AzzyAI 1.541 - New 1/26, fixes for movement+chase issues, client freeze - Page 6 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

AzzyAI 1.541 - New 1/26, fixes for movement+chase issues, client freeze

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#126 raijin09

raijin09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

ops sorry get it already

Edited by raijin09, 20 February 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#127 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Some times when you click the click remains could this be the cause?

#128 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Could be. I'm going to tighten up handling of move commands in the next version.

#129 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Using an Isis Mercenary and it is wrecking me with lag.

02/22/14 23:42:25 M4    We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to 0,0 while owner standing at 154,335
02/22/14 23:44:56 M0    move command to invalid location 157,234 owner pos 176,228
02/22/14 23:44:56 M0    move command to invalid location 157,234 owner pos 176,228
02/22/14 23:49:23 M4    We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to 0,0 while owner standing at 52,37
02/22/14 23:49:23 M4    We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to 0,0 while owner standing at 52,37
02/22/14 23:49:28 M4    We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to 0,0 while owner standing at 41,42
02/22/14 23:49:44 M2    AdjustCWr called with x,y=ox,oy - this can't happen!

Spoiler

#130 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Do you lag with other kinds of mercenaries on the same map? What about with homun on same map, at same time that it's lagging with Isis? 

I'd like to nail down whether this a simple example of merc/homun induced lag (you have set LagReduction for merc as well as homun, right? Those are set separately), or whether there's a specific problem with the Isis mercs.

#131 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

I think the lag was actually related to the event monsters for the Isis since I didn't have any set to ignore. When I winged away from like 2 unicorns and 3 chocos the lag eased up. It was still twitchy which I think is identical to the homu lag I get while running around. I think it's movebounds causing it ._.;

Merc lag reduc was off, didn't think to check that.

#132 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

can you make your ai with relitive path's or a configuration even if extra option's to allow for us to have it replace Basic AI's and custom ai.... please

IE

dofile( "./AI/Const_.lua")

to
dofile( "./AI"+optionname+"/Const_.lua")

where you can set it to "" or "/user_ai"

#133 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

The game provides us with no way to detect whether it's loading custom or default AI, so it would have to be specified with an option. 

I also cannot make it a config option, we'd be in a catch 22.  We would need to know the value of that option in order to know the path to load the config file from, but we couldn't find out the value of that option until we'd loaded the config file. So it would have to be an option you'd have to change by modifying AI.lua itself - and at that point, you might as well just do find/replace... 

What is the use case you have in mind for this? 

If you're just wanting to use two different AzzyAI installs with different configurations, I've got templates for doing that in H_Extra/M_Extra in the faq - http://drazzy.com/ai/faq.shtml

As an aside - if you install AzzyAI into USER_AI, but then move AI.lua and AI_M.lua into AI instead of USER_AI, you can install another AI into USER_AI, as long as none of the files it uses have the same names as the AzzyAI files (so you'd have the files for the other AI, plus all of the AzzyAI files except AI.lua and AI_M.lua) - it should work. 

#134 Mianee

Mianee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Hi I have a newly transformed level 100 Sera, ever since I transformed it and either I or it get a huge mob of monsters the homunc seems confused as to what it should do. One time both it and I had a mob and it kept going back and forth between me and my mob without attacking for about a minute. Is there something wrong with my settings?

Edited by Mianee, 28 February 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#135 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Hi I have a newly transformed level 100 Sera, ever since I transformed it and either I or it get a huge mob of monsters the homunc seems confused as to what it should do. One time both it and I had a mob and it kept going back and forth between me and my mob without attacking for about a minute. Is there something wrong with my settings?

Please take a trace of this, this is clearly bad behavior. 

To create a traceai:
1. In RO folder, delete AAIStartH.txt, all AAI_*.log files, and TraceAI.txt 
2. Set up everything to take the trace.
3. Type /traceai
4. Reproduce the problem
5. Type /traceai again, as soon as the problem has been demonstrated (you want to have TraceAI showing as little stuff relevant to the problem as possible.
6. zip up TraceAI.txt, AAI_*.log, and AAIStartH.txt from your RO folder, send them to me (upload to your favorite free file hosting site, or pm me for my email address)

#136 USMCDerrick

USMCDerrick

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hello, i'm having a little trouble on how to configure this ai for eden/monster quests. I have a hunter and I want to use the archer mercenary to kill goats when I trap them, but it seems like when the mercenary gets the last hit and kills the goat, the monster kill doesn't show up in my quests.

I was thinking maybe have the mercenary hit below a certain point of the monsters hp, but not sure if that was possible. Then I thought maybe have the mercenary stop attacking after a certain time so I can get the last hit, but I am not sure how to do that. Maybe have the mercenary attack a certain amount of times/hits?

I have searched quite a bit on this and have not found any information. Is no one using mercenaries for monster quests? Is it possible? 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought I would give it a shot. Thanks much.

#137 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Mmmmm...

If it doesn't use skills, prior to a fix for AttackTimeLimit in 1.54, you could have set that unreasonably low, so it'd drop targets after a few hits even while you successfully attacked it - but this may not work anymore, because I try to detect successful attacks and ignore AttackTimeLimit, because it was meant to address posbug issues where you're trying to attack something out of range that looks like it's in range, not leave half-dead monsters for the owner to pick off. It would be practical to bring this back as an option, though people always complain how I have too many obscure options. If it used skills, that'd throw this off, unless you could be confident of how many it would cast per monster within that time limit. 

I think people are just not using the mercs for killcount quests, for this very reason... 

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 March 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#138 deeprise

deeprise

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Hi. downloaded the ai. ai works fine but im unable to access the ai config so stuck with default settings. it says "failed to intialize properly" when i click the icon. i installed ragnarok in drive d instead of c. does that make a difference? ive tried unzipping the file again and downloaded file again. still cant change configuration. help please

#139 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

You need to install the microsoft .net framework. http://www.microsoft...t/download.aspx

#140 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

I think I'm having similar problem as above :x I've been running 2 seras for a few days now, one has Poison Mist, one doesn't. The one without it runs perfectly fine, while the one with Mist gets stuck every 20 mins or so. It just stops moving and performing any actions until I manually move it/make it do something. Monsters are attacking me and the homun, but it's not reacting at all. I actually died a few times to this before I found out what's the case. It really is an annoying thing as I tend to leave homuns overnight, it's rather pointless to leave it running just so it will die after an hour or so .-.

It even got stuck twice now that I am writing it :x

I thought issues like this had all been fixed! 

This represents a critical issue - Can you please take a trace with the one that's not working?

To create a traceai:
1. In RO folder, delete AAIStartH.txt, all AAI_*.log files, and TraceAI.txt 
2. wait until the homun is in it's bugged state, where it stops moving and attacking
3. Type /traceai
4. Wait 30 seconds or until it sorts itself out. 
5. Type /traceai again
6. zip up TraceAI.txt, AAI_*.log, and AAIStartH.txt from your RO folder, send them to me (upload to your favorite free file hosting site, or pm me for my email address)

I'm sorry it took me so long, but at first it wasn't happenning, or was happenning as soon as I stopped paying attention to my homun, and later I took a break from leveling it. And now, again, just caught that using traceai and it got stuck twice again as I'm writing it :| It's the not-Poison Mist Sera I'm having problems with now, not leveling the higher one anymore. It's sad, I had no problems with this one before, and now I died twice when I left it overnight.

http://www.mediafire...r/Homun_bug.rar

Also, I have noticed my homun stops using skills - but still kills - as soon as I put a chat up. I'd rather like to prevent myself from random warp outs, is there a way to fix that?

Edit:

About 10 minutes after I did the traceai, I got an AAI_ERROR file saying:

03/24/14 13:57:12 H4    We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to 0,0 while owner standing at 168,120
03/24/14 13:57:57 H4    We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to 0,0 while owner standing at 168,120

I could have caused it myself as I was manually moving the Sera to start attacking again - but 0,0? :p_swt:

Edited by rodezja, 24 March 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#141 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

It's getting hung up because it is failing to move to your side to use PK on you. I suspect that I will not be able to fix this without giving you a development version that has expanded logging, because unfortunately, AzzyAI currently does not record the information I need to figure out what's going on here (coords that it's trying to move to and owner coords) in the trace. 

Can you tell me what was going on around you? Were you standing next to any unwalkable cells?

Also, is painkiller set for Idle or ASAP? 

Homun cannot use skills while owner has chat up - the game blocks it. 

The MOVE_CMD to 0,0 is a bug in the game introduced on 9/4 - sometimes while moving it manually, the game sends MOVE_CMD to 0, 0 to the AI. These are recorded to facilitate debugging of issues related to this. If it doesn't seem to be related to any current issues, I'll remove that from AAI_ERROR logging in a few versions.

#142 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

Um... But my Sera doesn't even HAVE Painkiller yet. It is set to Idle.

Yes, there is a log-thing close to me which seems to be 2 dead cells. When I died at night though there were no obstacles around me, I don't think it was a BB either as my Sera did not die and when I summoned it, it had full SP - like when it just gets stuck.

One time the Sera was all the way down on my screen, no obstacles there. The other time she was closer to me, but still a few cells away from me. It got stuck next to me as well. One time the mobs were only on me, the other on both homun and me. It's quite hard to tell anything else.

I'll make sure to inform you if I notice anything more.

#143 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

Um... But my Sera doesn't even HAVE Painkiller yet. It is set to Idle.

Yes, there is a log-thing close to me which seems to be 2 dead cells. When I died at night though there were no obstacles around me, I don't think it was a BB either as my Sera did not die and when I summoned it, it had full SP - like when it just gets stuck.

One time the Sera was all the way down on my screen, no obstacles there. The other time she was closer to me, but still a few cells away from me. It got stuck next to me as well. One time the mobs were only on me, the other on both homun and me. It's quite hard to tell anything else.

I'll make sure to inform you if I notice anything more.

The AI can't tell if it has painkiller - the game provides no way for the AI to determine that. Please turn off painkiller if using a homun that does not have that skill. 

If any of the cells adjacent to you are unwalkable, and you have the AI set to use painkiller on you, it will have problems - the 9/4 update took away both of the ways that I used to reliably close to the owner in that circumstance. I will try to make it detect this better. 

If you're in OD2, that log near the top right in the water is made of death. Even before 9/4, there were owner standpoints around that log that I was never able to keep it from getting confused by. 

#144 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

So... That means I have to use different AIs for different homuns... :p_cry: I already have 2 separate RO folders, ah the confusion ~_~

I think the AI was set to Idle PK by deflaut, that would explain most of my problems... I don't remember changing it in general. But then again, it also happenned when there were no dead cells around me :| I'll see if I can make it happen again with no dead cells next to me, and report it to you if so.

Thanks for your responses though! It sure helped me understand some things better.

#145 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

Try using this (assuming it doesn't error on load) instead. I made these changes at work, so I'm not certain it will work (can't test it here). 

This has logging in it so that the trace will provide enough information for me to figure out how to fix this:

http://drazzy.com/ai...I 1.543test.zip

I also fixed one oversight in the targeting code for provoke_st (used for all targeted buffs - as provoke from merc was the first such buff). I do not expect it to fix the problem.

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 March 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#146 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Mmm so I wanted to install the new AI when I start another run later today, and I managed to snap this with my current one!

Spoiler

No dead cells or anything around me, no dead cells other than walls even in sight at all. According to that log it tried to move off screen for some reason? :| I caught that one twice shortly after each other, too - the first time it resolved quickly by itself though.

#147 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

That's a different issue, and a rather more troubling one. 

Still can't make any debugging progress without the trace in the new version. 

Also, how far away from the homun were you when you took the above trace? Were there any monsters directly next to you (or other players)?

#148 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

I'll make sure to switch the AIs then.

There was a whole bunch of mobs on me, I had to pot quite a bit while waiting the 30 seconds to type /traceai again. No loose mobs I think. Possibly a mob or two on person above me, not sure about person bellow me as he was right off my screen. The homun was about 12 cells bellow me, kind of diagonally.

#149 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

And there were mobs on the side of you facing the monster.... so GetStandPoint() realized it needed to adjust the movement to an unoccupied cell... but that brought the cell beyond the 15 cell step size beyond which Move() doesn't work - and it detected this and dutifully clipped the movement at 15 cells distant - which placed it ontop of a monster, so it never moved...... 

That 9/4 patch sucked.... Six months later I'm still cleaning up the mess

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 March 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#150 Skarlett

Skarlett

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

^ Pretty much the same problem as rodezja.

Sera doesn't have PK or Poison Mist, though.

After about 15 minutes, Sera stands still and refuses to attack. ._.

I updated the old AI, unsure about which version it was, to the new version of the AI today and that's when this started happening. :X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users