Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 19 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#451 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

People are already complaining about the natural spawns as is with the current kill counts. I don't want the Bounty Boards to be a catalyst to more unnecessary iRO customizations.

#452 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

I'm not sure if it's been proposed before but regarding the bounty boards locations, would it be possible to place them in their respective kill count's map entrance? Having to go back to town and then coming back to the map ends up reducing the exp you'd get by just staying there and grinding. Not sure if i explained my arguement well but i'd be more than glad to help you with the locations if you're not familiar with the new maps and even take you there so you can examine the places yourself.

Boards are in towns instead for better advertising and safer turn in. Would you rather lag in town trying to turn them in or out in the open where you can get mobbed or DB'd?

Advertising boards wouldn't be an issue if the new quest widow were fully utilized.  There could be a page labeled "Bounty Boards" That lists the available boards.  But alas, That's probably an update only kRO can do and they're too lazy to fully update it.

As far as lagging on while turning in, I guess I've never had an issue with that since the boards are nicely set up to ti quickly, unlike the eden boards.

#453 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:52 AM

http://forums.warppo...uest/?p=1997713

#454 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:09 AM

May I suggest in increasing zeny rewards? Nowadays is hard to earn some zeny.... especially for newbie...

#455 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:10 AM

http://forums.warppo...uest/?p=1997713

In-game announcements are up to the CMs. I can't do much about it on my end.

May I suggest in increasing zeny rewards? Nowadays is hard to earn some zeny.... especially for newbie...

I'm thinking about increasing the money reward to 40k per kill.

There is another quest system being developed in the community project thread that will come after the Bounty Board system is officially launched. It should help supplement the boards in terms of providing money.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 19 December 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#456 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hey, can you please make the EXPs and Job EXPs in Chunk, and make the Petites and Glast Heim Mobs on geffen Bounty Board for level 70-100. because Petites and The Glast Heim mobs is really a good and easy mob for those Levels, Thank You! :D

#457 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

^aren't they already on the board?

#458 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hello there!

there are 15 pages in this thread and I didnt want to read through all of them.

my main question is ...

If i signed up for a level 120-140 bounty board kill quest,

and I turned level 141, and then tried to turn in those quests...

Will the bounty board let me?  or will reply.. " this quest is only for 120-140"

my concern is that if you above the level for the board and still have kill count quests to turn in, will the board let you  or ignore you?

thanks for the quick reply.

#459 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

if you already have the quest taken you can turn in at any point, even if you are beyond the appropriate level.

#460 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

The board will let you turn in if you complete the kills, but it will not let you take any more quests from that board.

#461 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

^aren't they already on the board?

Yes but they are in 81-100 Boards, Hunting Petites and Evil Druid/Wraith at level 81 doesnt give a lot of EXP, so maybe they can change it to 70-100 or 71-100 (because petite is level 86). Thanks

#462 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

In-game announcements are up to the CMs. I can't do much about it on my end.

Very thanks for reply. Bounty board is something very necessary because Gramp TI should not be the only alternative to obtain EMBs. A lot of picky players deny some classes and builds to join TI party. The changing of bounty boards is critically a must to be described all detail for those player who farming EMBs with the option "Claim all".

#463 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

Very thanks for reply. Bounty board is something very necessary because Gramp TI should not be the only alternative to obtain EMBs. A lot of picky players deny some classes and builds to join TI party. The changing of bounty boards is critically a must to be described all detail for those player who farming EMBs with the option "Claim all".

As the creator of the Bounty Boards system, I simply collect feedback and relay necessary changes to the CMs. Whether they implement those changes or not within that week is up to them. As much as I'd like for them to list in detail what changes from my list they make to the boards, it's all ultimately up to them to announce the changes in either the maintenance thread or the patch notes. The Tiki Tuesday threads are pretty much the only way for players to anticipate potential changes to the boards and even then it's not always exact.

Keep in mind that the Bounty Boards system is still in the beta phase of testing and implementation. Changes are to be expected as development on them continues until the official launch. I advise players to not rely on them too much at the moment as bugs are to be expected and the scripts are not yet finalized. Please continue using Gramps for your efficient EXP and EMB-farming needs since that's not buggy at all.

#464 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

Really, really hoping they add the Scaraba bounty boards this week!

#465 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

As the creator of the Bounty Boards system, I simply collect feedback and relay necessary changes to the CMs. Whether they implement those changes or not within that week is up to them. As much as I'd like for them to list in detail what changes from my list they make to the boards, it's all ultimately up to them to announce the changes in either the maintenance thread or the patch notes. The Tiki Tuesday threads are pretty much the only way for players to anticipate potential changes to the boards and even then it's not always exact.

Keep in mind that the Bounty Boards system is still in the beta phase of testing and implementation. Changes are to be expected as development on them continues until the official launch. I advise players to not rely on them too much at the moment as bugs are to be expected and the scripts are not yet finalized. Please continue using Gramps for your efficient EXP and EMB-farming needs since that's not buggy at all.

LOL, Gramp TI is unreliable. That's why I have to put effort on Bounty Board as the last resort.

#466 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

LOL, Gramp TI is unreliable. That's why I have to put effort on Bounty Board as the last resort.

But Gramps gives 100% EXP while the Bounty Boards only give 75% EXP (and some money). <<

#467 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

But Gramps gives 100% EXP while the Bounty Boards only give 75% EXP (and some money). <<

There are really high chance for some classes and builds that cannot complete the quest because of  partying. Compare to Bounty Board that all players can farm EMB on their own. Of coarse, there is (likely) no time limit to complete the quest.

TI is too crowd and full of conflict with the kill stealers.

#468 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

The mora board has to be capped at 160 ?? Any info on when the mora's bb is coming ?

P.S. Didn't go through the whole 19 pages. So re-direct me if this question has been already asked and answered.

#469 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:04 AM

The mora board has to be capped at 160 ?? Any info on when the mora's bb is coming ?

P.S. Didn't go through the whole 19 pages. So re-direct me if this question has been already asked and answered.

Midgard Camp and El Discastes boards need to be updated first before I can request the Mora board. If the fixes I requested go in this week, then you guys can expect Mora to come next week.

The boards were originally capped at 160 because there weren't any plans for us to get 175 this year so now I have to figure out another time schedule to update the boards for that. (Frickin' kRO...)

#470 StrongRage

StrongRage

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to drop a Bounty Board quest, if I've decided I don't want it any more??

#471 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:14 AM

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to drop a Bounty Board quest, if I've decided I don't want it any more??

RO itself is not programmed in a way to allow you to drop quests. If you need a bugged quest removed from your quest log, go to WarpPortal Support, log into your Support account, and create a ticket for a GM to help you out.

Otherwise, just move the quest to your Inactive tab by right-clicking it in your Active list.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 23 December 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#472 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know I started leveling a new character and decided to take a stab at a few of these solo as well as cheat a few of them with my genetic dragging my derpy high mage around and overall the experience was pretty excellent. It alleviated some of the annoyance of leveling a low level character AND encouraged a change of scenery often, which kind of made the pvm experience a good deal more enjoyable. Overall, looks good so far. Can't complain about the rewards at all. One of my alt linkers was stuck at 99/49 and 0% and just doing 1 harpy turn in which took like 15 minutes tops got me job 50 which is pretty fantastic.

Looking forward to see how the high level ones work, only done the sub-100 level ones so far.

#473 Tinatan

Tinatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

I took the payon elder willow bounty board quest two weeks ago before elder willow was removed from payon board. I just finished them this week and am not able to get my reward from either prontera or payon.. What can I do?

#474 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

What's your character's name?

#475 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

Update from the maintenance thread:

Updates and fixes for bounty board [Sorry, had to push additions this to next week]

So bugged boards should be fixed, but alas the Scarabas are delayed for yet another week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users