June 4th Ryan Davis' Birthday Maintenance - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 4th Ryan Davis' Birthday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

POPULAR

ODA'S CORNER

Born June 4th 1979, Ryan Davis was one of the founders of vidjagame news website Giantbomb.com and one of the funniest guys. When his best friend Jeff Gerstmann was fired from Gamespot due to pressure from a game publisher, Ryan Davis and other friends quit the site and joined him in his new venture.

Since 2009, Giantbomb's podcast, Quick Looks and weird random content has brought me hundreds (thousands?) of hours of entertainment. Even in tough or stressful times, their unique sense of humor would considerably brighten my day. When he passed away last year it felt like losing a friend, not just a random internet man. 

For more info on this great guy and what he helped create, check out GIANTBOMB.COM, consistently the most entertaining videogame site. RIP Duder.

Oda is too slow I have the first post this time!

Concept we are working on for next week:

Currently the Orcsdun1 and 2 are over populated by alchemists and their pets. This has removed the ability of some players to do their eden group equipment quests that send them down there. This is bad. We could disable humonculi down there but that would also be bad. We don't want to punish everyone.

So instead were looking at creating a copy of the maps. There will be a Alchemist Friendly Copy, and a General Purpose Copy. The map restrictions will be the same and everyone will be able to access both. However the GM team will have a different policy for each maps.

Alchemist Friendly Map - Full Kill stealing protections for humonculi. If you KS one of them you are KSing the player.

General Purpose Map - No kill stealing protections for humonculi. You can freely KS an humonculi, that being said ksing other players will still be disallowed. (and no we won't allow shenanigans like 'I tagged all these monsters for my pet and I was just waiting for them to die to the pet. If the pet is the one doing the killing then the monsters are fair game for everyone.')

If this goes in you will need to type /where to show us which copy of the map if you do submit a killstealing report screenshot.

We would like to know everyone's thoughts on this.

NOTES

New update should resolve the blind bug, stats should return to normal after the blind effect wears off. 

Lucky Box comes in this week- Details on the lucky box contents can be found here> http://www.playragna...aspx?id=331&p=1

Glast Heim Instance Implemented

Glast Heim NPCs implemented

WoE TE Still undergoing testing

Glast Heim Equipment and weapon drops implemented

Glast Heim Challenge Dungeons Implemented

Bounty board NPCs appearance changed to boards

TI: 
Low: Deviruchi/Bathory
Mid: Purple Venatu/Centipede Larva
High: Knocker/Petal

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

First

I don't think our community is mentally/emotionally capable of handling a feature like that.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 02 June 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#3 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

I think it would be fine, but how would you differentiate between the two maps when reporting someone?

This would also create a flood of unneeded tickets since you've deputized a bunch of children.

Imagine all the reports from people threatening each other.

Edit: Would the cloned map also be under the spotlight exp?

Disabling the extra exp for the OD maps would probably lessen the problem.

Edited by Myzery, 02 June 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

I think it would be fine, but how would you differentiate between the two maps when reporting someone?

This would also create a flood of unneeded tickets since you've deputized a bunch of children.

Imagine all the reports from people threatening each other.

We have two options

1. Make all reports require a /where

2. May one of the clones be a similar but not the exact same as orcs dungeon. But something that is visually different.

#5 wasabee

wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

If newbie wants eden gears they need to hunt orc worrior, orc lady and baby orc not mobs in OD1 or 2 unless they do eden quest level 41-55 quest.

#6 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

Yes.....but can we get the blood to flow....up the walls?

free zeny if you can name that line!

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

my question is how will this effect lag on these maps? wouldnt it be better to make a dungeon on a totally seperate area of the game for hommunc users? something kinda like TI maps but for hommunc users specifically... have a NPC you talk to to teleport them there ONLY if they are alchemist classes...

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

I think the copy of the map for homuns is a great idea, and will finally stop a lot of the crying. BUT:

• Homuns load the zone server more heavily than players - make sure this is kept in mind when picking what zone server to put the homun-friendly maps on. Zone server lag has been really bad the past couple of weeks in some zones.
  • The biggest problem is not players KSing homuns, but homuns making it hard for players to get monsters to kill, and (usually accidentally) KSing players with poorly placed AoEs and/or because homuns can't tell if a monster is chasing someone (and hence not available to attack) or just pacing around. This problem must be addressed - and I'm not sure if your proposal would achieve this. 
  • This new policy needs to be forcefully communicated to players, and people going into OD2 need to be given a shove in the direction towards the right map for them. 

I think just changing the KS policy will achieve little, seeing as enforcement of rules against KSing seems to be non-existent. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 June 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

I think the copy of the map for homuns is a great idea, and will finally stop a lot of the crying. BUT:

• Homuns load the zone server more heavily than players - make sure this is kept in mind when picking what zone server to put the homun-friendly maps on. Zone server lag has been really bad the past couple of weeks in some zones.
  • The biggest problem is not players KSing homuns, but homuns making it hard for players to get monsters to kill, and (usually accidentally) KSing players with poorly placed AoEs and/or because homuns can't tell if a monster is chasing someone (and hence not available to attack) or just pacing around. This problem must be addressed - and I'm not sure if your proposal would achieve this. 
  • This new policy needs to be forcefully communicated to players, and people going into OD2 need to be given a shove in the direction towards the right map for them. 

I think just changing the KS policy will achieve little, seeing as enforcement of rules against KSing seems to be non-existent. 

The plan for shoving it in the character's faces is the first time the visit the map it lays out the policy then makes you type in that you understand.

We could make it so that no homunculi can exist on the general purpose map.

#10 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

Currently the Orcsdun1 and 2 are over populated by alchemists and their pets. This has removed the ability of some players to do their eden group equipment quests that send them down there. This is bad. We could disable humonculi down there but that would also be bad. We don't want to punish everyone.

So instead were looking at creating a copy of the maps. There will be a Alchemist Friendly Copy, and a General Purpose Copy. The map restrictions will be the same and everyone will be able to access both. However the GM team will have a different policy for each maps.

Alchemist Friendly Map - Full Kill stealing protections for humonculi. If you KS one of them you are KSing the player.

General Purpose Map - No kill stealing protections for humonculi. You can freely KS an humonculi, that being said ksing other players will still be disallowed. (and no we won't allow shenanigans like 'I tagged all these monsters for my pet and I was just waiting for them to die to the pet. If the pet is the one doing the killing then the monsters are fair game for everyone.')

The Full Kill stealing should be disallowed in the OD.

Edited by Razzez, 02 June 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#11 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

I feel that you should just disable the 2x exp inside OD

It's not like anyone else can effectively level there.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

The plan for shoving it in the character's faces is the first time the visit the map it lays out the policy then makes you type in that you understand.

We could make it so that no homunculi can exist on the general purpose map.

I think preventing homuns from existing on general purpose map might end up being necessary (i'd try it without first, though).

You'll need to forcibly send everyone on that map back to spawn during maint if you rely on a notice when they enter the map. Lots of people with homuns just leave the homun char logged in OD2. 

#13 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

I dont get the point of this thread are you having problems with homun killstealing players or players kill stealing homun?

I think the problem is more with the map server being so lagged that you cant move. The spawn is so awesome at times that you a new eden player you would get mobbed to death without being able to do anything about it and hence repeatably dieing. I would think that a eden player was getting too much to kill too fast. Is it not the bigger problem the fact that the map server is overloaded?

Edited by Alicesaurus, 02 June 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#14 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

if doing this to OD 1 and 2 ends up helping then perhaps the same should be done for ant hell... the same problem exists there

#15 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

IMO it's easier to disable homun at the main map, players can level there without ksing or getting ksed. Then create two OD copies for homunculus levelers, since there are so many of them two maps would fill up easily.

Edit: I agree you should do the same for ant hell.

Edited by meli, 02 June 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#16 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

Just make a homun only copy of orc dungeon 1,2 , ant hell 1. Only alchem class with homun out can enter. And boost the exp in homun-only copy and disable dead branch, bloody branch, ice wall, manhole, thorn wall any harassing skills.

This way, non-homun class can go level in orc dungeon. And homun owner have more incentive to stay in homun-only map instead of swamp the ordinary leveling one.

Honestly, Moscovia dungeon 1 and 2 are so much better for afkmist. Campitor and Oda can you consider something that make moscovia 1,2 more attractive? The last moscovia spotlight exp is great for homun leveling but very few people there to boost the spawn (only bots). I am not asking a lot like double the exp there, just increase the spawn, it will ease the heavy stress on geffen map server and the tension between afkmist and other class leveling. Honestly, the quest isn't that hard and people can just have a warp slave to skip the quest.

Edited by GreenIvy, 02 June 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#17 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

^ Just create a copy of orc dungeon 2 and ant hell 1 and enforce rule homunculus only, as in only alchemist, biochemist and geneticist may enter the map. They can be ported there from an npc in eden for example. Disable Bloody branch, dead branch and manhole on the map too!

Edit:
As for the suggested concept in first post, I don't think this would really help.

The issue is more than ks-ing. Orc dungeon and ant hell are like the best afk friendly leveling maps for homunculus till max level. This means the maps are over run by homunculus making them harder for other players to level and hunt. So making a homunculus only map(s) is the best solution to control ks-ing and map(s) overload. If you want, you can disable homunculus in the regular map but I don't know about that really. The new maps must have an attractive feature to make alchemists ditch the old ones for homunculus leveling. Perhaps a buff that doubles the exp gain for homunculus upon porting to the said map?

Edited by Beata, 02 June 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#18 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Not relevant, but I'm taking advantage since Camp is listening. I think that we should get WOE TE and base 160 updates as soon as possible.

#19 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

if only the video recording feature can be activated by hotkey rather than manually finding it.(unless there is hotkey for it?)

all reports should be in video recordings

#20 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

There could be the odd case where people want to bring a heal / buff slave for their alchs into the alch-OD instance though.

#21 1839651833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationJava

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Whoa whoa, that's some updates

Excuse me sir campitor o.o/

Is double map permanent?

Can you disable BB on homun map, and let it default on general map?

Bigger problem would be most homun owner will most likely kill steal people in general map (intended or not, this I know really well) so is there any way to disable homun in general map?

There could be the odd case where people want to bring a heal / buff slave for their alchs into the alch-OD instance though.

Most of time ressing them from wild BB, that's why BB should be disabled there

Edited by 1839651833, 02 June 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#22 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Yes, I agree. Alchemist and priest class then should be allowed with a required level of +70.

Edited by Beata, 02 June 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#23 RemixCritter

RemixCritter

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

I think od1 and 2 have been occupied by afkemist for too long. I used to lvl there before homunculus became part of the game. I believe you should disable them on the map and make another map more appealing. Preferably a map that is not used by other classes. That way everyone wins. (P.s. do you think you could update the default homunculus AI? The killstealing is absolutely ridiculous. Idk why people are being to lazy to download one of Azzy's scripts.)

#24 balugajaimee

balugajaimee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

how about create a map just only for homunclus and alchemist , KS is  unavoidable even its intentional or not intentional

or rather change the quest on eden gears instead giving orcs to kill give a different monsters quest to hunt

or rather give different map that only player who do the eden gears quest can enter  :p_laugh:

#25 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

If it's an homun only map, KS won't even be an issue in the first place. The more homun, the more spawn. Every homun kill everything anyway.

I guess it's impossible for iRO to customize on Homun intimacy and leveling exp chart. So this homun only dungeon will be a great iRO improvement.

Edited by GreenIvy, 02 June 2014 - 12:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users