June 4th Ryan Davis' Birthday Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 4th Ryan Davis' Birthday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic

#51 1839651833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationJava
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

If you see yourself inside OD2, you will see afkmist fighting over a "spot" -_- that thing alone is ridiculous and I even had that time 6 chemist on my screen (yes they all KSing), that's the chemist alone.How can another player leveling there and not to KS those afkmist? If only people could move on from OD, afkmist need to get encourage more than newbs IMO

#52 ShamStalin

ShamStalin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

How about WoE TE and the Glastheim's Memorial gears?

#53 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

if only the video recording feature can be activated by hotkey rather than manually finding it.(unless there is hotkey for it?)

all reports should be in video recordings

Just running Video Recording won't show who does what, unless you are able to right click, or get the cursor over each person, fast enough. Screenshots are just as good if you able to do that. Like when I've had multiple users stand right on top of me, or next to me, using their hommuns, when I was already there.

#54 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

A couple of things about maintenance.

How much longer before Troy, & the Malandgo NPC, are put back in?

Also can you guys put Ninja Scrolls in the next box? I think it's been over a year since they were. Please put older, and/or new items in, instead of the same things over, & over again.

#55 WeissCeres

WeissCeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

i like the idea of separate maps and the npc to warp to the special map. eliminates ppl login in and claiming they were thr first. especially those that logout for a split second and come back and get pissed at you coz you've taken over the spot. 

also, please disable bb, db and polymorph clips in the instance maps because thr's been plenty times when ppl are wiped in the dungeon just because some gene could not find a spot to park himself. this is especially important if you're making the map alchemist class exclusive. imagine having bb-ed a valk or any other higher mvp thr and no tank, ab or any other classes to help you kill it off. 

i fully agree with the ks-ing terms proposed but would that cover homu aoe? I would suggest including aoe's that arent set to only cast at owner's feet but is being casted everywhere and anywhere as also a type of KS just because these maps can be quite filled. can't cover aoe in general because you could be blackmail by someone else who purposely sits in your aoe and saying you were ksing him/her. 

because its an instance map, would be somewhat possible to modify the exp received by the homu to be higher? 

#56 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Personally, I think that OD1 and 2 should be for everyone, with DB/BB disabled, and KSing not being allowed. AFKemists, newbies, anyone can level there, but it'll be mainly for the homons leveling. However, in the entrance to OD1 and in the entrance to OD2, there should be an NPC that will offer a "second channel" (like in Izlude) for anyone that doesn't have a homon. No kind of enforcement is necessary unless people start trying to take over the second channel for homon leveling. This way, homons have channel 1, all others have channel 2.

Why make the main/default dungeon "channel" homon-friendly instead of forcing them to the second channel is for 2 reasons. First, people who are already occupying OD1 and 2 won't have to move, second is because some people won't know about the second channel due to English not being their first language or don't check the forums. So they won't know to go to the second channel. It'd be easier for someone who wants to mob to simply talk to the NPC and get moved to the second channel.

#57 Toggles

Toggles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

Personally, I think that OD1 and 2 should be for everyone, with DB/BB disabled, and KSing not being allowed. AFKemists, newbies, anyone can level there, but it'll be mainly for the homons leveling. However, in the entrance to OD1 and in the entrance to OD2, there should be an NPC that will offer a "second channel" (like in Izlude) for anyone that doesn't have a homon. No kind of enforcement is necessary unless people start trying to take over the second channel for homon leveling. This way, homons have channel 1, all others have channel 2.

Why make the main/default dungeon "channel" homon-friendly instead of forcing them to the second channel is for 2 reasons. First, people who are already occupying OD1 and 2 won't have to move, second is because some people won't know about the second channel due to English not being their first language or don't check the forums. So they won't know to go to the second channel. It'd be easier for someone who wants to mob to simply talk to the NPC and get moved to the second channel.

If we have the leveling people be the ones that move.. well.. what about those who don't know English and don't move. Technically those people would we KSing the homuns around so.. they'll be at fault. There's no real way at winning with this, we can try to see which works best. Though if you think about it, having the main map homunculi disabled, people will kind of be forced to catch on real quickly. 

#58 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

the map should not be alchemist only,

i would like to buff and res myself incase my alch dies.

or

i want to leech

#59 Hireme

Hireme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

Now if only we can capture the alchemists in a Tholian web...

the alchemist could get rather defiant if you do that ^^

#60 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:25 AM

Just stay at Moscovia 1 and 2, not the outside field or 3. outside field map has mantis and exp is bad, 3 has gopinch.

1 and 2: almost all the mob are passive except yaga. And yaga's damage is minimal. Any homun can kill in orc can kill in mosvocia, and the exp is much better. (Even the scenery and music is more pleasant  :heh: )

I support a copy of homun leveling map. But if GM decide not to implement, I strongly suggest they do something about moscovia to attract homun owner. Homun owner can spread the word as well. So we can diverge some people from orc and ant hell. (Please don't remove the entrance quest tho.)

btw, to the people who are saying AFKmist are complaining too much. You probably never owned a homun. There is no way to compare leveling a character in TI and leveling a homun. And this dungeon copy thing isn't originally intended for fast leveling a homun, it's to create a harmony and balance between AFKmist and regular leveling folks. Now it's impossible for people to level and finish eden quest in orc dungeon. 

Edited by GreenIvy, 03 June 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#61 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:09 AM

Ant hell just needs more egg spots and the custom egg spots we have need more eggs to match the original spots.

#62 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

YAAAASSS EGGGSSS.  EGGGSS EVERYWHERE EVERY SPOT EVERY CELL.  :p_love:

#63 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

Would be nice to have quests that directly aid in leveling homunculus. Like kill count and/or gathering quests to level up intimacy or gain level ups. Of course, this should come with appropriate requirements and cooldown.

#64 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Now if only we can capture the alchemists in a Tholian web...

Make it so, number one.

#65 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

About damn time you do something about this, and while you're at it, do it for Ant Hell as well.

#66 toonzaka

toonzaka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

About damn time you do something about this, and while you're at it, do it for Ant Hell as well.

This...

#67 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

Whats the new TI for this week?

#68 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

May I suggest this for the separate instance? Since homunculus leveling is extremely tedious as we all know it and people literally spend months or even a year to max out their homunculus, perhaps there could be special mobs for homunculus leveling?

My plan is as follows:

For the separate instance, you access it by talking to an NPC who only warps you to that instance if you are off the alchemist class.

The map is like a copy of orc dungeon as planned, but the mobs inside give a much larger amount of exp. I'm talking about perhaps 3~5 times the OD2 mobs or more.

Taking advantage of the fact that homunculus aren't affected by renewal's exp mod due to level difference, it should be possible to make this not abusable for leveling players by setting the level of these special mobs to 1.

Since the mobs are level 1, you can't train on them even though they give so much exp, because your level is at least 50 times their level or so, making it perfect for homunculus leveling~

#69 ericcc

ericcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

We dont get new turn ins today?

#70 Toggles

Toggles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

May I suggest this for the separate instance? Since homunculus leveling is extremely tedious as we all know it and people literally spend months or even a year to max out their homunculus, perhaps there could be special mobs for homunculus leveling?

My plan is as follows:

For the separate instance, you access it by talking to an NPC who only warps you to that instance if you are off the alchemist class.

The map is like a copy of orc dungeon as planned, but the mobs inside give a much larger amount of exp. I'm talking about perhaps 3~5 times the OD2 mobs or more.

Taking advantage of the fact that homunculus aren't affected by renewal's exp mod due to level difference, it should be possible to make this not abusable for leveling players by setting the level of these special mobs to 1.

Since the mobs are level 1, you can't train on them even though they give so much exp, because your level is at least 50 times their level or so, making it perfect for homunculus leveling~

Umm.. you do realize people can just use their Alchemist-types to just actively level if you enhance the OD instance EXP?

#71 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Umm.. you do realize people can just use their Alchemist-types to just actively level if you enhance the OD instance EXP?

Doesn't the level mod punish for level difference between monster and player? Looking at a 50 level difference or more I don't think the exp would be worth anything...

Unless homunculus exp that's shared isn't affected by the level mod.

Presuming level mod works(referring to this chart: http://irowiki.org/w...difference.png)

If the monster levels are set to 1, the homunculus gets full exp regardless of level difference, while the player being over 38 levels above level 1 would get a mere 10% of the original exp.

EDIT: the exp player gets from homun kills is affected by level mod. My level 137 gen gets 45 exp from each zenorc kill.

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 03 June 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#72 Toggles

Toggles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Yeah.. we're talking about ALL Alchemist classes.. not just your.. Gen..? Say if I have an exclusive map meant for me and I'm a level 40~80 Alchemist/Biochemist? I'd probably have a huge unfair advantage.. better than BMx3ing and better than global 2x.. I'd probably stay there all day till I get to 99? 

[Think of the whole picture] 

#73 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

OD experience point rates will not be changed

#74 ericcc

ericcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Campitor do we have new TI this week?? Please say so.. Thank you

#75 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

I think the best is to leave the main OD map for regular players to level (homun disabled), and the secondary OD for alch/bio/gen only if possible. Disable bloody branches at the homunculus only map and everyone happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users