11/19 Terry "Jadzia Dax" Farrell Birthday Maintenance - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

11/19 Terry "Jadzia Dax" Farrell Birthday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

Born on this day in 1963, Terry Farrell is best known as the Trill science officer on the objectively best Star Trek Series, Deep Space 9. She also played Cat in the forgotten second pilot of the US version of Red Dwarf, but we won't talk about that right now. 

Notes: 

Thanksgiving quest comes in this week, you can begin the quest by speaking to the peco just outside of the southern Morroc Inn. 

NIOwOQZ.gif

In schg_cas02 

To fix a bug where players could destroy the barricade before the guardian stones are down these two areas highlighted in the picture can no longer be attacked through. This will not affect the ability of players to sling spells to and from the platforms.

TXXQOdg.png

Turn Ins:

Low: Assaulter/Dark Priest

Mid: Aunoe/Vanberk

High: Phylla/Ancient Tree (Exp reward for turning in boosted by 1.5x to compensate for higher HP)

Lighthalzen Bounty Board

Also considering having voting expressing your feedback for new WoE times ingame, one of the options suggested would be to place the voting NPC in the treasure room or would require being in a guild and over a certain level to prevent too much misuse of the npc. 

PVP Gatekeeper being added to Lighthalzen near indoor Kafra. 

#2 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

a little early, no?

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

it's never too early for a maint thread.  otherwise you'll get "current status of maint thread" threads again.

also, what are people's ranks for star trek tv series?

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

terry farrell was also the lead actress opposite Pinhead in the 3rd Hellraiser movie (one of the worst ones made)...

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

DS9 went to hell content wise around the time they killed off Jadzia Dax. Before that it was an awesome show. DS9 Is still my favorite trek. Avery Brooks as Sisco was <3 <3 <3

Edited by Jaye, 14 November 2014 - 12:14 PM.

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

DS9 went to hell content wise around the time they killed off Jadzia Dax. Before that it was an awesome show. DS9 Is still my favorite trek. Avery Brooks as Sisco was <3 <3 <3

Sort of like BSG (another show by the same producer) I felt that the show went off the rails in the last season but the Dominion wars was a fantastic and different story line for a trek series. 

Also how cool was it to have a Captain who actually has a family?

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

kirk had a son didn't he?

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

kirk had a son didn't he?

And Picard had a brother and Janeway had a S/O, but they didn't spend a meaningful amount of time with them. You saw Jake Sisko grow up and his Ferengi best friend Nog go from little brat to dedicated Starfleet Officer. The characters (ally and enemy) grew and changed through the years and it was great to see. 

#9 PantherVFS

PantherVFS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

The characters (ally and enemy) grew and changed through the years and it was great to see. 

This was defenetely one of the main reasons my friends and I loved this series, we got to grow up with the characters!  Q also had his fun time (my favorite character in Star Trek)!  Lots of great characters that had their own stories going on like Odo, Garak, etc.

It was a shame that Tery Farrell left DS9 for Becker, though she was still awesome as an actress!

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

Any chance of a new Tiki Tuesday thread as well?

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

I agree re: family. Not just sisco's but also O'brien and his wife and child, as well as the family ties with the ferengi characters, the stuff with dukat and his daughter, and the marital stuff with worf and jadzia. ds9 had a LOT more family/interpersonal relationsips and episodes dedicated to a variety of characters. The original series didn't have so much time dedicated to auxillary characters. I hated the characters in voyager and enterprise mostly. The best crew was next gen, though.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

enterprise was the most recent installment right?  it didn't seem that great.  did it have a long run?

#13 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

Yea, it was such a great series, but it losses a lot of the great chemistry that existed when they killed Jadzia off, and the plot just gets downright weird/psychotic after that(really what were the writers smoking when they wrote the stories for the later ep)

#14 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

it's all about the prophets.

#15 Anshin

Anshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

Is the time change consideration for all the WoEs?

#16 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

Yea, it was such a great series, but it losses a lot of the great chemistry that existed when they killed Jadzia off, and the plot just gets downright weird/psychotic after that(really what were the writers smoking when they wrote the stories for the later ep)

Exactly! With the mystical pa iwriath stuff or whatever? They took what was a scientific explanation for religion which I found interesting, and made it magical. And they wrecked characters like dukat going insane and killing his daughter, kkilling jadzia, etc. They just got bored and wanted to wreck everything. A lot of shows do that their final season (like xena/hercules too)

#17 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

Exactly! With the mystical pa iwriath stuff or whatever? They took what was a scientific explanation for religion which I found interesting, and made it magical. And they wrecked characters like dukat going insane and killing his daughter, kkilling jadzia, etc. They just got bored and wanted to wreck everything. A lot of shows do that their final season (like xena/hercules too)

Yea WTF, dukat was actually becoming likeable, in his usique kind of way, and the utterly awkward/twisted relationship he had going on with the Major, was always interesting to say the least. Yea, it became a wannabe fantasy after that, damn they really pissed over everything the last 1-2 seasons sigh.

Edited by Zoltor, 14 November 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

for the voting for WOE times, what's to prevent people from voting on their alts?  Many people have have a bunch of level 150 chars at this point in the game, and some even have multiple accounts with max level chars.

#19 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Any chance you leave eat gear mimic up to dump upgraded gear while you sort out different stuff for eve natalia? assume gears needed to be switched due to ET spam.

#20 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

level 160 please! long time ago u said will be here in October. then u said November and we already reaching mid November today.

#21 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

Did they mention a year when they said October? :P

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

And Picard had a brother and Janeway had a S/O, but they didn't spend a meaningful amount of time with them. You saw Jake Sisko grow up and his Ferengi best friend Nog go from little brat to dedicated Starfleet Officer. The characters (ally and enemy) grew and changed through the years and it was great to see. 

Part of what I found made voyager engaging was that very fact tho. iirc Janeway got a "dear Kathy" message

#23 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:59 PM

i like patch updates

#24 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

for the voting for WOE times, what's to prevent people from voting on their alts?  Many people have have a bunch of level 150 chars at this point in the game, and some even have multiple accounts with max level chars.

Can't they just check your IP address or something to prevent that? Dunno.

#25 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

Did they mention a year when they said October? :P

aww shucks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic