Why Costume Quve mask is still working ? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Why Costume Quve mask is still working ?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#26 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

And what if he isnt?

then its ok, obviously

#27 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

well...im curious....why so many sarcasm?

isn't the mask supposed to have effect ended last year in the description?

So it's now permanent effect already announced somewhere?

i think OP is legit to ask for a fix for an effect that shouldn't be in now.

someone correct me.

#28 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

we got a lot of those in pRO and they don't ever work...they renew it every year afaik but the supply of the said items won't go down :wah:

#29 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

someone correct me.

The Internet is a really weird place, that's all. :mellow:

#30 Deafice

Deafice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

Every time I log in, I get sent to the server select screen. Fix please.

Edited by Deafice, 30 March 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#31 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

someone correct me.

Its alright, assuming the mask supposed to have effect ended since last year, by this logic it means that those who report botting and cheats during woe are jealous people </3

Trolling aside, I also want to know as well that should'nt the mask effect have ended since last year :3

Edited by ChakriGuard, 30 March 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#32 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

someone correct me.

because "muh secret item effect"

#33 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

I remember the Costume exp thread before where people reason out: "it's your fault that you don't have friends to tell you secrets." 

#34 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

Isn't this game supposed to work without bugs? I think it's a nice little competition for everything we suffered lately. Also this item is not like Baphomet head, which was generally free. It's from a rather rare box. Ppl paid money to get it. Why can't it stay.

Also, about sarcasm. Just give me one serious reason, why would a person create this topic? I'm thinking, thinking, thinking, my brain hurts, but I can't find any.

#35 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

wish for a fire sale holloween box ~

#36 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

Don't worry, they forgot to remove 'increase AGI' from rudolf hairband too...maybe they still in Christmas happy holidays mood

Years ago story..

#37 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

Why is OP so butthurt?

Would OP bother to tell about something buggy if it would benefit him ?

the Fast Genious Giant Op Tournament has the answers

Edited by AkaneSwifthand, 30 March 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#38 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

The OP is so jelly it makes me want to eat you.  :rice: 

#39 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:30 AM

Hey OP, the Quve Mask on my sig is a costume. :heh:

#40 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:32 AM

I remember the Costume exp thread before where people reason out: "it's your fault that you don't have friends to tell you secrets." 

Yes that was said, however it was said with reason. The individual (not to name names -cough- Raz..-cough-) was saying he shouldn't need to have friends to know about these continued effects (or something close to that). Basically his reasoning was twisted and stupid, and the comment you are quoting was said in a justified manner to the particular argument at the time.

Just clarifying so any readers don't think it was exceptional elitism going on, since you failed to reference the context it was said in.

#41 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

A player should be able to find all information on what an item does and doesn't do, were the game properly maintained. An item's effect(s) and/or description should be changed to reflect what the item really does or should do, should there be a mismatch.

Obfuscating actual item effects through flawed, outdated, or downright deceiving item descriptions and then demanding that a player have friends "in the know" to let him in on the "secret" is detrimental to RO's health and that player's gameplay experience. What separates the great players from the good players should be honest ingenuity around mechanics, not knowing backdoor "secrets".

Edited by kingarthur6687, 31 March 2015 - 02:32 AM.

#42 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

If it's bugged or not working as intended, then it should be fixed.

The exp costume situation was a little different. Anyone could obtain them.

These aren't available unless you buy it from another player and give a pretty huge advantage to anyone owning one.

Most of the people not wanting it nerfed most likely spent a good chunk of zeny on it.

If this was some game breaking, people would want it fixed asap.

Edited by Myzery, 31 March 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#43 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:55 AM

I didn't buy one a couple of months ago because they were supposed to fix the effect a while ago, should've known better!!!

This is not exactly game breaking but people are still going to complain about it.

In the end, I'd rather them get rid of botters and cheaters and fix game bugs first before anything else.   

#44 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

It would be unfair with the others players who bought the item at a very expensive price from another , no?

Well, the Halloween Costumes are not that OP and gives a nice dinamic to the game, so I guess they should be permanent. (1% atq or matk sucks x.x)

And well, a lot of itens got their description incorrect, so... its a bug in the itens effect or in the description? hmmm Better think about it no?

Mjolnir gives 20 STR and 50 DEX, but WOOOW different from description which says 15 STR 40 DEX, no?

So my point is that the description is wrong, not the itens effect.

---------

And Yes I think those who are complaining about the item is those who can't afford it. It has always been about "I don't have so others can't", spoiled children .-.

#45 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

A player should be able to find all information on what an item does and doesn't do, were the game properly maintained. An item's effect(s) and/or description should be changed to reflect what the item really does or should do, should there be a mismatch.

Obfuscating actual item effects through flawed, outdated, or downright deceiving item descriptions and then demanding that a player have friends "in the know" to let him in on the "secret" is detrimental to RO's health and that player's gameplay experience. What separates the great players from the good players should be honest ingenuity around mechanics, not knowing backdoor "secrets".

Well nice words, but you forgot it's RO. It's impossible to play without backdoor secrets, "insider info", help of your friends, wikis, etc. Item's description? There are so many skills and quests with wrong or misleading description. So when I play this game I feel like some hunter, who always need to learn new tricks and secrets to stay alive.

#46 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:36 AM

That's precisely why I said "were the game properly maintained". That being said, just because iRO isn't being properly maintained doesn't mean this sad state of affairs can't be addressed; hoarding backdoor "secrets" and demanding that players have friends "in the know" is counterproductive (and appalling, compared to games like LoL whose communities take game balance and transparency seriously), much better to press for the item's effects to be changed/fixed and/or the item's description changed/fixed as appropriate. I know there's a thread for bad item descriptions, but that one appears to be on the backburner.

Having a game that puts in the effort to properly present itself goes a long way towards getting the interest of potential new players and snagging long-timers.

#47 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

I feel like that's why iRO refuses to advertise. They know the game isn't even remotely presentable to serious gamers used to AAA polish.

#48 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:50 AM

MOBA players value transparency because teaching newbies how to play the game is a net benefit to their teams. In RO, teaching someone the secrets of their class or how to make money or what the essential quests are has a direct negative impact on a given player; after all, not every one is going to be a guildie, so teaching strangers everything they should know gives you competition that you didn't need for PvM, MVPs, WoE, and more. So RO players will guard their secrets zealously to maintain their advantage over the rest of the playerbase. It sucks, but the only way to change it is to comb through the game yourself and reveal those secrets, and I'm sure you'll be both loved and hated for it in the process.

#49 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

MOBA players value transparency because teaching newbies how to play the game is a net benefit to their teams. In RO, teaching someone the secrets of their class or how to make money or what the essential quests are has a direct negative impact on a given player; after all, not every one is going to be a guildie, so teaching strangers everything they should know gives you competition that you didn't need for PvM, MVPs, WoE, and more. So RO players will guard their secrets zealously to maintain their advantage over the rest of the playerbase. It sucks, but the only way to change it is to comb through the game yourself and reveal those secrets, and I'm sure you'll be both loved and hated for it in the process.

You're presuming that those players won't later possibly become guildies or fellow party members or even friends down the road. Perpetuating ignorance for one's own greed and selfishness breeds further ignorant and selfish players which develops into a negative feedback spiral that will eventually kill the game.

MOBA players value transparency and thorough documentation because that results in a level playing field for everyone, where everyone can be judged solely for their own skill and character as a player. Toxic the MOBA communities may be, they understand that being selfish and keeping backdoors and bugs to themselves will eventually result in tarnished reputations for everyone and the game's demise. The devs of such games also understand that the longevity of their game rests on them taking their game seriously, that half-assed work will be quickly called out, that their playerbase above all wants a playing field that is clear and fair to all and doesn't cater to elitism. After all, what game is there left to play and be won if the game is in ruins and other players have moved on to greener pastures?

#50 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:19 AM

well we do have members of the community trying to get more information out there, like Jaye's updating of the database with the latest equipment. Others also continue to work on the irowiki so there's that at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users