cant connect to server? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

cant connect to server?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Frownz

Frownz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

just downloaded the patch to point Ragnarok to Ragnarok.exe now all of a sudden i cannot connect to the server? wtf is this about?

#2 L0WEN

L0WEN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

I have the same problem. I even tried to do a re-install. Which for some reason really helped my computer with start up speed (prob unrelated)

But I let the patches run and update, I use Ragnarok.exe and eveything is fine up until I login and I cannot connect to the server. Anyone have any ideas about how to get around this, or is Maintenance still going?

#3 Duduz

Duduz

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

Having the same problem...

Any help ?

#4 M82A1

M82A1

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Ygg (soon)

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

I'm having the same issue. I think I read somewhere that servers are under maintenance at the moment, but can't really find any info on it.

EDIT: Found it, here is the link: Wednesday April 6 VIP implementation Maintenance :(

Edited by M82A1, 06 April 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#5 Ingasikilien

Ingasikilien

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

The server has been under maintenance for a couple of hours, that's all ^^

#6 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

theres a maintenance every thursday, today's wont be just a couple of hours, becuase the gms are doinga huge update that involves system changes

#7 Namino

Namino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

theres a maintenance every thursday, today's wont be just a couple of hours, becuase the gms are doinga huge update that involves system changes

Also clever cogs will notice it is Wednesday. >_>

#8 Artyzzle

Artyzzle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

OMG! Creamy Card on Valk! Finally! I don't even care if it costs 100SP. Indulge FTW.

#9 bhong

bhong

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

i still connect to the game.. is the game down or something?

#10 Scias13

Scias13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

i have the same problem they said mantinance was going to end at 8pm but ist already 10pm lolz

#11 L0WEN

L0WEN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

Does anyone know anyone that can connect to the game?

#12 Scias13

Scias13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:23 PM

nobody from my friend list can log in so whats this read only thing? on there instuction i don see anything

#13 Sephiroth301

Sephiroth301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

Anyone know when the servers supposed to be back up i cant get in and cant tell if i did everything right?

#14 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

You need to use the ragnarok.exe client instead of the valkyrie one. It worked for me.

#15 Latio

Latio

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:41 AM

I reinstalled the latest client and patched the Renewal.exe first, then the Ragnarok.exe and RagnarokFree.exe but I'm still getting "Failed to Connect to Server" when I login with the Ragnarok.exe ........

Anyone else having problems logging in?

#16 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

I would strongly recommend trying the manual patch method 1.Download the Manual Patch to your Hard Drive.

http://download.warp...01104061516.zip

1.Download the Manual Patch to your Hard Drive.
2.Navigate to your Ragnarok installation folder,
3.Right click on the folder and make sure "Read-Only" is UN-CHECKED, then apply.
4.Extract the Manual patch into the RO installation folder, allowing it to overwrite files.
5.From now on Run "Ragnarok.exe" to patch and play RO.

Don't forget to update your shortcuts to point to the Ragnarok.exe patch launcher!

In the next week or so a freshly made client will be made available that has VIP and Brasilis included. The small patch size was the reason we didn't make a fresh client yet.

I had the same failed to connect issue when I logged in today, so the manual patch worked best for me.

#17 Latio

Latio

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Oda, I tried the manual patch method before and it also gave the "Failed to Connect to Server" message when I logged in, but i'll try it again.

For step 3 where it says to un-check "Read Only", does a blue filled box for "Read Only" mean I can skip step 3?

Update: did all the steps for the Manual Patch Method and I still get "Failed to Connect to Server" when logging in....

Any other solution to fix this problem? :(

Edited by Latio, 07 April 2011 - 03:17 AM.

#18 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:24 AM

Make sure the read only check box is empty. Try just deleting just the patchclient folder. In additon, some updates can cause antivirus/security programs to not allow the game to connect so you might want to check to see if the game is still an "allowed" program in any security software you have installed...

#19 L0WEN

L0WEN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

i dont have my anti virus or firewall up and running right now. Could be from my router?
I auto-patched. And manually patched. And did the "read-only" uncheck and when i right click and go to run as, Administrator is not there. I think Im the only user on the comp so Im sure I am the admin.

WTF is going on!!?? D:<

If I patch the way they tell me it should just :( work! What's the problem herE??

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

L0WEN, what's your ISP>? We're starting to see reports of CA players not being able to get connected to the game.

#21 L0WEN

L0WEN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

L0WEN, what's your ISP>? We're starting to see reports of CA players not being able to get connected to the game.

Comcast Hi Speed Internet via wireless router to my laptop.

#22 L0WEN

L0WEN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

I shouldnt have to go in and start changing the status of folders on my computer hoping that my OS will debug the problem, or find a loop hole in its own security by doing so to play this game. It worked before, you all shut down the server and made some welcomed changes, but now the no connection to the game. Its not something that the user should have to hunt down on youtube to find out how to do, and turn around and still have it not work. Somewhere along the line ya'll F'd up. And you should fix it. This is your business here.

#23 Latio

Latio

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Make sure the read only check box is empty. Try just deleting just the patchclient folder. In additon, some updates can cause antivirus/security programs to not allow the game to connect so you might want to check to see if the game is still an "allowed" program in any security software you have installed...

Tried/Checked all of the above and Im still getting the same login problems...

#24 kmarr4

kmarr4

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Ya, nothing seems to be working for me either. I dont see why we should have to re-route the package to get it to work. Hasnt this game been around long enough that admins should be the ones fixing things?

Please help!

#25 Callie

Callie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

I had no problems logging in and playing at 1-3am PST. Now I can't get on at all. =/

It's not just that people are forgetting to patch/move to ragnarok.exe. Mine patched fine, but I can't connect to server select.

And I'm in SoCal using TimeWarner Cable as a provider.

Edited by Callie, 07 April 2011 - 12:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users