#1 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

Being one of the only dual raiders on Leonis who still enter Union Wars next to MacePwndU, tought i'd sum up all the suggestions to improve dual raiders in terms of war.

First of all, the possibility of making hybrid raiders like in the past and opening up the raider tree for diverse skill builds ( just like soldiers ). I think this could be benefitial for both katars AND duals.
+ I remember Phish mentioning this a few months ago and I'd like to bring that subject up again.

Weapon Req Melee Tree

All skills should be made available for both katar and dual, but my main concern here are these 2:

- Stealth
- Mirror Phantasm

In war, every single raider can buff up with Mirror, but you'll never see any dual running around in stealth. This is also one of the( if not the main ) drawback that makes people pick katar over dual in UW.

Weapon Req Raider Tree

Here it gets a little more complicated, Phish suggests that all skills except for Evasive and Cloak should be made available for both sides. I think the Flame Slash and Freezing Assault should stay katar/dual only as a secundary " unique " skill to the class. Wich means in one way or another that Phoenix Slash should be inferior enough to Flame Slash for katars to rly want this skill. ( And duals not having both the strongest Freeze and Burn).

Again the burns need to be reviewed, and it's a little complicated here as a small skill change could effect ones build/preference drastically. But for the wellbeing of hybrid raiders, consider opening up the skill tree.

Base aspeed of dual weapons.

When comparing damage over time between duals and katars, you need ALOT of AP for duals to take the upper hand. Maybe making dual weapons base speed +1 instead of 0 and leaving katars at +2 could make their damage output a little more balanced. Besides that duals should still focuss on AP and Katars should get the best Aspd selfbuff. Like 50 % orso.

Focussed Impact

Seriously. Why do we need to max this never-used skill that seems to split katar from dual by standing in the middle of the Hawker Tree like some random road-split in the middle of the Arizona desert.

If the weapon req's will be removed, you could discard this skill aswell, as we'll already suffer from a lack of SP anyway.

Freezing Assault

Great potential/one of a kind skill for duals. The one thing that bugs me is that it only seems to affect Melee attacks, skill spammers and non-katars dont seem to suffer under the 80 % aspd down effect at all.
- Make it also slow down skills
- Increase cooldown
OR
- Lower the Aspd down from 80 % to 50-60 %

Evasive Guard

Alot of suggestions have alrdy been posted for this skill, and I pretty much agree with all of them. The loss of both Defence and Dodge buff ( after using this skill ) is simply ridiculous in a war situation.

Evasive Guard: New buffs. Change to 20% additional dodge and 15% additional defense. (This will not override the current buffs). The cooldown can even be increased by 10-15 seconds so that you have to decide when will be the best time to use it.

+1

Debuffs

Enfeeblement end Mental Storm's are great assets to help us tank or even escape -as we lack stealth-, the only problem is their waaaaaaaaaaay too long cooldown. While champs can spam debuffs like hell.

-Decrease cooldown.

Spiral Kick/Circle Break

This is more a pvm related issue, what we have here are 2 non-status effecting skills with the same cooldown with one of them being a little " stronger ". If duals were rly meant to be the pvm equivalent of hawkers, then this just hits the nail of idiocy.
- Separate cooldowns.

Links to other hawker/dual related suggestions:

Sprint and Rapid Twitch by Albe
Dual Aoe cooldown by Paulera
Hawker suggestions by Phish
Suggestion list by BlietzKrieg

Amen.

Edited by SilverBlood, 26 June 2011 - 05:05 PM.

#2 reAseu

reAseu

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Finally someone with brain

#3 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

Alot of people in this community have way more game experience and knowledge than I do, but their opinions don't always reach the devs ears.
And that is a shame.

#4 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Agreed...I just fear this is going to be another waste of time. :\

#5 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

Mirror Phantasm and Stealth should definitely be moved to Common skill tree, it makes thing easier for sure. But please don't nerf freezing assault, it's the coolest skill for Dual Swords raiders. I always have a dual swords raiders but the skill animation of bloody assault is wayyyyyy to slow and they only have 5 active attack skills, mystic knife, sucker punch, phoenix slash, bloody assault, freezing assault, so I suggest they should make quick-style assault a reliable weapon attack too.

#6 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

Being one of the only dual raiders on Leonis who still enter Union Wars next to MacePwndU, tought i'd sum up all the suggestions to improve dual raiders in terms of war.
you'll never see any dual running around in stealth.

Apparently you've never seen me play, probably because of stealth. Frankly I don't see what yet another post on dual raiders will do since the gms have ignored the last dozen or so.

#7 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Apparently you've never seen me play, probably because of stealth. Frankly I don't see what yet another post on dual raiders will do since the gms have ignored the last dozen or so.

Yea, I'm fearing they'll ignore it like the rest. But atleast you can't say we didnt try...right.

Edited by SilverBlood, 19 June 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#8 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

+10
It's really already time to get Dual Raiders a more usefull class.
(althought sometimes is kinda cool to be a "unique" class.

#9 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

If they do make some changes, I dont mind playing dual because I have like duals a long time ago but it is so terrible that it just cant be "enjoyed". With the new stat system for dual is also horrible and kind of dull. Why? Because Dex and Dodge is the combination of the Raider class with low defense and avoid hit is their only defense, yet still quick and swift to kill your opponent. When it come to dual raider, your main stat for AP would be Str so in another word it has lost the ability to dodge and give you more def and HP = "half raider/half soldier" that cant dodge well and cant tank well.

I dont think skill changes will actually effect Dual that much, it will effect Katar more if they remove the weapon specification. By helping Katar, I mean give more advantage.

#10 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

Thats right, as both said, DEX should give the 0.55AP instead of STR.

#11 bambam010

bambam010

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Locationbehind you
  • Server:leonis

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

I like tht idea and in my own opinion i think dual raider weapons should be different.Personally i think they are to long like the epics there way to long if u ask me.there weapon should be like daggers and then increase there atk speed tht would make uhm even more beast

Edited by bambam010, 20 June 2011 - 09:07 AM.

#12 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

I like tht idea and in my own opinion i think dual raider weapons should be different.Personally i think they are to long like the epics there way to long if u ask me.there weapon should be like daggers and then increase there atk speed tht would make uhm even more beast

Thats the defention of a katar xD.

When comparing damage over time between duals and katars, you need ALOT of AP for duals to take the upper hand. Maybe making dual weapons base speed +1 instead of 0 and leaving katars at +2 could make their damage output a little more balanced. Besides that duals should still focuss on AP and Katars should get the best Aspd selfbuff. Like 50 % orso.

Wheres the pegasus test server when you need it...

Edited by SilverBlood, 21 June 2011 - 03:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users