• Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:09 AM

POPULAR

The information below excludes the following from being taken into account
1. Event start/end patches only pertaining to the Event
2. Bug fixes are not considered as I'm looking directly Content in both Game and IM
3. Client updates and post's about Item Mall Sales, Events, Sale and or Event continuation were all not included.
what little info there was on

Years 2005-2006
Spoiler

Years 2006-2007
Spoiler

Years 2007-2008
Spoiler

Years 2008-2009
Spoiler

Years 2009-2010
Spoiler

Year 2011
Spoiler

So here's the statistics after I've reviewed everything

Year 2006-2007 :12 total updates with content and not pertaining to Bugs, and Events.
Game content patches : 7 patches included Game Content [58.33%]
Item Mall Patches : 6 patches included Item Mall [50.00%]

Year 2007-2008 :32 total updates with content and not pertaining to Bugs, and Events.
Game content patches : 30 patches included Game Content [93.75%]
Item Mall Patches : 11 patches included Item Mall [34.38%]

Year 2008-2009 :50 total updates with content and not pertaining to Bugs, and Events.
Game content patches : 30 patches included Game Content [60.00%]
Item Mall Patches : 37 patches included Item Mall [74.00%]

Year 2009-2010 [ending on 07/21/2010] 29 total updates with content and not pertaining stricly to Bugs, and Event.
Game Content Patches : 22 patches included Game content [75.86%]
Item Mall Patches : 27 patches included Item Mall [93.10%]

Year 2011 :14 total updates with content and not pertaining to Bugs, adn Events
game content patches :11 patches include Game Content [78.57%]
item mall patches :13 patches include Item Mall Content [92.85%]

So next time someone says to me that Theres enough content just think I havnt included the last YEAR worth of updates and EVERYONE knows that its been an IM-fest for this last year.

Also I'm going through and deleting all of my item submission threads, If i felt like designing items to be told they're impossible because they dont fit, and a couple months/weeks later see decepticon suits, its pointless. Id rather send them elsewhere where i'll get recognition for my efforts, and be rewarded be having a part of my work in a game.
Not something close, or inspired by, my design.

Btw this did take 4 hours to put together, read the update notes, and organise neatly, i sincerely want this game to flourish and not end up a stick in the mud. and +1 if you got um cause this was mind boggling xD

Edited by Feuer, 08 July 2011 - 07:14 PM.

#2 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

Interesting.

#3 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:14 AM

2007-2008 whas a pretty good year actually
but 2010-2011 O MY :waddle:
INSANE MANY IM

Edited by iRon, 08 July 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#4 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

Looks like item mall mainly started around the area of when the stock market crashed in the U.S.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

Yes i can't imagine the amount of IM patch note's i'd find except they dont stick around, they get stickied, then removed. I don't have access to them or I would have finished this report all the way up to this last tuesdays update. I'm rather disturbed to think of what the 2010-2011 table would look like. Especially after seeing that year 2009-2010 was continueing on a 93% IM patch rate.

#6 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:28 AM

Feuer, there is a patch notes archive thread. It has the most recent updates of patches for 2010 - 2011.

Amazing work you have done here.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hmm ty Dusk ill look for those in a bit and see if i cant update this even more, I was concidering making an actual chart to visual display the info more clearly.

edit

i found it, Ill start the updating in a minute after a cig, this should be another good 30-40mins of work

also noticed and unfortunately it is, is that the remainder of the 2010 calender year is lost, so that data will be inconclusive or just remain based on the 7 months of notes i have

Edited by Feuer, 08 July 2011 - 05:36 AM.

#8 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:42 AM

well done! i hope they will listen to u!

#9 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:46 AM

Yeah I understand.

I posted ASAP before any more potential data would be lost from new patches.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

Updated with this years data added to the list.

#11 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

Good job good job I like to read summary, there would be one day that they finally run out of item mall ideas that they only will have to make costumes to make money which is what we wanted, we still have durability repair hammer, gem protection rune, invisible back item yet to come.

But to be honest, nothing lives forever, and we are not allowed to discuss the life span of ROSE, right now Draconis is a good example we can look at...

#12 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

gem protection rune.

Dammit, I been thinking of what to name it when I put the suggestion into suggestions, and you hit the nail on the hammer with a sarcastic comment :waddle:

(/sarcarsum, kinda)

#13 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Ah that must have been time consuming to gather that information. But I'm not surprised (90%+ IM related updates is just excessive).

#14 Hitman2506

Hitman2506

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUSA!
  • Server:Leonis FTW

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

dont feel like reading all of those :waddle:

#15 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

this pretty sums it all up = gravity greedy basturds.

#16 Icrafttofu

Icrafttofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

seeing this and also a lot of free loaders who have never even paid a single penny towards monthly subscriptions. The main reason why there was a huge boost in item mall items through out the last 2 years is because of the fact that, the item mall is their only source if income. Also, seeing most of the faces around lately, I bet 95% of the people complaining in this thread or 95% of the rose population would quit if they were charged a monthly subscription.

#17 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

seeing this and also a lot of free loaders who have never even paid a single penny towards monthly subscriptions. The main reason why there was a huge boost in item mall items through out the last 2 years is because of the fact that, the item mall is their only source if income. Also, seeing most of the faces around lately, I bet 95% of the people complaining in this thread or 95% of the rose population would quit if they were charged a monthly subscription.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. Take a look around town, people are buying the low quality item mall CRAP just as fast as the developers can churn it out. A TON of people buy item mall points second hand with zulie as well...the 93% item mall content also is comprised of much bigger updates. The free content changes for the most part are tiny compared to the item mall ones that we get every other week. The last significant free content added to this game was epic weapons what 5 months ago? Epic weapons that are so hard to get now that most people don't even try to get them. Every other "update" has been reused content from before. I wonder if his stats take reused content into consideration?

Year 2009-2010 [ending on 07/21/2010] 29 total updates with content and not pertaining stricly to Bugs, and Event.
Game Content Patches : 22 patches included Game content [75.86%]
Item Mall Patches : 27 patches included Item Mall [93.10%]

Year 2011 :14 total updates with content and not pertaining to Bugs, adn Events
game content patches :11 patches include Game Content [78.57%]
item mall patches :13 patches include Item Mall Content [92.85%]

So next time someone says to me that Theres enough content just think I havnt included the last YEAR worth of updates and EVERYONE knows that its been an IM-fest for this last year.
[/size]

Btw this did take 4 hours to put together, read the update notes, and organise neatly, i sincerely want this game to flourish and not end up a stick in the mud. and +1 if you got um cause this was mind boggling xD

Now you know why i'm ranting like crazy about it...93% item mall? Are you KIDDING me?

That's right rose developers...your "free rose ninja content team" doesn't seem to be doing much free rose content. Maybe they're union rose content programmers and as such do not need to program nearly as much as the non union item mall content programmers?

Edited by LadyPsyber, 08 July 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#18 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

you're a little bit right.
if the game gets pay2play again alot of people would quit.
all of the IM money is there source of money.
but only making new item mall items is not a good idea.
i'm sure that the development can fix buxs aswell.

This is why there is to much IM !!
the most important about there income is IM
so they need to make money with that.
not many people are playing R.O.S.E evolution
that's why they need more money to keep this game running.
The same people will buy COOL IM stuff every time.
they seriously need to make more campaign and commercials of R.O.S.E (i do not mean TV commercials)
they need to promote it .. so people will try this game and probably like it.
so more people would pay for IM. and developers don't have to make to much IM stuff.

(i understand if you don't get this with what i'm saying) im from holland so explaining is pretty hard for me xD

Edited by iRon, 08 July 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#19 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

...I wonder if his stats take reused content into consideration?[/size][/b]

Yes I did take into account updates to content already existing, and revamped/edited content already existing, this consisted of roughly 68% of the total updates for game content i read.

As for IM being the only source of income you are right and wrong at the same time

IM is the main source, where as they also had received monthly subscriptions from the Gravity Companies ownership of Ragnarok until recently. ALL of the money Gravity makes in whole from all game titles is divied among all of the game teams developers and staff. ROSE only makes up part of this income.

Also with the ability for users to take surveys for IM/WarpPortal points, they make more profit then you'd initially comprehend. They're not dumb, they're lazy, but they are making money, and good money at that.
Heres a post where Gravity was promoting a position of employment for their staff.
Benefits include
competitive salaries typically meaning not minimum wage [they're based in California Bay Area where minimum wage is 8.00/hour]
Dental
Health insurance,
Paid Vacation,
Sick and Personal days,
Term Life Insurance,
Disability Insurance,
401K,
advancement opportunities and much more.

I didn't even get these types of benefits working FOR A PHARMACY!

you tell me they don't/didn't already make enough money..

Good job good job I like to read summary, there would be one day that they finally run out of item mall ideas that they only will have to make costumes to make money which is what we wanted, we still have durability repair hammer, gem protection rune, invisible back item yet to come.

But to be honest, nothing lives forever, and we are not allowed to discuss the life span of ROSE, right now Draconis is a good example we can look at...

that I believe is a terrible rule seeing as it's our personal concern over a game some of us pay to play. However this topic isn't at allabout the life span of ROSE, its about the content they've provided since it's been alive*

Edited by Feuer, 08 July 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#20 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

I hope they will listen to this or shall atleast read this

#21 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

bet there all thinking "There on to us!"

#22 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

I guarentee that zeppelin will not post in this thread.

(maybe this will make him prove me wrong!)

(Not! The devs hide from anything against them)

*Hides*

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

I guarantee they won't post on either mine for LP's thread about this, the only person who might* post are the moderators telling us how every statement we've made was ill composed and contained no factuality, and that we're just upset. Even might go as far as to say there's no problem with the way things are, could you expect anything less from the team tho?

They can hide, but they can't run from the fact that a huge portion of the community is very agitated, people have indeed left ROSE, and will continue to do so until there's only a shred of the original thriving populous they had prior to these pointless autobot updates.
[note i used autobot update and its just the latest evidence in an ongoing series of events that lead to this point, it neither is the "straw that broke the camels back" for myself or is in anyway the "entire" reason why these post's are being made]

There's clearly a problem, if there wasn;t this wouldn't be such a huge deal, it'd be a few people upset that they don't have money to buy the IM CRAP that's been being released.

I have paid a monthly subscrip for this game, and back then it was worth it. Today, i wouldn't pay for it at all. Not with this type of behavior, the community in a fluster and game content updates at best are bug fixes and revamping.

Edited by Feuer, 08 July 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#24 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

On second thought id much appreciate to hear how the development team thinks about this subject, even if it's vague I just want to know they see this and have something in the works to calm the mood, I truly love this game as I've played it since I started online gaming. I don't want to see it fizzle..

#25 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Wow this must of taken some time to put together but now you have put it like this it makes me look at this game totally different. I knew alot of the patches contained IM but its amazing to see how over the years its just got more ridiculous! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users