November 15, Patch Notes - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 15, Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Patch Notes for November 15.

• Double Drops Event ends
  • We will add 2 more VIP food ingredient hunt quests to the Chef in Eden Group
    IceTitans hunt 200 to get 10 Cold Ice
    GroundPetite hunt 200 to get 8 Petite's Tail
  • Leaf Cat Pet Food, "Blue Backed Fish" will be re-added to the Pet Groomers
  • Cracked Buckler will be sellable to NPC for 0 zeny, if you have one left you may want to dispose of it.
  • Minion of Morroc Doll hat will have its +9 effect upgraded to use lvl 3 Critical Wounds rather than level 2.
    Also if +9 or higher a chance to cast 5x5 Bleeding when you are attacking.
  • Black Devil Mask will become Vend/Tradable
  • New Turnins.
    90-110 Veins Field 3

-Muscipular
    -Magmaring 115-130 Abyss Lake -Ferus -Bewler 135+ Thor Volcano 3 -Kasa -Salamander
  • Merry Badger will be significantly updating her trade in and prize giving values. (with what was posted last week)
    2 = 10x "KVM Badge"
    2 = 10x "Bravery"
    2 = 10x "Valor"
    5 = 5x "Medium Life Potion"
    5 = 5x "Life Insurance"
    5 = 5x "Token Of Siegfried"
    7 = 1x "Job Battle Manual"
    8 = 1x "Reset Stone"
    Gramps will give 2 Eden Merit Badges per quest instead of 1.
  • Updating some foods names.
    Wug Blood Cocktail -> Warg Blood Cocktail
    Drocera Herb Stew -> Drosera Herb Stew
    Petti Tail Noodle -> Petite Tail Noodles Petti Tail -> Petite�??s Tail
  • Green Ales and the St patricks hat are getting updated in the next 2 weeks, they will remain that way until March 2012. We are making these changes to bring them into parity with other game items and to remove exploitability for profit from them. Green Ales were originally intended to be a parity of the Yggdrasil Seed, but due to its weight and exploitable acquisition method many times the number of Green Ales entered the market than the designed items were intended to have. Many players spent much zeny buying them, and a few players made ridiculous fortunes off the exploitive methods. Fixing things like this is always going to negatively impact some players, but making the change and being done with it will allow the imbalance and the "pain" to be over quicker.

Currently:
    Green Ale : 50% heal HP/SP, 25 weight, 10 second reuse timer. Not vendable, tradable to NPC for other goods
    St Patricks Hat : +7 or higher has a low chance to drop a Green Ale on monster killing, Account bound
    15th - 29th
    Green Ale : 50% heal HP/SP, 25 weight, no reuse timer, Vendable
    St Patricks hat : no effect for +7 or higher. Fully Tradable. (Next March its ale effect will return)
    30 -> onward
    Green Ale : 10% HP/SP 5 weight, no reuse timer, Vendable
    St Patrick's Hat : +7 or higher has a low chance of restoring HP/Sp on monster kill.
  • Green Ale : Turn In machine available until December 9th
    1 Green Ale -> 1 Korean Rice Cake (10% HP restore, 1 weight no reuse timer)
    5 Green Ale -> 2 Yggdrasil Seed
    5 Green Ale -> 1 Yggdrasil Berry

For the 22nd through December we are planning Event WoEs. We will be shutting down all castles and setting up special WoE circumstances for all castles. Current Castle holders will lose their castles, but will have them restored after the events are over in January. We are going to have limited realms open during the period, and the circumstances of the WoE posted. When we launch the skill balance is when the event woes will start. Goal is to have 2 realms active at a time. 1 Realm will be event, other one will be normal. We will have more woes than normal in a week, and no "holding" will happen. Instead the reward will be based on holding a castle for longer time during WoE rather than treasure every midnight.

• In General we will have to remove the ability to Guild Recall to keep the limitations intact.
  • Novice only
  • 1st Class only
  • 2nd Class and below only
  • Trans under only
  • 3rd class only
  • Some woes will have the damage reduction modified, and god item function disabled.
The goal is to not only more fully work out the kinks with the upcoming skill balance update, but to also experiment with different timings and conditions of WoE. We will also try to make WoE a longer you hold it the more rewards you get. perhaps like hold for 10 minutes a guild prize is awarded, hold another 10 another reward etc. It may not work but we want to give it a shot. We are shooting still for 14.1 to launch by the 29th, so this event will be a part of that celebration.

#2 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

I just hope you actually get 14.1/balance patch up somewhere to test before shutting normal WoE off...

Edited by Resplendent, 14 November 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#3 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Boxter is still here?
Black Devil Mask not yet tradeable?
Aaaaaawww....

#4 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Is there anyway to make the 'event' woes so that only certain realms have the class restrictions. Problem is if you do not then the majority of long time players (and WoEers) just will not have a character to play especially on a VIP server like Ymir where you cannot just make another account or character for free. We saw this during the last 'event' WoEs and I'm hoping the same issue doesn't arise.

#5 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

In before people are pissed that they traded in thousands of ales for seeds, but wouldn't have if they had known reuse timer would be removed.

But the point was to delete some ales from the game so I guess you got your wish.

#6 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

In before people are pissed that they traded in thousands of ales for seeds, but wouldn't have if they had known reuse timer would be removed.

But the point was to delete some ales from the game so I guess you got your wish.

It's only from the 15-29th though.

#7 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

Yeah actually I guess it doesn't matter. Time to buy some ales for the last two meaningful WOE of pre-balance.

#8 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

Someone just got interested about woe again :B

There should be 2nd class only woes and similar all the time IMO xD

#9 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

Valkyrie WOE is just starting to get fun again, do you really have to take it down if a tentative release date is November 29th? If you don't launch it then, then you will have wasted two weeks or more for people who really look forward to Ragnarok WOE.

#10 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

• Minion of Morroc Doll hat will have its +9 effect upgraded to use lvl 5 Critical Wounds rather than level 2.

Please reconsider this change. Level 5 Critical wound = 100% healing reduction from potions and heals.

#11 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

Sounds OP.

#12 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Can't wait to spread that status effect in WOE

#13 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

Even if we don't launch the 29th, we will be launching these event woes when we 1st put in the skill balance patch. I can't confirm an update date yet due to some technical issues, but I don't want to suddenly spring this on anyone either. Event Woes should be fun for everyone, we will try to have more options available for everyone this year than last year, so no one is exclusively left out. We are still working on the logistics of the event.

Ales would have gotten a reuse timer with the skill balance, even if we decided to do nothing about the ales, they also would gain the weight. They were meant to have 25 weight from my very old write ups regarding them the 3 weight not being updated after the March event was not intended.

Oh and the Morroc Hat, my bad, its lvl 3 Critical Wounds, and gains a 5x5 bleeding effect when attacking.

#14 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

Alright, thanks for the response ^^

#15 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

Green Ale : 10% HP/SP 5 weight, no reuse timer, Vendable and Tradable to NPC for other goods (until December 9th)

what's happening december 9th? wont be vendable or tradeable to npc anymore?

#16 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

what's happening december 9th? wont be vendable or tradeable to npc anymore?

The Trade in NPC will go away.

#17 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

No god items on WoE? JESUS THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.
At least i will be able to experience this one time?

#18 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

more Infos about Patch xP

#19 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Need one point of clarification though : is the first event for valk woe tuesday the 22nd (before maintenance) or Saturday the 26th?

#20 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:53 PM

This is what I call a good patch. Sulfuric approved! :bang:

#21 Areitus

Areitus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

The Green Ale thing is 100% stupid. Why should legit people who didn't exploit anything have to pay for the illigit people? I hunted my green ales during the event for a long freaking time and the only thing I use them for is PVM leveling. It's the only sp items I have access to, so people will have to buy Kafra shop blues now, aka gravity just wants to leech more money off of us players. And now good legit players who worked diligently to hunt their own items and spent a lot of their own time get the punishment for a few jerks? Really Gravity, Why don't you just change the hat's effect and make ales not useable on WOE maps or something. Game's already broken as hell right? Why not piss everyone on the server off too. Just another unsatisfied customer.

#22 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

omg. Now I will need to get a lot of archers/acos/dancers made.

I hope on the "2nd class" thing they allow baby classes, or else I will need to make another dancer D:

Or I can give any use to my level 98 linker.

I really want more info about those event WOEs. Please keep us updated with this <3

@Ales:

Will the drama FINALLY end?

#23 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

please tell me how a novice or first class woe will help test kinks of the update. i am not saying it won't be amusing or fun, just dont see a point in doing that in regards to testing

Edited by Andini, 14 November 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#24 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

by the time the change ale there will be event woes, so prolly people that use woe as a reason prolly would not matter, but for pvm is a Q_Q for some ppl

#25 Grimnoir

Grimnoir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

How much hp/sp is St. Patty Hat going to recover at +7 and above?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users