Hundred Spear.. dmg ? strength ? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hundred Spear.. dmg ? strength ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dreoz

Dreoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hey, i got into level 123... and im sick of my 2handed build .. even though IB is nice..

I can't afford myself to test... so... what is the formula of hundred spears ?

does str effect and how much ?

does weight effect ?

also, what recommand build if i want to go hundred spear + dragon breath ?

i heared with str and without str it does the same dmg... ld m
at first i though about
80str, 80 int, 80vit, 80dex..
but after asking around i been told to do 1~30str... and HS dmg will be same...

also.. what is the best set of spears i need to collect ?

thanks.

p.s - also how much INT is requed for DB ?

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Some builds on this link --> http://forums.warppo...t-build-guides/

Formulas for post-balance here --> https://docs.google....x6nQJuT3ESHuTMo

Exact formula for hundred spears taken from the doc:

Hundred Spear

Variable Cast Time: (1.1 - 0.1 * Skill Level) seconds
Fixed Cast Time: None
Skill re-use Delay: 3 seconds
Global Skill Delay: 0.5 second
Spear Boomerang Activation Chance: (10 + 3 * Skill Level) %
Damage = ATK [{(600 + (Skill Level x 80) + (1000 - Weight of the Spear)} x (1 + [(Caster’s Base Level - 100) / 200])] %
*** If the spear’s weight is over 1,000, it will be set to 1,000 in the calculation.
Bonus damage: (Clashing Spiral skill level x ATK 50%).

Strength does influence damage quite a bit, as damage is a multiplier of ATK and STR is the most important stat for that. Most people will go at least 80-100 strength for it. Hundred Spears is the opposite of Clashing Spiral in that a lower weight weapon will give more damage, so a Glorious Spear, Gungnir (double slotted), Eden Spear with the low / 0 weight is best for it. I have found that Hunting Spear still does average damage with Hundred Spears though due to the high weapon ATK despite its extremely high weight, so if you have one, test it out and see what gives the most damage.

If you are going DB/HS build, a pretty straightforward thing to do would be at least 90 str, 90 int, 90 vit, 90 dex. If you have a heroic backpack, the bonuses are quite good with the 90 base stat. Add more where you see fit, and perhaps add a little luck (maybe 30 or so) since luck will give you a bit of ATK and HIT and it does not cost a lot of points adding luck from 1 to 30.

I would probably recommend adding at least 80-90 INT for DB.

Edited by kasshin, 26 March 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#3 Dreoz

Dreoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

thanks, i used these links very helpfull... now im facing another problem which is... places i can level using DB...

and maximazing HS dmg... weapon ? cards ? uhm..

.. it that only me think like that or... RK is underpowered compare to others...?

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

RK is more of a tank class so naturally the damage would not be as good as, say, a ranger. Crush strike and storm blast are quite strong but those are mainly used in WoE since they are rune skills and are quite costly. Anything weak to fire is a good place to level with DB... tatachos, bradium golems, scarabs. DB won't really do too much damage until after level 120-130 and you will need HP/SP increasing equips to boost the damage too.

Glorious spear, eden spear with the two enchants, gungnir are all good for HS damage. Hunting spear actually seems to be okay too despite its high weight, most likely due to its high attack. You may find doing the gramps turn ins will give you more exp for a while compared to soloing.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

and maximazing HS dmg... weapon ? cards ? uhm..

.. it that only me think like that or... RK is underpowered compare to others...?

HS is ranged, so use archer skel cards where appropriate.

Maximize HS damage using the KVM spear in PVP (and outside of PVP assuming you have it decently upgraded), or 2x kingbird gungnir outside of PVP, kingbird longhorn vs shadow/undead.

Use Mora Set for +50% hs damage, and get gloomy shyness to boost it further when this is appropriate. Lots of people drop in 1 or 2 shots to HS in WoE, it's a really good skill (and for things that HS won't drop, you pop a crush strike rune and poke them and they die. Low HP and shieldless things almost always die to HS, and hardly anything lives a crush strike)

RK is not underpowered by any means.

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 March 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#6 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

VIT/SPEAR RK is not underpowered by any means.

ok

VIT/ SPEAR RK is more of a tank class so naturally the damage would not be as good as, say, a ranger.

OK, But what about the agi rks? The class that would be offensive is nothing compared to these two.

Edited by SirDouglas, 31 March 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#7 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Agi RKs are pretty much a novelty build. Granted poking at things one at a time in a big group was how the game designers seemed to have wanted people to do, it's not exactly useful. Would have been viable if the game wasn't so full of aoe skills that 1-2 shot, but that's in a different parallel universe.

#8 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm currently dying in one hit against these powerfull ranged/magic attacks (using shield, hagalaz rune and peuz set). The only hope is the bellum claymore and siege set. Perhaps using these equipments give time to use healing itens.

Edited by SirDouglas, 01 April 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#9 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

i'm wondering what about HS with agility at 81 is that by any means viable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users