IP restrictions of Game Arena - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

IP restrictions of Game Arena

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:15 AM

Dear Rosarians,

This topic is about the dual usage of the game arena. As we all know and experienced it is not possible to play on the same team if the same IP is used. This struggles with the playability of friends, families and couples that live together and have one connection to the internet.

There have been some discussions about this topic, this topic is made to gather all opinions, ideas and comments to show Gravity that we are actively looking for a solution.

The Goal
Together we can make this work. I’m sure there are plenty of possibilities/ideas to show Gravity and convince them to change the IP restrictions.

Ticket send to support team
In order to get attention from Gravity we’ve send in a ticket, read the ticket below.
Spoiler

Reply from the support team
Read below the reply we received from the support team.
Spoiler

Another thing you can do to have your voice as well as the voice of other players heard regarding this topic is create a forum post. The development team are always updated with the posts on the forums. Posting on the forums will allow them to see your needs as well as the needs of others who wish for the same thing.

What we want
We would like to, somehow, be able to enjoy game arena whilst we fight on the same team and not against each other.

Your input is required!
Please like and reply to this topic below. Comments are welcome as well as ideas and opinions.

On behalf of myself, my girlfriend, brothers and fellow Rosarians, thank you in advance and please support!

Edited by nikst3r, 16 May 2012 - 06:12 AM.

#2 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

I totally agree, and so does my wife!

#3 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Considering the fact that mmorpgs often end up as some sort of social gaming--I fully support this. Not to mention not being able to play on the same team as a real-life friend, family member, significant other seriously lessens the pool of players we have--which, in case they haven't noticed, is dwindling(although I am sure having to keep reducing the number of players necessary for crystal defenders to start..makes them well aware).

I definitely support them fixing this as its a flaw in the game design.

I don't know how Rose/Gravity feels about it--or if it works with the game, but have you guys considered setting up proxies?

#4 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

I am hoping a better solution to whats in place right now can be found. Although, i get the feeling that this is it.
Its sucks to not be able to enjoy a feature of the game as a team. So much so, that i have not even ventured to GA.
I have no intention whatsoever to place myself onto the opposing team.
Just because, I may want to kill him in RL....does not necessarily mean i want to kill him in the game :s

This is the only Online game, that i have ever played, where playing in the same household is not welcomed.
I read comments about fair play and balance. Sounds great, lets go for that...but at what cost? As a player im feeling very alienated.
If someone had of told me a few years ago, that playing under the same roof, as your nearest and dearest, would come to this, I would have never have believed it.

#5 bl4ckm4ge9

bl4ckm4ge9

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationunderworld

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Make this happen.. I strongly support this!! Full thrust for approval :no1: This is a 2-birds-on-1-stone hit cause accompanying this was the revival of glory of buffsets! :ho:

Edited by bl4ckm4ge9, 16 May 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#6 JordanX

JordanX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

i support this, but it would totally suck if this would cause a 100 people afk/leeching
many people will bring their own support cleric to buff themselves, and let it be afk the whole time while someone else could have taken that spot and actually used it

#7 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

Well you don't really get anything from leeching in arena so I totally support this =)
Could be a somewhat try-out first? Cause it's really boring to play alone when ya fokes meet up to play together.

#8 soggycereal

soggycereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well you don't really get anything from leeching

and botting?

#9 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

and botting?

Unless you have a professional bot that can think on it's own and go with the changes of environment (moving to next crystal, getting back to the field when the character died for example), I doubt botting will give you a lot of points.

#10 soggycereal

soggycereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

easy.
play cleric, bot soldiers aoe on crystal. bringing it back after death is easy

this is for defending idk about atking ill leave it up to the botters to think of something

Edited by soggycereal, 17 May 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Cleric gets killed cause it's a cleric, they always get hit, and soldier that is botting gets focused and dies (since you can clearly tell it's botting, or the people playing are stupid).

Even though the community makes me want to facepalm myself at times, they're not stupid enough to get fooled by a bot.

Edited by jerremy, 17 May 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#12 soggycereal

soggycereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

mmm when ur standing under a crystal along with 15 other ppl i dont think its so easy to spot and with a decent cleric (at times there will be 3 other clerics with u) u should be able to take a few hits along with a good team u should be just fine. point is it can work, ofc not everytime but u'll be getting more points then u normally would

#13 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

You can set it off, but the chance you'll have a good war to get points in is quite low. Besides, most people stay away from crystal proximity when they see people constantly aoeing there. If aoeing wasn't as visible it would be easy to do.

#14 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

Well did you bot so far?
And let's be honest with it, how much points did you gain?
People should test bot without cheating (go and play) to see if it's possible to get more then 10 points from it (otherwise botting is quite useless).

Impressive bots if you succeed.
Less arguments with proof by the things that got stated.

#15 soggycereal

soggycereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

it cant be tested cuz ip restriction the purpose is to have the cleric to heal the soldier so u main cleric getting lets say 60 pts along with ur 10 while we're at it lets add the 60 pts from the quests fight for victory and inflicted wounds (winning a game and doing damage) i could be wrong but i think theres another for getting assist within the proximity of the crystal but we'll just leave that one out cuz im not sure
i have never botted so being honest i got 0 points
take off dual clients, lift IP restriction- problem solved

#16 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

What about folks with more than one computer in the same house? I used to use two computers side by side before dual clienting was enabled in Rose so I could do Clan Wars and things like that. This is how people did things that they now do with dual clienting presently.

#17 soggycereal

soggycereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

What about folks with more than one computer in the same house?

As for me im ok with this, not everyone has 2 computers side by side and if you do or are willing to spend the money then more power to you. Gravity wants players to explore the rose world and have it become less of a grind, yet you have people that bot champ and cleric together and leave their computer (2-4 days later you have 2 220's). I don't see what good dual client does for the game.

#18 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

Please take in mind that botting is not allowed and if caught you will lose your character including its honor points. Also the daily quest can only be done once a day so it shouldn't cover the risk of dual clienting /ban.

So far i would like to thank everyone for their replies. Please include possible sollutions we've not already came up with in further replies.

The main problem is the inability to use multiple computers to one ip adress in game arena. Possible sollutions:
1. Remove the ip restriction
2. Apply for dual use trough the support center

Discussion points:
1. Abuse by dual clienting, fe clerics/champ benefits and personal buff/ heal cleric
2. Possible abuse we have not yet came up with

Edited by nikst3r, 18 May 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#19 soggycereal

soggycereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

The chances of a botter getting caught is so rare and yes the quest can only be done once a day but my point is that you play cleric get the points that you deserve from playing that class along with the points from the other character whether its 10 or 100 you shouldn't be getting these points and 60 points a day definitely adds up.

#20 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

As i play with my husband in game i am the Cleric, I disagree with the point of removing dual client.

Not eveyone bots!! I dual client to level new chars.
Yes it would be fun to play in game arena with friends family in same house.

How ever, theres always gonna be a risk that botters will ruin it for everyone else.

This is not goin to be resoloved over night, as its a complex situation.

Kind Regards MoMoBuff xD

#21 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

I agree with the OP on this.
However, as previously stated, a "complex issue" like this probably won't have a solution for a while to come. It would be great if me and my missus could play in CD together, and yes, I have stated a few days ago in one of my threads "I will not be doing any more CD's" as my 1st time was not very enjoyable, I feel that playing with someone I know and whom I can chat too ( sitting right next to me / over skype / on vent ect ) would encourage me to join more CD games.

Even with "Applying for dual use trough the support center", there's still no 100% fool proof way of knowing that the people applying for dual use aren't one of the same.

Possible solution for the ip restriction usage:

1.Removal of the ip restriction ( as already posted by nikst3r) along side with this:
Allow the same ip to enter a CD match however a check to be put into place where each player on the same IP must accept one of the Battlemaster Quests and successfully complete it in order to proove they are "Human" whilst in CD.

The quest that has be be taken or order to allow the gaining of "Points" could work like this:

1. Player a. accepts quest from battlemaster
2. Player b. accepts same quest as player a. from battlemaster
3. Quest condition must be met by both persons using the same ip address
4. If quest condition are not met, players are either removed from the current CD match or do not gain ANY points at all.

This might alleviate the thought / use of cheating in a way in which, both players using the same ip address MUST complete the quest that they are assigned to gain ANY points at all, and obviously there is a lot of flexibility in the way of checking quest flags / conditions and if they have been met.

Just my 2 cents :)

#22 soggycereal

soggycereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

As i play with my husband in game i am the Cleric, I disagree with the point of removing dual client.
Not eveyone bots!! I dual client to level new chars.

this is the problem with rose everyone has their own clerics and champs to level which is why a lot of the times you find yourself with out a party unless you also have your own cleric and champ which defeats the purpose of playing an MMO

@ichigo I think botters can get around the having to complete a quest idea because of quests like winning a game or dealing damage. my intent is not to blow your idea out of the water i wish i could think of some way to modify it or come up with my own idea but I really cant as of right now, if I do come across something I'll be sure to post it

also I am in favor of the removal of the IP restriction in case it seemed i was just trying to argue. The only times I'm able to find a game is around 5am-10am so whatever it takes to get more people to join I'm for it(unless it came down to people leeching and botting which would be totally boring of course). Last game I played our only cleric left :sob:

#23 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Do this and I know I'd leave. I support the game because i buy IM and have for many years. Maybe Gravity would rather see money gone in order to accomodate the people who desire to play together in their households but I seriously doubt making this change would increase Gravity profits. That's what the game is about to the Dev's and essentially how they maintain their jobs. Although it's a solution, I agree, I have to admit that I hate this idea.

#24 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

^What rooster said.

People would quit.
This would also, make crafting x10000 more boring, which is already REALLY boring.

#25 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

The day they take off Gameguard is the time ROSE allows dual clienting. And I am pretty sure Gravity will not choose the option to dis-allow dual clienting, because it will make Junon become a ghost town.

They just need to take off the IP restriction, because it's not helping anything but doing harm. Since there is no reason to leech, because you will not get anything from leeching, plus no one will be stupid enough to die under a botting champ, and the only way to get points is botting a cleric healing the crystal, which is the thing I want the GM to change, reducing the threshold point for healing crystal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users