Classic Server opening settings of interest - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

Classic Server opening settings of interest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
615 replies to this topic

#26 Lostie

Lostie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

Stoked!!

#27 Zeddy

Zeddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

so if we pay for VIP we will be able to make 9 characters but at this time no other benefit? what about removing the need for stones at job change?

the rune fly wings...are those the colored ones?

and since i never payed for VIP. is it server wide? or do you have to specify what server to pay for VIP?

#28 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

Would appreciate it if char creation is locked at the start (requires vip to create), because with the current setting the server will be swarmed by bots. Unless you are going to restrict leaving training grounds through the magic stone.

#29 dualcross

dualcross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

restricting character creation will highly deter any people that are on the fence about playing RO from joining, I think the magic stone at 2nd job is a good move to make for the sake of a healthy real player population.

#30 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

so if we pay for VIP we will be able to make 9 characters but at this time no other benefit? what about removing the need for stones at job change?

the rune fly wings...are those the colored ones?

and since i never payed for VIP. is it server wide? or do you have to specify what server to pay for VIP?

You get VIP and any one of your RO accounts has VIP benefits on all servers. Assuming of course VIP is dealt with on this server using the same system it uses on the other servers, which I believe was said to be happening.

I am also still curious about the needing stones to job change for VIP. That is what is currently being done to restrict third class changes on mains if I recall correctly, so I would have expected the same sort of thing to be happening here, but if they are having problems with getting VIP stuff working then that might not be the case.

#31 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Beata, for the launch I need it to be as open as possible, we will be attentive to the low areas to be sure bots get thunked out easier. We have been reallocating resources to allow for this.

For VIP, the problem is the map server just isn't equipped to be able to read if you have VIP or not, I would love it to, but it just isn't available. It is possible later it will be an option, but waiting for a possible that may never come isn't how we get this launched.

#32 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Do you need to use a magic stone for second class job change if you sign up for vip?

What I don't understand is, y'all are against making the classic server f2p because you think it will cut down on interested players -- yet you're still making the players pay to second job change. Still making them pay. If you're still making people pay a dollar, why not do it at the very beginning -- pay to use a magic stone to leave the training grounds. That seems to me like it would cut down on bots entering the world at all, as opposed to worrying about spamming novices and first class bots. And, people would still be using a stone per character, earning Gravity the same amount of money.

#33 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

You get VIP and any one of your RO accounts has VIP benefits on all servers.

Could you give us clarification on this Heim?
I'm fairly sure that is how it will work, but just want to know for sure.

#34 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

Could you give us clarification on this Heim?
I'm fairly sure that is how it will work, but just want to know for sure.

Affirmative, you use your RO account and you can access whatever server you want, VIP works on the account, so VIP for renewal = VIP for Classic.

Admittedly there are mutliple ways of doing this all with drawbacks and advantages. If Bots didn't exist things would be setup differently (more open). If VIP was working 100% in game and character select, VIP would work to skip those hurdles, but as it is we are forced to do both.. It is very possible we may try to give some consideration to those that do have VIP somehow. So they can skip that check, or get a stone credited to them.

#35 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

For VIP, the problem is the map server just isn't equipped to be able to read if you have VIP or not, I would love it to, but it just isn't available. It is possible later it will be an option, but waiting for a possible that may never come isn't how we get this launched.

I somewhat expected that something like this would be the problem xD

If you really wanted to work around the issue, you could have it so whenever you pay for VIP you get 100 KP (enough for one magic stone). That'll give VIP people the stone they need to job change atleast once, and will also provide a nice extra incentive to purchase VIP while server rates aren't being improved by it. But something like that might be more trouble then its worth in the end lol...

#36 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

no wig, not playing.

im assuming VIP will only be needed to be purchesed one time and you will have your characters forever?
(i don't see how it would be possible to create characters that you can have access denied to at a later time)

Edited by fasthands, 27 June 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#37 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

no wig, not playing.

movement speed ??---> Pecopeco Hairband Box

#38 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

movement speed ??---> Pecopeco Hairband Box

ugly and makes ur cast time bad and hide op

Edited by fasthands, 27 June 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#39 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Will the Ygg tree on the way to Niff regain its bounty of delicious herbs?

Will we get back maps that Renewal eliminated, such as the Umbala dungeon?

#40 Zeddy

Zeddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

will we have the renewal GUI? or the classic one?

i'd prefer the new one

#41 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

Sounds really good. I don't have any worries now except for the potential bot problem.

At launch everyone can make 1 character, VIP can make 9 Discuss

I'm still a bit worried about this since it will make it possible for people to bot to until their hearts are content. I don't really think that hoping that it will sort it out itself is a good solution. I do realize that you're at least trying with the requirement to buy a kafra item to be able to change into your second class. But to be honest I think it's too late by then. It would be a lot more realistic if you'd make it so that you have to use a kafra item to change into your first class, since if you let people change into thieves they already have a great class to use to bot on mass scale. You may say that they won't be able to bot higher level locations unless they change to second class, but I don't think that's true either since it just means that they have to get more levels to be able to bot efficiently at those kinds of maps. So I have two proposals that I think could serve as an option to this system.

1. Make magic stones required to change to first class instead of second class. Make people aware that they can use surveys to get WPE to pay.
I don't believe that the magic stone on second class job change system would work. I do believe that it would work, if not at least mitigate the bot problems if you made it so that people have to pay $1 or $2 to change to their first class if they never paid for a VIP subscription. Oda mentioned that the botters will just do surveys but, if you think about it, you'll add just one more obstacle to them and it'll definitely be way better than allowing bots to change to thieves for free.

2. A short trial system to allow one character slot, coupled with the current VIP system on Ymir.
I do realize that a trial system isn't perfect since it will allow tons of bots to bot the lower level maps. But I figure this way it can act as a slight damage control since it's way better than allowing people to just make an infinite number of accounts that never expire. I honestly don't think the magic stone solution is going to help that much in your proposed implementation, and I think a trial system, although it has its problems would work way better. The idea is that people have to pay for at least one VIP subscription to be able to unlock their character slots, and then they can create 9 characters which will remain playable even after the subscription ends. So let's say the VIP subscription costs $5 or $7, that's a trivial sum of money. It's like buying a discounted game on Steam, it's pocket change. If people aren't willing to pay that much to play the game, they won't be profitable customers anyway. I think something like 24-30 hours of gameplay after you activate the trial would be enough. Do note: that I mean played hours, not hours after the trial has been activated. 24-30 hours is enough time for people to experience the game.

Also, a quick question. Will those who have a VIP subscription be able to change jobs without buying a magic stone?

I'm sorry this thread is going to create nothing but problems. The people spending money was a tie to people with Bubble Gum and potential future events with drawings. It will not be a "buy it" scenario. You will NOT crap on this server's positivity I will treat you like a cancer before I allow it. You can crap all over me and the server later IF it is proven anything is actually bad. Too much work has been put into this over the past 2 years to have someone deciding to defame me coming out of the woodwork.

Does this mean that you've spent the last two years planning on making this server? If so, kudos to you!

Edited by Zodiac89, 27 June 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#42 jubss

jubss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

Map gef_fild14 will be available?

#43 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

y no light blue pots?
the list already dictates who ever will pay will lvl faster.

#44 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

I expect that some quests for this server are for earning things like blue herb or something, rather than giant exp chunks.

Well there are all the random NPCs that trade stuff for Red pots and various rates so I don't see anything wrong with expanding this system to include other items. But maybe have it give grapes instead of blues. Grapes are very helpful to nubbies and don't edge into the the blues market.

Cramps will go back to "stupid fast" so FW Mages can learn your role!

Ahahahahaha

VIP?
This is a bit of a weird thing. VIP will exist for setting character creation and access limits. BUT it will not have an ingame effect at this time. So EXP/Drops/Death penalty and storage will be at default rates.
At launch everyone can make 1 character, VIP can make 9 Discuss
Later after it has settle down, the server may change to allow 0 chars by default and only VIP can make and access.
To change jobs to 2nd class will require a Magic Stone now, later 1st class may also require that magic stone too.
Code the redeemer will not exist on the Pre-renewal server, too many items would not work properly from him and I don't want players getting confused if they pick one of those items up.

Okay Idea for you Heim:
Can you make a NPC that allows you to pick up free gifts once a day. Like the start your adventure pack you get when you make a noob. It's full of account bound goodies. Make it work like the daily quen fellow with a timer. So once a day you go pick up account bound battle manuals when you have active VIP. Feasible?

#45 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

Map gef_fild14 will be available?

Yes, no doubt.

They're only removing maps that were implemented after the Einbroch patch. An exception to that would be that they're removing Anubises but not the maps that they normally spawn on.

#46 loveSummer

loveSummer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

will we have the renewal GUI?

this ^

Can you make sure we keep the renewal interface, i can't stand the classic interface anymore, plus, we get a 4th bar :)

So much easier to use too.

Edited by loveSummer, 27 June 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#47 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

Okay Idea for you Heim:
Can you make a NPC that allows you to pick up free gifts once a day. Like the start your adventure pack you get when you make a noob. It's full of account bound goodies. Make it work like the daily quen fellow with a timer. So once a day you go pick up account bound battle manuals when you have active VIP. Feasible?

Unlikely, since he mentioned already that they currently have no way for the game to recognize whether a character has VIP or not once you are past character select.

#48 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

Looks pretty solid to me. I'll just ignore the bot topic because I have stated my opinion so many times by now.

I think you should make VIP a little more appealing. For example, add 500kp to the 30 day plan, 1200 for the 60 day plan and 2k for the 90 day plan. Just giving us more character slots is not a very good reason to pay for VIP.

#49 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Unlikely, since he mentioned already that they currently have no way for the game to recognize whether a character has VIP or not once you are past character select.

Sometimes I fail at reading.

Wait!!!!!!!!
Make VIP a rental item accessory that expires after 30/90/180 days. Better?
But then there is the cross server issue.....bah. I fail again.

#50 afterbreeze

afterbreeze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

Does this mean we're getting pre-Amatsu monster relocation maps (i.e GH Prison without Rybio/Injustice, Clock Tower 4F without rideword/mimics)? Or just the removal of some annoying monster like GH Prison without Hunterfly but Rybio/Injustice is staying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users