Suddenly patching from 2011-4-4 - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Suddenly patching from 2011-4-4

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Topic title was "O_O Patching from April-May 2011" before I merged it -Azzy
Hmm Windows 7. I wonder why this is happening??

It happens sometimes. It's not fully understood why it happens; April 4, 2011 is the first patch listed in the list of patches to apply, so if something bad happens to patch.inf (which contains the number of the most recently applied patch), it will start from the beginning.

It's not clear how this happens.

Merged with other thread which has fix (assuming client has patched successfully after late september, or late august, depending on which file you use).

So, i repatched long ago. And just today i got repatched again from 2011-4-4
:p_sick: :p_sick: :p_sick:

Then you're gonna have to reinstall with latest client download, or let it patch from 2011.

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 November 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#27 Nathenr

Nathenr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Exactly the same problem and AGAIN ! :wall: .. Last time i encountered it around october 21 and now am getting it back .. I fixed it last time by completely reinstalling the game and re-patching it right from 2011 :bang: . Now i have to go through all that again ?? :surrender: .. Is there no fix ?? .. or atleast is there something that is causing this problem ?? .. Like multi-clienting ? .. I dont want to patch fresh again :p_cry: .. Help please ??

This is the last line in patch2.txt "2137 2012-11-6data_gm_desc.gpf" and yes it is not read-only .

Edited by Nathenr, 07 November 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#28 Nathenr

Nathenr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Make a shortcut on your desktop by Right Clicking and select new -> Shortcut.

Location: "C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\Ragexe.exe" -1rag1

or wherever you have it installed obviously....name the short cut what you want, that will get you past the patcher issue, when you need to patch again run Ragnarok.exe...will have to think on why its doing the patch thing other than your patch2.txt doesn't have a patch its needing...i.e. it got corrupted some how.

I tried making a shortcut lik you've said. I made a shortcut for clragexe.exe as i couldnt launch classic server due to this 4-4-2011 patching problem. Works fine now ^_^. But how do i patch in future if the patcher is broken ??. Re-installing is the only way ?? :[

#29 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Uh, for classic, it shouldn't even take that long to patch. Classic has a 4-4-2011 patch, but nothing else from that patch until this summer, so there aren't that many patches to get through, and it should fix itself (for a while at least) after you let it finish patching once.

#30 Nathenr

Nathenr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Uh, for classic, it shouldn't even take that long to patch. Classic has a 4-4-2011 patch, but nothing else from that patch until this summer, so there aren't that many patches to get through, and it should fix itself (for a while at least) after you let it finish patching once.

Patch takes a while, but after the patch completes, the game doesnt launch when i click start. I have to reinstall and patch from first again, only then it works. For now am using that shorcut fix. What if i jus manually download the patches and keep game through this shortcut ??. Or shud i jus reinstall ? :( ... reinstalling isnt a problem. But this is the second time my getting this. Its annoying to reintall again and again in case this repeats. So i think its better to stick to this shortcut "-1rag1" fix.

#31 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Patch takes a while, but after the patch completes, the game doesnt launch when i click start.

OH! Why didn't you say so! This is a completely different issue - I'll bet it's failing to start the client because your antivirus is getting a false positive off the updated client, and killing it before it can display anything on the screen.
What antivirus do you use?

#32 Nathenr

Nathenr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

OH! Why didn't you say so! This is a completely different issue - I'll bet it's failing to start the client because your antivirus is getting a false positive off the updated client, and killing it before it can display anything on the screen.
What antivirus do you use?

No. Actually thats not the issue, Am using avast for a really long time. i have added it to exception list. Game does NOT start ONLY when this 4-4-2011 patch issue occurs. When am playing normally it patches good and game starts without a problem. When i encounter this 4-4-2011 patch problem and if i let it patch from ther and it finishes i click start nothing is happening. I have to reinstall the client and only then it works.

UAC and anti-virus or firewall aint the issue. This 4-4-2011 paching thingy screws it. Reinstalling seems to be the only way. or now that am able to run the game thro that "-1rag1" fix, am thinking if i can patch future patches manually and run the game w/o a problem ?

#33 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Re-check the Avast exceptions after it fails like that - my guess is that when it re-patches from 4-4-2011, it's re-applying the client executable updates, leading to Avast discarding the exception (because the program you added the exception for has been changed - and Avast's false-positive conclusion is that it's been replaced with a virus and Avast needs to stop it from executing).

#34 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Got this problem last night, reinstalled, did mora quests just fine on a few characters excluding genetic, and now am getting this error on my genetic in the center of Prontera:

Spoiler

Effectively, I can't log onto my main. Any ideas how to fix this? >>

#35 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

Try disabling antivirus, try reinstalling microsoft C++ http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5582

#36 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

That did the trick. Thanks Oda~

#37 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Scratch that last post - it worked for my alchemist (though I didn't copy that error, it might have had different content) a couple screens south of my genetic, but not for my genetic. x.x

Slightly different error?
Spoiler

<edit>Two reinstalls and a few restarts seem to have done it >.> Ugh.

Edited by Anchors, 10 November 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#38 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Here are a few patch.inf files that can be used to fix this problem.

You MUST use a file for a date BEFORE the last time you successfully patched, otherwise you'll be missing patches

ONLY USE THIS FIX IF YOUR PATCHER CAN SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOAD PATCHES, BUT JUST STARTS FROM 2011-4-4, AND YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY PATCHED SUCCESSFULLY.

In other situations, using these files can BREAK YOUR CLIENT requiring a FULL REINSTALL

Nov 15: http://www.drazzy.co.../2012-11-15.zip

These files are provided without warranty.
Before deciding to use them, you should be willing to re-install if it somehow breaks things.

It needs to be from someone who has not applied any patches you haven't.

Say you and your friend start up RO. You find that your client is patching from the start, but his client successfully applies a patch. You cannot use his patch.inf now, because he just successfully applied a patch.

#39 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

http://forums.warppo...om-2011-issues/

Hope it helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic