O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion - Page 21 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion

• Please log in to reply
761 replies to this topic

#501 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Hammer is a pretty crap weapon for AB, mainly because of the fact that it's going up against +9~12 weapons...

Refine rate increases both ATK and MATK, so a +12 level 4 weapon, getting 84~196 atk/matk... 

But since AB is effected by both, that's 168~392 refine to +12 for AB... The hammer's 350 atk looks a lot less inspiring next to that. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 January 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#502 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think the post should just sort it by absolute damage rather than "usability". Usability is opinionated and situational. HF is a really good weapon when someone else is tanking. And many people run instances like Endless Tower with a 4+ person party with a dedicated Sura tank, and perhaps rarely solo MVPs. In party situations HF is frequently the best weapon to use.

Also we really have no idea when an enchanted red twin will come. It might not even be here for another 1-2 years. I don't think we should even list future weapons at the top (only at the bottom with a note perhaps).

Edited by kasshin, 06 January 2014 - 10:35 PM.

#503 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, I do have major wording problems, I kept editing some parts without changing the previous ones and would sound very confusing...

So I'll probably add other equips other than weapons into this too, on a separate section, so that some weapons make sense (since it can be dependent on what other things you wear)

#504 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

Okay I changed a bunch of stuff, I'm just testing to see if it's clear or not - if it burn your eyes or you see anything incorrect please tell!

Phew, I also typed up most of the new section (equip combo part). Please tell me if it's confusing or not. For giggles you can skip down to the God Build section xd

Also if you haven't noticed I suck at titles. Please, save me.

Edited by michaeleeli, 08 January 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#505 usernamejl

usernamejl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

+12 RWC Pin + RWC Pendant and Ring is better than +12EMH + 2 Medal of Honor?

Thanks!

#506 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

butter melt 

#507 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

I personally really don't like Hurricane Fury for the simple fact you can't wear GTB while using it.

Since i'm soloing most of the time or doing ET/BBs with a 2 men party (me as a tanker and my friend as killer with gene) and we both have a GTB shield i find a lot more useful 1 handed weapons. Of course with a tanker and in a normal situation (no gtb cards) the killer should deal the highest DPS possible.

But since in this thread were mentioned also GTB and other mvp cards i just wanted to clarify this :D

We were able to finish Endless Tower in less than 2 hours with a sura (level 135) and a genetic (141) without dying thanks to GTBs and painkiller.

Edited by meditation, 08 January 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#508 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

I think HF still deals more than Byeo in terms of pure damage on mediums, may be wrong tho.

Edited by KamiKali, 08 January 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#509 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

With the right EA's yea HF should beat Byeo on mid I am pretty sure

(P.S. make me an adorable pic Kami, I don't feel like ghetto rigging CS5 again :p_hi: )

Edited by Havenn, 08 January 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#510 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, HF will easily beat byeo on medium.

#511 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

I am mostly going to solo mvp. I do have a 150/50 sura tank with good mvp gear but running duel client sucks. I'll probably pop bloody branches with my sura as a tank and do everything else solo. I need to get my homunculus to loyal lol. That is my only MVP weapon as well. No Erde or Byeollungum yet. I'll get those eventually  :heh: 

Should i just slot that Deviling Card in my +9 HBP that I already have or a +9 Fallen Angel Wings EA10?

Should i go Dieter or Sera when i get my pet loyal?

screenChaos003_zpsf5b96655.jpg

Edited by DarkDan, 22 January 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#512 Balthronus

Balthronus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

so RWC Ring+Pendant + RWC Memory Knife [drake card] stacks up where with everything else? and by how much does it fall short? eg Alot or a little?

surely the drake card would be better suited in here than red twin cause RWC mem has more to gain from it % wise

Edited by Balthronus, 24 January 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#513 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

something to keep in mind. Drake only influence wATK, while eATK is not limited to size penalty. For this reason, you should never Drake an RWC knife, as it's wATK is soooooo low.

This is why a Doom Slayer is so strong vs Small, despite it being 50% to small. Since the weapons 340 eATK is not effected by size mod.

#514 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Drake would probably be good in like... hurrcane fury.

#515 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, I think that's the only sensible gen weapon to put drake into.

#516 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, I think that's the only sensible gen weapon to put drake into.

but you lose out so much on large. ._.

#517 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Throw an RWC mace on your sura tank and forget drake card exists lol

#518 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

but you lose out so much on large. ._.

But without it, you lose out on everything that isn't large!

(well, unless you have megs, in which case HF easily wins on med, but that just makes the drake card even more attractive, since the str bonus (the watk*str/200 one) is effected by size penalty...)

#519 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I love your post. ^^ Thank you so much ^^ Michaeleeli  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

#520 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

So, I read all the posts on this topic, but I want to make sure before spending money, a few questions:

AK will cause almost the same damage than AS, its just that the AS will work for more general purposes right?

Erde EA5x2 ASx2, is the second best weapon or at least the best one for soloing? But only while the enchant for RTE is added, or the RTE still is over Erde?

Edited by Cepo, 09 February 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#521 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

AK is for boss grade monsters, so its not as useful for leveling and other things

as such it is much more specialized on really should be taken only after you have a generic weapon to begin with, unless of course you are maxed out at 150/50 and do not need to level anymore and just only mvp. even so it will set you back if you are doing quests as there are quite often monsters you need to kill to get to an mvp instance.

RTE is no enchantable at the moment, but will be in the future, so a +9 up RTE with 3x AS is good as in can be made even better when enchant patch is up

#522 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

can i ask what equips i can use to lvl with FE?? i already read a few topics and in this thread too, but i still can't understand FE much.

i am a baby Gene so i only have FE, i plan on lvling in scaraba w/ it. i was already lvling in scaraba w/ CC, but it takes too long.

especially when they use the skill that reduces my dmg (stone skin??). right now i want to one shot them w/ FE if that's possible.

i read that matk is better w/ FE, but what other gears should i use?? same with my CC equips??

i read that Elemental Sword is better than RTE, and i usually use rwc ring fs3fs2 + my rwc pendant s3s1. should i change ring w/ medal??

if i use e sword, should i stack it with %size/race?? and should i stack on matk instead of atk equips??

also, would using sp leech items like rideword hat be useful?? or should i just stack matk for full dmg. i have pain killer so im fine w/ normal mobs.

i just run w/ queen scaraba and my homun as decoy xD

current CC lvling equips takes scaraba 3shots w/out def buff, more than 5shots w/ buff:

+7 rideword hat of kirin

elven ear of kirin

+9 tgk armor of boitata

+6 resistant vshield

+7 rte 1drac 2as

+9 mystic backpack

+9 dboots eddga

rwc ring str1fs3fs2 g.scaraba

rwc pendant s3s1 phen

thanks.

#523 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

What the heck kind of unbalanced server are you on?! 5 MVP cards, but nothing over +9?! 

The current theory has been that Firex is Acid Bomb, but not effected by +% ranged mods. Everything else is same. (But there's some data that isn't explained by it). 

+% physical effects still work, as do +% matk effects. 

If you're going to be using only half a shield, you might ditch that and use a hurricane fury - the damage will be better, and you'll still have the same meager reduction you'd have from the hodrem (though not the def, but def in renewal sucks). Also, for acid bomb, UPGRADE YOUR WEAPON! Upgrades get counted twice in the AB formula, because they apply to both atk and matk!

I don't remember if RWH works through firex. 

Not sure what the best damage headgear is. If using HF, +% atk/physical is better than +% matk (by about 1.5-2 to 1, depending on your str). I don't know what headgear options are available on your server - headgear varies a lot server to server. 

BUT - you will have a hard time 1-shotting, since it will only be casting level 5 acid bomb (it uses highest level known, or level5 if you don't have it). I don't have a good feel, and I don't feel like running the numbers (DIYFS) for whether this is attainable.

Here's another idea (note - how reasonable this is depends a lot on your servers economy and how filthy rich you are - I'm assuming you're pretty baller from that gear):

Switch to: 2x RWC pend s3s3 (with anything EXCEPT a phen card in it! Probably gold scarabas) - that's 32% cast reduc, then 2x spell 4 on the HF, 52%, +9 3x spell FAW - 82%, then either +9 crown of deceit (if you have it on your server), or +9 KK EMH and DI sunnies. You now have instant cast cart cannon - no need for phen. Go on a rampage spamming CC. decard the drac and put it into your HF if SP is a problem. If you have CoD on your server, you actually have an extra 12% cast reduc like that if you put KK in it, so you could switch out one of the spell enchants on the weapon or FAW for an EA one for more damage. I think this would kill faster than trying to 1-shot with Firex-AB5

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 March 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#524 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

ahaha sry about the upgrades, i just havent gotten to using my upgrade tickets. so i still use my old upgrades.

i cant attain full cast reduc right now since its too expensive in our server. the spell FAW comes only from rewards in events, so far i have only seen 2ppl wearing it.

i also used phen card since i didnt have anything before, i know i wasted my pendant. i currently only have a non carded same spell3-1 on another pendant.

its hard to enchant to spell3-3 since when we remove the enchants everything gets removed. this is all i can afford right now.

we have CoD but it doesnt have the +9 extra effect, so only -10% reduc. and yeah, same with weapons, removing enchant will remove all so s4s4 enchant is way too hard.

thats why i cant go the no cast route. so should i go full atk dmg set or highest cast reduc set i can get my hands on and stick w/ CC??

i have an uncarded +11 RTE if thats better, i can also make it to +12. so i'll use either that and try to get a bigfoot shield or a +9 diligent HF.

thx. i'll try to find out my FE dmg. and whats better for lvling right now.

#525 AIternis

AIternis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

if u put Drake c. in HF how many dmg u will lose? without AK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users