Returning Player 165 Geneticist last played 2018 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning Player 165 Geneticist last played 2018

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 lomskie

lomskie

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2024 - 08:41 PM

I tried to google/search my way what to do next still at lost. I last played i think 2018. I have 400m in zeny and the following gears.

Can you please recommend the next viable Item or thing do to help me level up or progress. Are the items worthless now?  I'm thinking of replacing my weapon first? any advise is appreciated.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

#2 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1313 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 04 June 2024 - 11:40 PM

irowiki geneticist page is actually updated, you can check some options here Geneticist - iRO Wiki

#3 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationParadise
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 June 2024 - 11:41 PM

While I wouldn't say your items are worthless, it will probably be difficult to level in your range without upgrading some things.

What are your stats and what enchants are on your gear that might be relying on those stats? It might be worth doing a full stat/skill reset in Eden Group depending on what gear you pick up that requires certain skills for big bonuses. I would recommend 120 DEX + 120 INT first, then 120 STR + 100 VIT next (if you are one-shotting everything with gear upgrades, get STR maxed before VIT unless you need that survivability), then get AGI for faster skill use.

Some cheaper items to begin boosting your damage output once your stats are set:

• UPPER: Cylinder Hairband is a fine choice for your budget but try to find a safe way to +8 it for 30% more damage.
  • MID: I assume Crow Tengu means you have 120 STR? If you reset or have 120 INT too, you'll eventually want Seraphim Coronet, but since that might blow your entire budget... Guardian Helm is nice and cheap for 10% damage + Curse immunity. Demon's Familiar or the newly released Purified Pigeon might be nice for the stats and should be pretty cheap in a few days.
  • LOWER: Old Camo Scarf or Tyrant of Earth should be cheap and last you til endgame. If not, Lord of Royals is a fine replacement with 120 INT+STR and super cheap.
  • BODY: Since the most worthwhile option is super expensive, your current is OK but see the Grace equips link at end of this post for Grace Cart Cannon Suit.
  • WEAPON: Current is OK but Dragon Slayer's Longsword will be a huge boost, even if only a +7 (can be safely upgraded from cheap certs bought from players) and isn't too expensive right now I think.
  • SHIELD: Current is fine, focus on other items.
  • GARMENT: Assuming there's ranged enchants on your FAW, this is fine for now. Grace Set would be better though.
  • SHOES: Are these for the bonus ATK from 120 STR? Assuming Bear enchant for ring too? Grace Set is better.
  • ACCESSORY 1: If going Grace Set, Ring would take this slot and replace Temporal. Otherwise, see below.
  • ACCESSORY 2: While PDM is good for other classes, it's not super viable for Gene. I would check prices on Paracelsus Glove or the cheaper Chemical GloveMemento Mori or Illegal Chip could be cheap options as well. If not getting Grace stuff, get another or one of the other ones for slot 1.

Also, it may be worth looking into the free (with questing) Grace Gear Set for the Cart Cannon Suit combo to save up for bigger items: https://irowiki.org/...Grace_Equipment (Note that you need to do all the Main Story Quests up to this one to unlock these items/daily quests).

Hope that helps!

#4 lomskie

lomskie

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 12:04 AM

TYVM - This helps a lot. I will work on the following. 

Upgrade weapon, Cylinder Band, quest work leading to Grace set. 

While I wouldn't say your items are worthless, it will probably be difficult to level in your range without upgrading some things.

What are your stats and what enchants are on your gear that might be relying on those stats? It might be worth doing a full stat/skill reset in Eden Group depending on what gear you pick up that requires certain skills for big bonuses. I would recommend 120 DEX + 120 INT first, then 120 STR + 100 VIT next (if you are one-shotting everything with gear upgrades, get STR maxed before VIT unless you need that survivability), then get AGI for faster skill use.

Some cheaper items to begin boosting your damage output once your stats are set:

• UPPER: Cylinder Hairband is a fine choice for your budget but try to find a safe way to +8 it for 30% more damage.
  • MID: I assume Crow Tengu means you have 120 STR? If you reset or have 120 INT too, you'll eventually want Seraphim Coronet, but since that might blow your entire budget... Guardian Helm is nice and cheap for 10% damage + Curse immunity. Demon's Familiar or the newly released Purified Pigeon might be nice for the stats and should be pretty cheap in a few days.
  • LOWER: Old Camo Scarf or Tyrant of Earth should be cheap and last you til endgame. If not, Lord of Royals is a fine replacement with 120 INT+STR and super cheap.
  • BODY: Since the most worthwhile option is super expensive, your current is OK but see the Grace equips link at end of this post for Grace Cart Cannon Suit.
  • WEAPON: Current is OK but Dragon Slayer's Longsword will be a huge boost, even if only a +7 (can be safely upgraded from cheap certs bought from players) and isn't too expensive right now I think.
  • GARMENT: Assuming there's ranged enchants on your FAW, this is fine for now. Grace Set would be better though.
  • SHOES: Are these for the bonus ATK from 120 STR? Assuming Bear enchant for ring too? Grace Set is better.
  • ACCESSORY 1: If going Grace Set, Ring would take this slot and replace Temporal. Otherwise, see below.
  • ACCESSORY 2: While PDM is good for other classes, it's not super viable for Gene. I would check prices on Paracelsus Glove or the cheaper Chemical GloveMemento Mori or Illegal Chip could be cheap options as well. If not getting Grace stuff, get another or one of the other ones for slot 1.

Also, it may be worth looking into the free (with questing) Grace Gear Set for the Cart Cannon Suit combo to save up for bigger items: https://irowiki.org/...Grace_Equipment (Note that you need to do all the Main Story Quests up to this one to unlock these items/daily quests).

Hope that helps!

#5 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 03:31 AM

Hope that helps!

Hello. Will the grace set yield higher damage compared to a set consisting of: 

Illusion Armor Type A + 9

+9 Heroic Backpack

+9 Dex Temporal Boots with Runaway Magic

Temporal Ring

I have 120 Int and Dex 

Also, is dragon slayer's longsword better than saphir hall-OS? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Apiong, 05 June 2024 - 04:37 AM.

#6 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 05 June 2024 - 08:24 AM

Hello. Will the grace set yield higher damage compared to a set consisting of: 

Illusion Armor Type A + 9

+9 Heroic Backpack

+9 Dex Temporal Boots with Runaway Magic

Temporal Ring

I have 120 Int and Dex 

Also, is dragon slayer's longsword better than saphir hall-OS? 

Thanks! 

To be honest, I've never used the Grace Set but the items you listed above are not great (anymore) and you will eventually replace them with better items. If you have those items above, and since Grace gear is "free", you could find out with a test or just grind with what you have until you can afford the better stuff! A quick glance at the Grace set though makes me think it might be better still... and as you continue the main quest there are new "free gears" as you go. The Main Story Quests wikis will lead you on that path and I hear the new Gray Wolf stuff is pretty solid for "free" gear.

Dragon Slayer's Longsword is 200 ATK, +10 STR & INT, and +70% ATK at just +7 (with even bigger bonuses at +11 and +12).

Saphir Hall-OS is 180 ATK, +3% ATK, +20% Cart Cannon (at +9), and +15% Ranged (at +11).

Even with only 1 slot, the Longsword is one of the better weapons in the game honestly, especially with how cheap they are right now.

#7 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 June 2024 - 12:10 PM

To be honest, I've never used the Grace Set but the items you listed above are not great (anymore) and you will eventually replace them with better items. If you have those items above, and since Grace gear is "free", you could find out with a test or just grind with what you have until you can afford the better stuff! A quick glance at the Grace set though makes me think it might be better still... and as you continue the main quest there are new "free gears" as you go. The Main Story Quests wikis will lead you on that path and I hear the new Gray Wolf stuff is pretty solid for "free" gear.

Dragon Slayer's Longsword is 200 ATK, +10 STR & INT, and +70% ATK at just +7 (with even bigger bonuses at +11 and +12).

Saphir Hall-OS is 180 ATK, +3% ATK, +20% Cart Cannon (at +9), and +15% Ranged (at +11).

Even with only 1 slot, the Longsword is one of the better weapons in the game honestly, especially with how cheap they are right now.

Thanks! 

I thought the Gray Wolf stuff are from OCP or Kachua. Yeah, I guess i'll just have to grind the Grace set. 

Oh, how much would you say is a +12 Dragon Slayer's Longsword? 

Also, is there an easy and cheap way to +12 an item? 

I thought Saphir Hall-OS with its enchantments would at least be competitive. 

#8 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 06 June 2024 - 10:51 PM

Thanks! 

I thought the Gray Wolf stuff are from OCP or Kachua. Yeah, I guess i'll just have to grind the Grace set. 

Oh, how much would you say is a +12 Dragon Slayer's Longsword? 

Also, is there an easy and cheap way to +12 an item? 

I thought Saphir Hall-OS with its enchantments would at least be competitive. 

There's a new OCP headgear that buffs a lot of the Gray Wolf stuff, but the equipment/enchantments are all f2p for level 180+ (I think).

I see a +0 DSL for 175m and +11 DSL for 400m on the Prontera Market Board right now... but considering how much more valuable and rare +12 Certs are, I wouldn't be surprised if a +12 DSL went for double that. In fact, I see someone trying to buy a +12 for 950m on the Discord so probably in that range?

There is no cheap way to +12 an item: Getting a +12 Refine Cert (through super rare Advanced Refine Envelopes) or paying someone with one to refine it for you are the easy but expensive ways.

You could also get a +11 DSL and use Blacksmith Blessings to try and upgrade it yourself without risk of downgrading, but I'd wait for a refine event to not go broke as this could maybe cost you MORE than 950m if your luck is bad lol.

Saphir Hall-OS was fine back in the day, but I don't think it is any good outside of being a budget option now and certainly doesn't compare to Dragon Slayer's Longsword at its current price.

#9 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 07 June 2024 - 01:38 PM

Dont forget that Chemical Resistance Gloves might be better than Paracelsus glove (which is the reason why the latter is much cheaper now)

It looks like iRO wiki updated the recommended equipments for genetic

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Geneticist

Kudos to whoever did it

#10 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 12:14 AM

There's a new OCP headgear that buffs a lot of the Gray Wolf stuff, but the equipment/enchantments are all f2p for level 180+ (I think).

I see a +0 DSL for 175m and +11 DSL for 400m on the Prontera Market Board right now... but considering how much more valuable and rare +12 Certs are, I wouldn't be surprised if a +12 DSL went for double that. In fact, I see someone trying to buy a +12 for 950m on the Discord so probably in that range?

There is no cheap way to +12 an item: Getting a +12 Refine Cert (through super rare Advanced Refine Envelopes) or paying someone with one to refine it for you are the easy but expensive ways.

You could also get a +11 DSL and use Blacksmith Blessings to try and upgrade it yourself without risk of downgrading, but I'd wait for a refine event to not go broke as this could maybe cost you MORE than 950m if your luck is bad lol.

Saphir Hall-OS was fine back in the day, but I don't think it is any good outside of being a budget option now and certainly doesn't compare to Dragon Slayer's Longsword at its current price.

Imma need to research that gray wolf stuff. Aside from the DSL, what other viable weapons are there? I just checked, I have a +12 cert, dunno where i got it, but i think it would be a waste if i used it for the DSL. 

I'm currently using +9 3AS TENS Red EA3, dunno if Saphir Hall-OS is that much better. 

Dont forget that Chemical Resistance Gloves might be better than Paracelsus glove (which is the reason why the latter is much cheaper now)

Kudos to whoever did it

Does Paracelsus glove affect cart cannon? 

I thought you meant chemical gloves, and thinking if its really that good. didn't know there is a chemical resistance gloves. 

#11 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 08 June 2024 - 06:35 PM

Kudos to whoever did it

Chem Resist Gloves are definitely better than both Para and Chem Gloves (from testing on my build anyway), but I didn't recommend them because they are lvl200+ (and beyond his budget). This will be the desired accessories for most endgame builds though.

Big +1 to whoever is randomly updating the Wiki Build pages, and think I saw GX or SX get updated too!

Imma need to research that gray wolf stuff. Aside from the DSL, what other viable weapons are there? I just checked, I have a +12 cert, dunno where i got it, but i think it would be a waste if i used it for the DSL. 

I'm currently using +9 3AS TENS Red EA3, dunno if Saphir Hall-OS is that much better. 

Does Paracelsus glove affect cart cannon? 

I thought you meant chemical gloves, and thinking if its really that good. didn't know there is a chemical resistance gloves. 

So I don't think it would be a waste to use it on the DSL (and wow, lucky you have one!) as it is an extremely strong weapon for any class that can use it, and I think one of the top weapons for Biolo right now, so if you are only running Biolo it could be worth it -- I would assume the Thanatos Shooter Helm+Weapon would beat it but that requires you to be locked into that combo and it's VERY expensive right now, so up to you. If you want to make some money, you could also offer to "sell" that cert for easily over 1b (I see offers at 1.4b recently) to better gear up your character.

My personal favorite choice is the Scythe of Ice Flame because it gives 100% chance leech per hit meaning you basically live forever unless the damage 1-shots you... doesn't do a bunch for damage but doesn't matter if you can't die and only needs +10 for full effect  :no1: ...however, this is also a very expensive item.

I thought that Paracelsus Gloves doesn't affect CC, but the +20% damage to all size monsters is always niiiiice anyway... but Divine-Price lists the code as affecting CC too? https://www.divine-p...acelsus-glove-1

iRO is notorious for mistranslated items so it could be either way here, haha.

#12 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1313 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 09 June 2024 - 02:50 AM

I thought that Paracelsus Gloves doesn't affect CC, but the +20% damage to all size monsters is always niiiiice anyway... but Divine-Price lists the code as affecting CC too? https://www.divine-p...acelsus-glove-1

iRO is notorious for mistranslated items so it could be either way here, haha.

In that case description is actually correct it doesn't affect CC, many have been baited by that.

#13 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 July 2024 - 01:49 PM

Currently level 172 with the following items: 

+8 Cylinder Headband

S. Coronet 

Tyrant

+7 Paracelsus Coat

+11 Dragon Slayer Longsword 

+8 Anemos Shield 

Moonlight Bell 

+8 Zodiac Boots merchant 

Memento Mori

Black Eagle Ring 

What should I upgrade? What can you recommend for shield and helm? 

Don’t have anything good for shadow sets, just using reload set now. 

Edited by Apiong, 28 July 2024 - 01:50 PM.

#14 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 29 July 2024 - 12:58 PM

I would say creating, upgrading, and enchanting an Old Midas Whisper for upper headgear would be a nice upgrade for you. +12 with Purple Ferus Card, Master Archer lv.5 enchant, INT/DEX/STR enchants. If you haven't created a Biolab Headgear yet, note that is is Character Bound and read this: https://irowiki.org/...olabs_Headgears

• There are newer headgear+weapon combos (Biolab Taurus+Coolant, Poenitentia, Adulter/Vivatus Fides) but I have not gone this route with Biolo so I don't have good advice there.

For shield, typically a +12 Excelion Shield or the new +11 God-devouring Demonic Shield looks good. Use White Knight+Khalitzburg Knight cards if Excelion, Polluted Wander Man+Mysteltainn cards if God-devouring.

I've never used Zodiac Boots so they might be fine for your budget until you can get some endgame items like Starry Sky Twin Prime or one of the many powerful shoes right now. Midgard Knight Shoes are super cheap and all around good if you want to try grading equipment?

Accessories could be upgraded to Paracelsus Gloves but the new Chemical Resistance Gloves (req. lv200) are better so might be better waiting til Biolo.

#15 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 July 2024 - 11:02 AM

I would say creating, upgrading, and enchanting an Old Midas Whisper for upper headgear would be a nice upgrade for you. +12 with Purple Ferus Card, Master Archer lv.5 enchant, INT/DEX/STR enchants. If you haven't created a Biolab Headgear yet, note that is is Character Bound and read this: https://irowiki.org/...olabs_Headgears

• There are newer headgear+weapon combos (Biolab Taurus+Coolant, Poenitentia, Adulter/Vivatus Fides) but I have not gone this route with Biolo so I don't have good advice there.

For shield, typically a +12 Excelion Shield or the new +11 God-devouring Demonic Shield looks good. Use White Knight+Khalitzburg Knight cards if Excelion, Polluted Wander Man+Mysteltainn cards if God-devouring.

I've never used Zodiac Boots so they might be fine for your budget until you can get some endgame items like Starry Sky Twin Prime or one of the many powerful shoes right now. Midgard Knight Shoes are super cheap and all around good if you want to try grading equipment?

Accessories could be upgraded to Paracelsus Gloves but the new Chemical Resistance Gloves (req. lv200) are better so might be better waiting til Biolo.

Thanks! I haven't tried that quest yet. I was thinking of the Biolab Taurus Diadem but didn't notice that it requires a specific weapon. 

Although, there is a combo with Zodiac Boots Merchant, Biolab Taurus Diadem and Flamel Memory: 

Set Bonus:
Zodiac Boots(Merchant)
Flamel Memory
Biolab Taurus Diadem

If the sum of helmet, shoes, and weapon refinement level is 33 or higher,
increases ranged physical damage by 30%.

If the sum of helmet, shoes, and weapon refinement level is 35 or higher,
Reduces variable casting time of Cart Cannon skill by 100%.

Don't know if it would be good. 

Would Mad Bunny be good as a shield? 

I have Midgard Knight Shoes but i'm intimidated with upgrading level 2 armors. 

Yea, I plan on buying Chemical Resistance Gloves when I reach 200 and turn into Biolo. 

Can you suggest cards for my equips? I don't have card on any equips right now. 

Thanks!! 

#16 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 30 July 2024 - 10:06 PM

Thanks! I haven't tried that quest yet. I was thinking of the Biolab Taurus Diadem but didn't notice that it requires a specific weapon. 

Although, there is a combo with Zodiac Boots Merchant, Biolab Taurus Diadem and Flamel Memory: 

Don't know if it would be good. 

Would Mad Bunny be good as a shield? 

I have Midgard Knight Shoes but i'm intimidated with upgrading level 2 armors. 

Can you suggest cards for my equips? I don't have card on any equips right now. 

Not only does it need a specific weapon, enchanting the specific Memory is a PAIN on either your time or wallet (you need over 5000 item drops from an instance) and I still think Dragon Slayer comes out on top lol. Don't quote me on that but I know Dragon Slayer is real good.

• There is the whole Striking Set that is pretty good for CC Biolo, but maybe a bit outdated. However, that also might mean cheaper if you have some extra funds/sell some stuff. Striking Hat/Armguard/Mikoshi/Shoes if interested.

Mad Bunny would be better than Anemos and is pretty budget friendly too!

Yeah, Grading is a bit complicated and very money-intensive. Luckily Ether Dusts are cheaper than ever but I would wait for a Refine Event before trying for an A-Grade for your sanity's sake, haha. +13 MKS Grade-A is a solid shoe though.

For cards, people having varying opinions in some slots but here's what I'd choose:

• HEAD: Purple Ferus
  • BODY: Dame of Sentinel (combos with garment, truly kicks in at 200) or Restless Dead
  • WEAPON: White Knight (combo with shield)
  • SHIELD: Khalitzburg Knight (combo with weapon)
  • GARMENT: Empathizer (combos with armor, truly kicks in at 200) or Menblatt
  • SHOES: Blut Hase/Odorico (expensive options) or Vicious Cookie (cheaper)
  • ACCESSORIES: Gold Scaraba (cheap) or stuff like Dolorion for specific damage types

#17 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 06 September 2024 - 01:23 AM

I see a +0 DSL for 175m and +11 DSL for 400m on the Prontera Market Board right now...

It's time to buy DSL nowwwwwwwww.. the price dropped significantly after the release of recent OCP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users