Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

2nd Job Quest Change
  • A new option is available from Darren when going through the 2nd Job Change Quest.
  • You can exchange 5 Ruven's Coins to Darren and he will fudge your paperwork and allow you to skip the quest.
Item Mall

On 2/7 these items will return to their non-sale pices
  • Job Skill Reset - 200 Pts
  • Testimony of Retraining - 400 Pts
  • Halo - 300 Pts
Due to be removed on 2/7
  • Perfect Separation Drill (5) - 1200 Pts
  • Valor Quest Ticket (25) - 100 Pts
  • Trainee Medal (10) - 1,000 Pts
  • Medal of Fortune (10) - 800 Pts
  • Medal of Retrieval (10) - 800 Pts
  • Re-Roll Hammer (30) - 500 Pts
On 2/7 the Winter Event items will no longer be available in the item mall.
  • Rosarian Skis - 300 Pts (Item can now be placed into storage)
  • Hockey Stick - 50 Pts
  • Curling Stone - 50 Pts
  • Curling Broom - 50 Pts
Changes
  • All Skills in the Support section of the Item Mall are now listed at their regular prices
  • Yellow Dog Beanie has returned to its regular price
  • The Box of Enchanted Stones was removed

Winter Festival - Bug
  • Mayor Darren finished his investigation into the Lunaris RPS game, and concluded that the NPC was hijacking the players wallets and taking 87k instead of the 75k he stated. The NPC has been exchanged for look a like NPC with a heart.
Other Changes
  • Mayor Darren no longer talks about the 6th Anniversary Event, he has finally let go of the memories and has moved on.
  • Rose Flower will be removed from the game during this maintenance.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed issue when player abandoned The Pyramid of Fate quest, will correctly allow the player to resume from point left off.
  • Metal Moldy now displays his name in full, identity crisis resolved.
  • Big Hand Jack, who was suppose to be selling Armor, Fuel and Ammo received his delivery of supplies.
  • Corrected an occasional error when speaking to NPC Fahimah.

#2 onizuk4

onizuk4

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

still no balance update :p_angel:

#3 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

• Fixed issue when player abandoned The Pyramid of Fate quest, will correctly allow the player to resume from point left off.

This is good news to those of us who have been waiting for it and assumed it was just going to be forgotten.

#4 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

2nd Job Quest Change

• A new option is available from Darren when going through the 2nd Job Change Quest.
  • You can exchange 5 Ruven's Coins to Darren and he will fudge your paperwork and allow you to skip the quest.

Thats good only so many times you really feel ike going through that quest... thanks!

Bug Fixes

Thanks! I can finally continue that quest... yeah yeah I know... don't quit quests...

#5 elamite

elamite

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Not Currently Playing.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Great Update :p_angel:

#6 PinoyXpridE

PinoyXpridE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Expect the expected though. :p_angel:

#7 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

This is so sad. I did the 2nd Job Quest countless times, and I've always liked it. Now people can skip it...just for a few bux more for your wallets.

#8 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm quite happy the quest is now able to be skipped, saves me an hourish of time. Now I have something to use the ruvens coins Geddeh gave me when he quit!

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 31 January 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#9 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Nooooooo the patch notes were earlier than PickUp's maintenance thread, where are your incredibily awesome notes?! :p_angel:

#10 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Expect the expected though. :p_angel:

So you expected all of this did you...?

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

So you expected all of this did you...?

Dhuhh, he must be psychic

#12 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Whens the next update? And no don't say just now, I haven't seen an update in weeks.

#13 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

What he said....just with twice the sarcasam and frustration...

#14 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Whens the next update? And no don't say just now, I haven't seen an update in weeks.

Them developers are still in the holiday spirit from a few weeks ago i suppose :p_laugh:.
Wakey wakey genesis it's time to come with an update, sleeping time's over :p_angel:

(No offense meant, just joking (: )

Edited by jerremy, 31 January 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#15 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Bug Fixes

Yay! It works! Choose the bottom option that says you lost your piece of fate and he says no you didn't.. here they are you sill... yeah yeah...

thanks for the fix!

#16 Stach

Stach

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

I agree. Back to League of Legends

#17 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

This is so sad. I did the 2nd Job Quest countless times, and I've always liked it. Now people can skip it...just for a few bux more for your wallets.

Then don't pay the convenience fee next time you want to get your 2nd Advanced Class, it's as simple as that. For the first time in what seems forever, an Item Mall convenience has been added which is optional, non-invasive to game balance and true to what the Item Mall should be used for, and you still find reason to complain.

Edited by Genesis, 31 January 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#18 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

I see a lot of stuff we already know posted so it looks like its taking space...

#19 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

hm...I thought the game arena was finishing up at the end of December, now it looks like nothing will happen in February :p_angel:

#20 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

2nd Job Quest Change

I think this is again a really bad result. On one hand I understand that it can be a bit frustrating to do this quest for old players that have done it 5 times, but holy crap, doing quests is a part of the freaking game! ROSEs total number of quests can already be counted on two hands so why the hell do you give the option to skip these quests!? Don't you have any sense of creativity? Change the quest, adapt it so that it's actually interesting to do again! Is it thát hard? Seriously? You can even skip a key quest now by using the IM. It's getting more and more rediculous. I would have freaking 10 ideas ready if I had the idea that you actually work on some good material yourselves. Really man..

Please share your insights! Please don't just say "doing the quest 10 times is boring".

Edited by FeedisArti, 31 January 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#21 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Yay! It works! Choose the bottom option that says you lost your piece of fate and he says no you didn't.. here they are you sill... yeah yeah...

thanks for the fix!

Glad we got that taken care of! Spread the word if you hear anyone else stuck in a similar manner :p_angel:

#22 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

2nd Job Quest Change

Whats offered next? Instant 220 Coupon? I'm not one to complain(I do it on occasion yes, but usually for a good reason), but I played this game in beta--You actually had to work to level up--You could spend weeks in the goblin cave just grinding for a few levels. It meant something to level up, and it meant something to do the quest and accomplish it--You felt accomplished. Yes--Its optional, but something about it just feels wrong.

+145748

And I'm normally one to be very patient, but you get to a point where you start to question--What are you working on. There have been a few leaks to what to expect from you guys(thanks to the Community Senate which was one of the better ideas I've seen go on with this game). We get that your team is not as large as it should be for a game this size, or that things come up(like unforeseen glitches), but we're just asking for some verbal updates. Every time you guys give an update its vague. Give us a timeline again of what you're trying to aim for, and if something comes up just tell us. And not just use the phrase "something came up." Why not just tell us the truth--So and so is having a hard time playing with the original coding. You'll still get complaints from the same people you normally do, but at least you could do is keep the rest of us calm or give us a reason to keep playing--as someone pointed out to me, its starting to look a bit empty.

#23 Bartik

Bartik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMięsny jeż
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Don't be surprised if some day you will see this:

â?¢ You can exchange 100 Ruven's Coins to Mairard and he will fudge your frustration and allow you to skip leveling to 220.

:p_angel:

#24 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

thanks for the fix!

At which NPC, because I didn't get the option from Bond?

Nvm, I figured out it. It is Historian (Jones) in Junon.

Edited by Rooster, 31 January 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#25 ScarletDragon

ScarletDragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNeo Domino City

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

hm...I thought the game arena was finishing up at the end of December, now it looks like nothing will happen in February :p_angel:

and then march, then april, then may, and so on. if the devs are having to much work simply hire more devs to help fasten the projects, in 1 year of the game we mostly some nothing just like 3 or 4 good updates from like 50 made in 1 year, the patch notes eery tuesday are the same thing, nothing new, not even a small lil thing at least a new backpack or costume to enjoy a bit, nothing! and mean while lots of ppl keep quitting rose, sometimes i think gravity really doesnt even care about ROSE, they only care about our pockets. Year 2037 Patch Notes v.1447 finally the 5th planet released but with 200 bugs, well keep working on class balancing and maybe release new gears in 2 more years.

P.S.: no offense but its the truth

Edited by ScarletDragon, 31 January 2012 - 05:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users