Anyone planning to be an op cash shopper in this game on release? - Maestia Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Anyone planning to be an op cash shopper in this game on release?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 KillSwitchActive

KillSwitchActive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Other then me?

#inb4egoinflation

#2 twotails12

twotails12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

no not really, ill buy here and there but thats it

#3 grOoveInc

grOoveInc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:????

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

nah not really unless game is worth for it

#4 HikaruNajumi

HikaruNajumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationIn the deeps of Central Oregon
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Not likely. I personally hate games that are Pay to Win. So if this game goes that route I will be jumping ship.

#5 Wandering

Wandering

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

agrees with Hikaru

#6 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Not likely. I personally hate games that are Pay to Win. So if this game goes that route I will be jumping ship.

Game doesn't need to be P2W for people to spend fktons of cash on a single game.

If people don't want Maestia to go P2W, spend like 15$-20$ a month. If a good amount of the playerbase does this, chances of P2W will drop dramatically.

#7 HikaruNajumi

HikaruNajumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Um thats sounds like P2W to me. If a good amount of the player base is spending money on the game its basically a P2P and a P2W.
What about people like myself who can't afford that anyway?

Besides the fact it was asked us to give our opinions I gave mine. I stand by it if it goes P2W I will leave.

#8 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Um thats sounds like P2W to me. If a good amount of the player base is spending money on the game its basically a P2P and a P2W.

Besides the fact it was asked us to give our opinions I gave mine. I stand by it if it goes P2W I will leave.

Paying to win is paying for items/refines/gems that can only be found in the cash shop for a substantial sum that provide unfair advantages.

Paying to support your game and to make sure the company doesn't take drastic actions such as introducing OPed and gamebreaking items should be widely encouraged, instead of abhorred just because a game is called free to play. Many free to play games become "Free to Play, Pay to Enjoy", because of people like you who won't/can't pay. If you can afford to spend time online, you definitely can spare a few dollars a month to avoid something you like from becoming something horrible.

Besides, the OP was asking who was going to spend alot of cash on the game. Its a yes or no question as they never asked for any of our opinions :P.

Oh and yea, when games go P2W EVERYONE is out, except for the deeply invested.

Edited by WorldBosh, 18 July 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#9 twotails12

twotails12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Paying to win is paying for items/refines/gems that can only be found in the cash shop for a substantial sum that provide unfair advantages.

Paying to support your game and to make sure the company doesn't take drastic actions such as introducing OPed and gamebreaking items should be widely encouraged, instead of abhorred just because a game is called free to play. Many free to play games become "Free to Play, Pay to Enjoy", because of people like you who won't/can't pay. If you can afford to spend time online, you definitely can spare a few dollars a month to avoid something you like from becoming something horrible.

Besides, the OP was asking who was going to spend alot of cash on the game. Its a yes or no question as they never asked for any of our opinions :P.

Oh and yea, when games go P2W EVERYONE is out, except for the deeply invested.

lol he doesnt understand what p2w means XD

#10 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

lol he doesnt understand what p2w means XD

PWI. Pretty sure I know what it means.

#11 twotails12

twotails12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

PWI. Pretty sure I know what it means.

not u -.-

#12 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

not u -.-

><, my bad.

#13 Gatito

Gatito

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

yea im not spending a penny on this game. ill let some rich kid do the spending for me and ill pay with gold or w/e th ein game currency is

Edited by Gatito, 18 July 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#14 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Not gonna spend anything at all. nu uh. Unless it is something that really interests me.

#15 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

I got a question for all your hardcore F2Pers. I understand your decision to play without spending anything and recognize it as a decent, legitimate decision, but one thing that I don't understand is why people hate on people who spend cash on the game. Why do F2Pers hate on CSers?

Edited by WorldBosh, 18 July 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#16 A5SA5S1N

A5SA5S1N

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

I got a question for all your hardcore F2Pers. I understand your decision to play without spending anything and recognize it as a decent, legitimate decision, but one thing that I don't understand is why people hate on people who spend cash on the game. Why do F2Pers hate on CSers?

Bro, no one hates anyone, the only thing "F2Pers" hate is getting wrecked hard and blaming Cash shop for it being the reason or not.

#17 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

gravity is biggest milk company they killed requiem with cash shop they milked our cows few of them still pays 1000 of dollars per month im pretty sure in a year or two maestia will have same fate and they will blame community for that :D

Edited by Rapsod, 19 July 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#18 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

Bro, no one hates anyone, the only thing "F2Pers" hate is getting wrecked hard and blaming Cash shop for it being the reason or not.

I guess...

gravity is biggest milk company they killed requiem with cash shop they milked our cows few of them still pays 1000 of dollars per month im pretty sure in a year or two maestia will have same fate and they will blame community for that :D

One or two years of solid fun is still good enough for me. Besides, GW2 is coming out in a month and a half soo.........GG?

#19 bigdaddymoo

bigdaddymoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Ok
I want to play without paying a penny,boo hoo i just got wrecked by someone who pays to win boo hoo hoo wah. Wow what are you idiots thinking if it wasnt for people who pay for a game to run you ( I dont want to pay to play a game that I enjoy) Idiots wouldnt have anything to do. Bottom line and sorry for telling it like it is, But it you cant afford to help keep a game alive by spending maybe 5$ a month on it, stay the F&*@ off the game ! Tired of people who cant get off momies tit and get a job or are too young but wont do anything around the house to help out so mommy and daddy will give them a few dollars. Sorry if someone gets thier feelings hurt by this ... no I am not I pay to win and help keep games going so the cry babys will have something to cry about :P

Take care for all those who stay and have fun
good bye to all those that arent going to play if the game is P2W because I am telling you now leave I am paying to win baby

#20 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

Ok
I want to play without paying a penny,boo hoo i just got wrecked by someone who pays to win boo hoo hoo wah. Wow what are you idiots thinking if it wasnt for people who pay for a game to run you ( I dont want to pay to play a game that I enjoy) Idiots wouldnt have anything to do. Bottom line and sorry for telling it like it is, But it you cant afford to help keep a game alive by spending maybe 5$ a month on it, stay the F&*@ off the game ! Tired of people who cant get off momies tit and get a job or are too young but wont do anything around the house to help out so mommy and daddy will give them a few dollars. Sorry if someone gets thier feelings hurt by this ... no I am not I pay to win and help keep games going so the cry babys will have something to cry about :P

good bye to all those that arent going to play if the game is P2W because I am telling you now leave I am paying to win baby

This is basically what I'm saying...minus the assholishness. No one is asking you people to shell out hundreds, but would it hurt to drop in a couple of bucks a month?

#21 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

Ok

Posted Image

#22 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

Does anyone even have a vague impression of what the cash shop for this game is going to include, or if there will any additional ways to contribute towards the game?

I mean, with iRO, there's a cash shop (kafra); but that is not the only way one can support the game, as Warpportal offers VIP status on it's renewal servers for a mere $7 a month. And, for that VIP, you get reduced death penalty, increased xp and drop rates, and certain other perks (like zeny requirements for rebirthing are nullified). So, basically, you can support the game, without ever touching the ingame cash shop.

That said, I do understand that what some people may consider as "game-breaking" advantages, may not seem that way to the next person.

Either way, if the game is good and decent, there will be those that support it financially. (I first started playing iRO during beta in 2001; and it's still here today.)

Edited by LadyRaven, 19 July 2012 - 06:34 AM.

#23 HikaruNajumi

HikaruNajumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

I understand your wishes to support the game, and you know that is great. I would support the game if I was able. I have been searching jobs for the last 3 years. The economy where I am at is -_- to put it mildly. I have 3 years of culinary school, nearly 2 culinary degrees, a business degree, and working on a computer degree. I have 9 years barista experience. I see people urgently hiring barista's or so they say. I apply and do not even get an interview. So as I said the economy sucks balls.
So yes some of us can not put money into cash shop items, we can not support the game financially.
We still have the right to play as much as any one else.

Also Pay to win to me refers to buying items that greatly off balance the game. Give the people who can afford said items the great advantage that normal plays can not compete with. Items there is no way in hell to get with out paying for and boost stats, do quad damage, etc. (just using examples, I do not think there is an item that does quad dam) These are the things that makes me not want to play the game. That is what Pay to Win for me is, and what I don't like.
Take PvP for example if a person has an item or more than allows him or her to hold off three to four normal players and win just because he or she has that item. That throws off the whole balance of the game, and makes it no longer fun to play IMO.

So Bigdaddymoo you are entitled to your opinion, I understand you are passionate about supporting games you like. You just have to understand sometimes people are just not able.
Also I am confused by your post for one reason.
you say.

... no I am not I pay to win and help keep games going

then you say

I am telling you now leave I am paying to win baby

#24 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

I understand your wishes to support the game, and you know that is great. I would support the game if I was able. I have been searching jobs for the last 3 years. The economy where I am at is -_- to put it mildly. I have 3 years of culinary school, nearly 2 culinary degrees, a business degree, and working on a computer degree. I have 9 years barista experience. I see people urgently hiring barista's or so they say. I apply and do not even get an interview. So as I said the economy sucks balls.
So yes some of us can not put money into cash shop items, we can not support the game financially.
We still have the right to play as much as any one else.

Also Pay to win to me refers to buying items that greatly off balance the game. Give the people who can afford said items the great advantage that normal plays can not compete with. Items there is no way in hell to get with out paying for and boost stats, do quad damage, etc. (just using examples, I do not think there is an item that does quad dam) These are the things that makes me not want to play the game. That is what Pay to Win for me is, and what I don't like.
Take PvP for example if a person has an item or more than allows him or her to hold off three to four normal players and win just because he or she has that item. That throws off the whole balance of the game, and makes it no longer fun to play IMO.

So Bigdaddymoo you are entitled to your opinion, I understand you are passionate about supporting games you like. You just have to understand sometimes people are just not able.
Also I am confused by your post for one reason.
you say.
then you say

LoL, so then theres no problem at the moment then right?

#25 HikaruNajumi

HikaruNajumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

I never said I had a problem right now or any time soon haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users