Can we please get RWC Box again? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Can we please get RWC Box again?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#51 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

I don't mind unique time-limited items (Rudolph's Hairband, Well-Chewed Pencil, CD in Mouth, etc), but account-bound OP time-limited items that depend too much on high amount of RL money are disheartening. :(

I mean, I used to buy WPE regularly, but after I bought a couple of those reset boxes, I stopped and realized that it was gonna be very costly.

I thought Malangdo Enchantment was gonna be that expensive. It was one of the reasons that kept me away from coming back to this game. But hey, the price is actually reasonable and I enjoyed resetting my weapons.

#52 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

I don't mind unique time-limited items (Rudolph's Hairband, Well-Chewed Pencil, CD in Mouth, etc), but account-bound OP time-limited items that depend too much on high amount of RL money are disheartening. :(

Can agree to this

#53 djxstatik

djxstatik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Well if any players have RWC rally boxes for sale, pm me.....

#54 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

These items and enchants shouldn't have been implemented in the first place...

I mean, I used to buy WPE regularly, but after I bought a couple of those reset boxes, I stopped and realized that it was gonna be very costly.

I thought Malangdo Enchantment was gonna be that expensive. It was one of the reasons that kept me away from coming back to this game. But hey, the price is actually reasonable and I enjoyed resetting my weapons.

^This

#55 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm just hoping we can get more players onboard with bringing these back. Perhaps if demand for these items is strong enough, our pleas will be heard.

Anyway, looking forward to getting some RWC Boxes in the near future. Please bring them back.

These items and enchants shouldn't have been implemented in the first place...

True, but now that they're in the game, the players who have them possess a sizable advantage over those who don't. In this case, I think the lesser of two evils is bringing them back and doing so periodically so that everyone can at least have a shot at getting them.

Edited by Dreimdal, 24 December 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#56 LeefRyder

LeefRyder

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Yggdrasil

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Well if any players have RWC rally boxes for sale, pm me.....

Just saw someone in Eden with a chat box up selling not five minutes ago.

#57 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

I think I have 4 boxes in my storage somewhere..

Edit: nvm I gave as gifts to 4 random players.. If it would cost this much damn.

Edited by Baturiano, 24 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#58 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Believe me, the problem is not RWC items, but the enchants. Nobody is complaining about THE RING, ONLY THE PENDANT.

Why?

Because of the fact you can reduce cast time of stuff on it. And there is NO OTHER ingame way, except a MVP card of the highest tier. And worse, you can add the mvp card on it.

The point is. Spell is freaking overpowered due to the "cast time" reduction on it.

IF it was something like 1%, 2%, 3%, ok, but no.

Spell 1 is 4%. Spell 2 is 6%, Spell 3 is 8%, and from 4 to 9, 10%. It's a lot. Even more because:

Wear two RWC accessories full spell3. Then a weapon dual spell 4.

16% + 16% + 20% = 52% cast reduction from WEAPON and ACCESSORIES. With strings, already instant cast. A couple more gears and only fixed cast remains from everything.

Ok, fair enough but look. All the high-priced malangdo enchants are all Expert Archers or Spells.

Expert Archer was a smart enchant. 2% ranged damage per level, amazing. But nobody sells Spells because of the MATK, just the cast time. If I had to remake it, I'd make exactly like EA, OR add more fixed MATK and screwing that cast time thing, which made all the items extremely stupidly op.

So, nerf spell pls :gg:

#59 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Believe me, the problem is not RWC items, but the enchants. Nobody is complaining about THE RING, ONLY THE PENDANT.

Why?

Because of the fact you can reduce cast time of stuff on it. And there is NO OTHER ingame way, except a MVP card of the highest tier. And worse, you can add the mvp card on it.

The point is. Spell is freaking overpowered due to the "cast time" reduction on it.

IF it was something like 1%, 2%, 3%, ok, but no.

Spell 1 is 4%. Spell 2 is 6%, Spell 3 is 8%, and from 4 to 9, 10%. It's a lot. Even more because:

Wear two RWC accessories full spell3. Then a weapon dual spell 4.

16% + 16% + 20% = 52% cast reduction from WEAPON and ACCESSORIES. With strings, already instant cast. A couple more gears and only fixed cast remains from everything.

Ok, fair enough but look. All the high-priced malangdo enchants are all Expert Archers or Spells.

Expert Archer was a smart enchant. 2% ranged damage per level, amazing. But nobody sells Spells because of the MATK, just the cast time. If I had to remake it, I'd make exactly like EA, OR add more fixed MATK and screwing that cast time thing, which made all the items extremely stupidly op.

So, nerf spell pls :gg:

Spells Nerfed!

Metallic Sound

Variable Cast Time: (0.5 + 0.5 * Skill Level) seconds
Skill re-use Delay: (1.5 + 0.5 * Skill Level) seconds
Global Skill Delay: 1 second
Number of Hits: Level 1 ~ 2: 2 hits
Level 3 ~ 4: 3 hits
Level 5: 4 hits
MATK [{(Skill Level x 120) + (Voice Lesson Skill Level x 60)} x Caster’s Base Level / 100] %
Targets hit by Metallic sound will lose [(HP Damage / 10) x {1 / (11 - Voice Lesson Skill Level)}] SP.
If target is in Sleep or Deep Sleep status, it will take 1.5 times more damage.

New Nerf

Metallic Sound

Variable Cast Time: (0.5 + 0.5 * Skill Level) seconds
Skill re-use Delay: (1.5 + 0.5 * Skill Level) seconds
Global Skill Delay: 1 second
Number of Hits: Level 1 ~ 2: 2 hits
Level 3 ~ 4: 3 hits
Level 5: 4 hits
MATK [{(Skill Level x 20) + (Voice Lesson Skill Level x 60)} x Caster’s Base Level / 100] %
Targets hit by Metallic sound will lose [(HP Damage / 10) x {1 / (11 - Voice Lesson Skill Level)}] SP.
If target is in Sleep or Deep Sleep status, it will take 1.5 times more damage.

You happy now :D!

#60 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Spoiler

Off topic.

The thread is a request for certain items, not a discussion on whether said items are over-powered. Save it for another thread please.

Anyway, on topic: Can we please get those RWC Boxes back into the Kafra Shop, GMs? Is that really asking too much? You stand to benefit from it too you know....

#61 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Off topic.

The thread is a request for certain items, not a discussion on whether said items are over-powered. Save it for another thread please.

Anyway, on topic: Can we please get those RWC Boxes back into the Kafra Shop, GMs? Is that really asking too much? You stand to benefit from it too you know....

Probably when the RWC Enchanter leaves for good as they will be a regular slotted or unslotted accessory that either gives +% Matk and +% Atk or a combination with RWC Weapons.

#62 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

The accessory + weapons alone are amazing enough. How else a non-mage managed to gather over 200 MATK, or a non-axe user able to gather over 200 ATK in extremely low levels. There was no reason to allow them to be enchanted with spell.

Removing the enchants nowadays would cause too much complaints for sure, but would recover the lost balance.

But the best thing to do is change how Spell works. Unfortunately can't do it without asking kRO.

But real question is. WHY you want the items? Only to enchant pendants with Spell or something else? If it's "something else", I support the comeback.

#63 Feonn

Feonn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

If they nerf the RWC accessories I want my money back. That's just blatant rip off and there's people that spent hundreds getting the best enchants. Nuff said.

#64 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

If they nerf the RWC accessories I want my money back. That's just blatant rip off and there's people that spent hundreds getting the best enchants. Nuff said.

^that's the point. Hundreds of dollars just to enchants things. LOL

#65 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9783 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

lets complain about this game being pay to win then complain when they wont sell us any more pay to win items...

#66 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

poor people want them nerfed. not poor people want them back.

#67 Pick

Pick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:Classic/Renewal

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Everything is OP nerf nerf! Qq

#68 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

The dagger could become the best dagger just because they NEVER BALANCED the dagger line. However, the staff and mace are garbage. Honestly, since I came back in May, this update was the stupidest update I have ever seen; even though I benefit from the dagger+accessories for my Shadow Spell Chaser. They simply weren't thought thoroughly.

There's nothing they can do now. The damage has been done.

#69 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

This game is getting stupidly expensive.
18K (rougly $18) for that stupid early Christmas gift box. Seeing how so many people are selling the items from this boxes on Ragial I can't help, but ask what the fuq is wrong with them?
6K 600 (rougly $6) for one RWC reset box and you need at least 20 of these to get perfect enchant. Total cost would be $120.
Don't forget about the cost of upgrading to +12!!
So how much did you guys really spend on this game so far?

#70 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

The upgrading part is very easy since they are level 3 weapons. That's right.. the best dagger is a lv 3 weapon.

#71 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

As much as I'd like to see them back, I honestly don't think they should be put back in. No offense, but this is a reoccurring problem with the community. They implement something in for a limited time, after it leaves everyone realizes it was really good and wants it back. Then a week later they say it ruined the game. An example of this is Enriched Hammer. The first time he was in, a few people got their weapons to +12. Once he left, everyone was mad they didn't get their weapon to +12. Then shortly after everyone complains there are too many +12 items. Same is going to happen with this. They're implemented, those who took advantage of the greatness will have an advantage over others. If they re-implement them, not only is going to further make in game gear obsolete, but we're just going to have more people complaining that everything is overpowered, renewal sucks, this game sucks, GMs suck, life sucks, etc.
In summary, good things should be kept in moderation. There is such thing as too much of a good thing.

Edited by Azyrk, 26 December 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#72 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9783 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

same thing with rudolph band... it came out and people didnt take advantage... now people are paying several hundred millions of zeny for one... then they complain that its too op.... then they say they want it to come back again... then when its not back they say its too op again and it should be nerfed... i bet if none of this crap had ever been released and they never made high level upgrades available and whatnot nobody wuld be complaining things are too OP... they make awesome weapons then they need awesome armor to counter the damage from the awesome weapons... then they need better weapons to inflict more damage then more armor to counter the weapon damage... when does it stop?

#73 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

As much as I'd like to see them back, I honestly don't think they should be put back in. No offense, but this is a reoccurring problem with the community. They implement something in for a limited time, after it leaves everyone realizes it was really good and wants it back. Then a week later they say it ruined the game. An example of this is Enriched Hammer. The first time he was in, a few people got their weapons to +12. Once he left, everyone was mad they didn't get their weapon to +12. Then shortly after everyone complains there are too many +12 items. Same is going to happen with this. They're implemented, those who took advantage of the greatness will have an advantage over others. If they re-implement them, not only is going to further make in game gear obsolete, but we're just going to have more people complaining that everything is overpowered, renewal sucks, this game sucks, GMs suck, life sucks, etc.
In summary, good things should be kept in moderation. There is such thing as too much of a good thing.

That is true, but that's just a normal behavior of the community, not its problem. There are always two sides of the community, the pros and the contras. Most of those who complain in the first case are people who are at that time could not afford to enchant those accessories, and by looking at the amount of money required, it's a reasonable complaint IMO.

If they re-implement the accessories, most of the new complaints would come from people who enchant their accessories the first time they are available. They feel the they are not as strong as they used to anymore, hence they complain. Honestly, I see it as an selfish act.

Eventually, both parties will simmer down.

I don't see re-selling the accessories is a good solution either, but doing nothing about the damage is the worst. Don't get me wrong, I still have 4 sets of these accessories "un-enchanted".

If they re-implement them, not only is going to further make in game gear obsolete, but we're just going to have more people complaining that everything is overpowered, renewal sucks, this game sucks, GMs suck, life sucks, etc.

So if they don't re-implement them, there won't be more people complaining?

Edited by xFireize, 26 December 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#74 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

I don't think many will complain that they aren't as strong. More people will complain that everything is too OP, the game is hard, etc. Honestly, they should leave it as it was--an event. Didn't get to partake? oh well. Events come and go, and are a limited time for a reason.

People will always complain, but you'll save a lot of complaining if they're not implemented again. Really it would be stupid to do so--so soon at least. If they do re implement them, it should be saved as an event prize of some sort (maybe consolation prize for participating in USRC 2013?).
The difference between complaining because of reimplementation and not reimplementing them is completely different. One changes the game, the other changes how people feel inside. :ani_swt3:

#75 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Complaining about how everything is too OP and that the game is hard is stupid to begin with. They are only whiny complaints that nobody will listen to. If everything is OP, then there's no such a thing as OP. That's why I said both parties will simmer down eventually.

They changed the game when they implemented those RWC items without thinking of the consequences. It simply widened the gap between newbies/non-elites and elites. By limiting those items, it cuts one bridge between them. If they re-implement the accessories again, at least they can change the game to everyone, not only for certain parties. If they are not doing anything about it, the other side of the parties will not simmer down, and possibly quit the game.

Cheaters don't want their tools to go public because they think it will make the game boring. Legit players don't like that concept.

Edited by xFireize, 26 December 2012 - 08:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users