[C] I -HATE- the Antonio quest. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[C] I -HATE- the Antonio quest.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Okay so... returning player here decided to play classic.. so I'm 'new' there. (63 Rogue.)

Now Im trying to do the XMas Antonio quest and.. Is there some special trick to kill this bastard?
(He only takes 1 damage per and the Wiki is WRONG on his total HP, there is ZERO Chance that it is 10.)

Every single time that I manage to kill his mobs, he teles away.
If I manage to do a little damage, he teles away.
If I am able to trap him in a corner, he teles away.
If I even look at him a little too long, he teles away.

I have spent the better part of FOUR HOURS trying to kill a single Antonio on a level 63 Character, and has thus far been unsuccessful..

Is there some trick I am just too ignorant to notice?
Or do the RO Devs honestly think tedious and annoying is the same as difficult and challenging?

#2 KikiKikuchi

KikiKikuchi

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Well, you can have a bow mercenary attack Antonio. He will start attacking the merc instead of running away, although there is still the chance of him teleporting. Punch him with bare fists too, it's more effective than having a weapon equipped.

#3 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Ive done the fists.. Bow merc, too expensive and unreliable IMO.

The problem that Im facing is, even when Im unarmed and attacking as fast as I can, He teles away 'every single time'. Sometimes its after I kill the mob, sometimes its after I start attacking him, and sometimes its after i've done 'heavy' damage and have hit him 20 or so times..

Either way.. he teles ALWAYS teles away.

#4 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Just gotta dmg him asap. Im in Chaos but I had problems killing Antonio on my gene. Made party, invited a ranger and he died on our 1st try.

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

You can use a spear merc level 2, use lex divina on the antonio and he will not be able to teleport. Or use a regular priest too.

#6 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Yeah sadly I am friendless, comes with being a loser.. you know..

I suppose my real peeve is with the design of the quest.

For me (As a solo player with only the rogue, for now), the design is annoying and tedious, not difficult and challenging, and that my friends, IMO, is a horrible way to design ANYTHING video game related..

Edited by Siunar, 24 December 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#7 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Anyway, this is more of my own rant now than anything. to those that gave advice, my thanks.

Edited by Siunar, 24 December 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

if you have intimidate learn level 10 lightning bolt on him... it delivers 10 hits without him being able to run from it...

#9 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

I've done this quest multiple times now on multiple chars. It can definetely get annoying.

Try circling the map against the edges & only go for antonios that are near a fence or wall. If they are kind of close to a wall, but not quite, try hitting it from the opposite angle so he'll run at the wall. Pro tip: Kill all those god damn cookies first. Those jerks heal antonio constantly if you don't -_-. And don't wear a weapon. And lastly, sometimes you'll see a lone antonio just standing somewhere with only a jakk for his mob. Always try & hit that one cause sometimes they're bugged & won't run or tele.

#10 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Just an fyi. Rogues can wear bows. Then you won't need to stand next him to hit him and you will hit him from a distance so if he moves he still gets shot. Don't let cookies heal him.

#11 Genchay

Genchay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationDC
  • Server:euRO->iRO Classic

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

You can use a spear merc level 2, use lex divina on the antonio and he will not be able to teleport. Or use a regular priest too.

unfortunetly kad, u cant lex divina on antonio, u cant even Decrease Agi on him ://

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users