What has a higher damage priority? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What has a higher damage priority?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Double attack or crit?

Pretty sure crit but my minds a bit foggy right now...

#2 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

If you get a Crit double attack will be ignored is what I thought.

Edited by Jaffer, 24 December 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Do you mean.... does Double attack overide crit? Because if so... yes. attacks are calculated in this way....

Skill (y/n) -> crit (if skill this is bypassed most of the time) -> hit

If you want to know which damage then it also depends on classic or renewal?

#4 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Hello Correy,

it's critical hits.

Edit: Are you sure Xellie? I remember an old discussion about this where a assassin had crit gear + a jur with a sidewinder card and double attack almost never came up.

Greetings
Ascend

Edited by Ascend, 24 December 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hello Correy,

it's critical hits.

Edit: Are you sure Xellie? I remember an old discussion about this where a assassin had crit gear + a jur with a sidewinder card and double attack almost never came up.

Greetings
Ascend

I am sure.

And here is why.

If you make an assassin and you don't get double attack (DA) as a skill, but you go crit/katar, your offhand crits will do 1 damage. this is because double attack level controls the offhand critical attack damage % in relation to katars.

Now, if you force DA to proc on a katar, via a card or a hat, then it will over-ride the crits. This is why as a crit sin I was able to level as a DD sin without critting with my daggers.
DA overrides it on daggers to make it actually useful.

DA only works on daggers as a passive skill. At this point it is forced to the front and crit takes priority ONLY if you meet the conditions of DA not proccing. That is why a crit sin using a katar doesn't DA. It changes the mechanic of the passive skill to affect their katar damage. When you use DA gear, it will take priority over crit.

Edited by Xellie, 24 December 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#6 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

I am sure.

And here is why.

If you make an assassin and you don't get double attack (DA) as a skill, but you go crit/katar, your offhand crits will do 1 damage. this is because double attack level controls the offhand critical attack damage % in relation to katars.

Now, if you force DA to proc on a katar, via a card or a hat, then it will over-ride the crits. This is why as a crit sin I was able to level as a DD sin without critting with my daggers.

DA only works on daggers as a passive skill. At this point it is forced to the front and crit takes priority ONLY if you meet the conditions of DA not proccing. That is why a crit sin using a katar doesn't DA. It changes the mechanic of the passive skill to affect their katar damage. When you use DA gear, it will take priority over crit.

Hello Xellie,

in that case, I stand corrected - I guess I should trust the words of someone who has a GX as their main after all, sorry =P

Greetings
Ascend

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Double attack, as well as any other similar skill, will always take priority over crit.

Can someone find the person who started claiming otherwise and beat them over the head with something? I've been correcting people on this for over 5 years.

#8 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:iRO

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

So let me get this straight, if I have 100% crit rate and a snake head, I will still see double attacks correct?

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

So let me get this straight, if I have 100% crit rate and a snake head, I will still see double attacks correct?

Yes.

The snake head will work as normal, and only the attacks for which double attack does not proc will crit.

#10 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I am sure.

And here is why.

Uhhh, no? One: even with DA 0 offhand does more than 1 damage if you don't have crap weapons as a sin( not really noticeable until you start hitting 800-1K+ crits mainhand), it just does significantly less damage since it uses DA as the offhand damage mod. Two: the reason you could DD level even as a nat crit sin is because katar class weapons double the crit rate shown in the window plus you probably where not wearing any type of LUK / crit gear since DD is based all on DEX / STR .

Yes.

The snake head will work as normal, and only the attacks for which double attack does not proc will crit.

Uhh, since when? I've always had natural crit sins, even when using a sidewinder carded jur / chick hat thingy if your natural crit was 86% without the sidewinder that is what it is going to be WITH the sidewinder... you just DA the 14% that would have been ordinary hits ( as long as you have enough DEX to to land the HIT anyways ).

CRIT has always preceded both SKILL and HIT. CRIT - CRIT-shield = CRITHIT else > normal attack calcs including skills and DEX based HIT.

#11 Infernys

Infernys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Double Attack has a higher priority than critical hits. It states it on iRO wiki. I've tested it personally. Easiest way to test it is to get a Vanberk card and get the 100 CRIT proc. With 10 Double Attack, you will be getting roughly an even number of double attacks and critical hits, meaning Double Attack has a higher priority.

#12 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

What happens if you proc the DA, but miss? Will it crit instead?

#13 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

If your crit is 100% Yes.
DA Level 10 = 50%
Crit % / 2 = Up to 50%.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Uhhh, no? One: even with DA 0 offhand does more than 1 damage if you don't have crap weapons as a sin( not really noticeable until you start hitting 800-1K+ crits mainhand), it just does significantly less damage since it uses DA as the offhand damage mod. Two: the reason you could DD level even as a nat crit sin is because katar class weapons double the crit rate shown in the window plus you probably where not wearing any type of LUK / crit gear since DD is based all on DEX / STR .

Uhh, since when? I've always had natural crit sins, even when using a sidewinder carded jur / chick hat thingy if your natural crit was 86% without the sidewinder that is what it is going to be WITH the sidewinder... you just DA the 14% that would have been ordinary hits ( as long as you have enough DEX to to land the HIT anyways ).

CRIT has always preceded both SKILL and HIT. CRIT - CRIT-shield = CRITHIT else > normal attack calcs including skills and DEX based HIT.

Look, you're wrong. If you think I am wrong, video evidence will suffice.

#15 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Double attack overrides crit. I use a snake head on my GX with over 100% crit rate and double attacks a heck of a lot. If crit had higher priority it would not double attack at all. Expesially while testing on monsters with no luk. Double attacks if I'm correct will hit slightly more damage than a crit but crit is a guided attack and is only fleed by "perfect dodge" rather than normal flee. So crit is better if you always want to hit your enemy. Double attack is better for hitlocking and ever so slightly better for dammage.

#16 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Look, you're wrong. If you think I am wrong, video evidence will suffice.

You first. You are the one claiming crap.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

You first. You are the one claiming crap.

I've played an assassin since '03.

Spoiler

nvm video uploading.

Edited by Xellie, 25 December 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

consider the troll fed

#19 Pick

Pick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:Classic/Renewal

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

+1

#20 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Haha slammed on his face. Its always DA priority over crit.
+1

#21 TwinkieAddict

TwinkieAddict

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

From what I remember:
pre-renewal had crit > DA
but renewal is crit < DA for priority.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

From what I remember:
pre-renewal had crit > DA
but renewal is crit < DA for priority.

wouldn't that mean chick hat is worthless on a crit sin?

#23 TwinkieAddict

TwinkieAddict

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

depends on what you are going for in renewal. If you want 100% hit, then yes. If you are going for max damage potential, then no.
As for pre-renewal I remember avoiding crit like the plague on my rogue cuz it messed with my double attacks.

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

depends on what you are going for in renewal. If you want 100% hit, then yes. If you are going for max damage potential, then no.
As for pre-renewal I remember avoiding crit like the plague on my rogue cuz it messed with my double attacks.

No, it didn't, people just thought it did, like that guy posting earlier.

You avoided crit because half of it was wasted due to double attack.

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 December 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

My video was taken on classic, but I know also that the case is the same on renewal.

This has always been this way, it's never changed.

DA > crit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users