"A crash has been detected by BugTrap" - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

"A crash has been detected by BugTrap"

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 rebenitowew

rebenitowew

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Exception Reason
dragonsaga.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files\Gravity\DragonSaga\Release\dragonsaga.exe" at 001B:00FAAF90, std::_Init_locks::operator=()+2338865 byte(s)

is There any way to fix this Bugtrap ?
could anyone know how to fix this problem issues because i really want to play this Dragon Saga but i cant coz of this bugtraps..
Help me Please--

#2 PiggyNate

PiggyNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

re install??? mostly that works for about anything >.> .... ( kinda lame way of solution, but heck yeah )

#3 rebenitowew

rebenitowew

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

i already tried to reinstall it but still getting this game crash and receiving bug trap reports ..
any other suggestion or solution .. i really want to play help please !

#4 PiggyNate

PiggyNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

how frequent is ur bug traps reports? if it's like few hours once or 1 or 2 hours or so, not u log in straight bug trap, it's kinda normal actually....

#5 freakingwilly

freakingwilly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I get the same error. Log in, BugTrap. I really don't have the patience to wait another five hours to re-install everything. The merging process takes ages, regardless of your computer build.

EDIT: Found the culprit. Seems to be a corrupt xml.dat file in the installation folder. DragonSaga wouldn't work on my PC, but it did on my laptop. Did a full copy of the installation folder from my laptop and ran tests by copying one file from the good install over to my PC. Everything kept giving me bug traps, until I copied the xml.dat file into the installation folder. Now the game boots and plays normally.

Unfortunately, deleting/renaming the xml.dat file will cause the patcher to fail and prompt you to reinstall the game. I can't attach it to this post because the upload limit on My Media is only 500KB whereas the file is 17MB.

Scratch that, here's a few links to download the working file.

MediaFire - Forgot about MediaFire. Thanks for the tip MsNakita!

WikiUpload - Not sure how long this will stay up since it was a free upload.

4Shared - Need a 4shared account to download, it's free to sign up and they don't spam. This link should be more permanent.

Copy the file to your installation folder where the Patcher.exe file is located. Hopefully this will correct your problem.

Edited by freakingwilly, 01 January 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#6 MsNakita

MsNakita

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Locationಥ⌣ಥ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:/Dragon Saga/

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

will test this in a few mins, can I re-upload this on mediafire? just for extra mirrors.

anyways hoping for a fix for this one:

bug trap: ACCESS VIOLATION error

dragonsaga.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga\Release\dragonsaga.exe" at 001B:00FCE2B1, std::_Init_locks::operator=()+2483026 byte(s)

EAX=00000091 EBX=0012FB6C ECX=00000000 EDX=004908F0
ESI=2904FC8C EDI=2904F568 FLG=00210246
EBP=0012FB1C ESP=0012F9C4 EIP=00FCE2B1
CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=003B GS=0000

Posted Image

Edited by MsNakita, 01 January 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#7 freakingwilly

freakingwilly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

will test this in a few mins, can I re-upload this on mediafire? just for extra mirrors.

dragonsaga.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga\Release\dragonsaga.exe" at 001B:00FCE2B1, std::_Init_locks::operator=()+2483026 byte(s)

I've modified the original post and added a MediaFire mirror (with credit given, of course). Your error seems to be different than the one myself and a few others have been having.

Exception Reason
dragonsaga.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files\Gravity\DragonSaga\Release\dragonsaga.exe" at 001B:00FAAF90, std::_Init_locks::operator=()+2338865 byte(s)

This has been the more common error that I have been seeing on the forums as well as the Facebook page. Have you tried using my xml.dat file yet? I'd love to get some input just to see if it's a working solution or not. If my math is right, my xml.dat file should cover the data range where you are also having problems.

Edited by freakingwilly, 01 January 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#8 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

The problem is different for each client I've got 5 clients and they all break/patch wrong in different areas.

#9 freakingwilly

freakingwilly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

The problem is different for each client I've got 5 clients and they all break/patch wrong in different areas.

5 clients? That's a whole lot of DragonSaga!

Nevertheless, what you say is indeed true. However, if you have a clean xml.dat file, then you shouldn't run into the problem, right? That's why I uploaded mine for everybody else to try. I never guaranteed that it would work for everybody, but it certainly worked for me and I hope it works for others. After my fifteen minute headache, I ended up creating an "xml backup.dat" file just in case it corrupts again.

#10 SpidaMunkeh

SpidaMunkeh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I get the same error. Log in, BugTrap. I really don't have the patience to wait another five hours to re-install everything. The merging process takes ages, regardless of your computer build.

EDIT: Found the culprit. Seems to be a corrupt xml.dat file in the installation folder. DragonSaga wouldn't work on my PC, but it did on my laptop. Did a full copy of the installation folder from my laptop and ran tests by copying one file from the good install over to my PC. Everything kept giving me bug traps, until I copied the xml.dat file into the installation folder. Now the game boots and plays normally.

Unfortunately, deleting/renaming the xml.dat file will cause the patcher to fail and prompt you to reinstall the game. I can't attach it to this post because the upload limit on My Media is only 500KB whereas the file is 17MB.

4Shared - Need a 4shared account to download, it's free to sign up and they don't spam. This link should be more permanent.

Copy the file to your installation folder where the Patcher.exe file is located. Hopefully this will correct your problem.

I wish you would do a Step-By-Step of this.. I'm not good at this stuff :/

#11 MsNakita

MsNakita

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Locationಥ⌣ಥ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:/Dragon Saga/

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

5 clients? That's a whole lot of DragonSaga!

Nevertheless, what you say is indeed true. However, if you have a clean xml.dat file, then you shouldn't run into the problem, right? That's why I uploaded mine for everybody else to try. I never guaranteed that it would work for everybody, but it certainly worked for me and I hope it works for others. After my fifteen minute headache, I ended up creating an "xml backup.dat" file just in case it corrupts again.

I only have the access violation error atm.. and too bad the xml.file wasn't able to fix it.. @@
my last resort was to copy a working client from a friend.. :(

I wanted to upload a client mirror, but 2.6 GB is a bit too much for any file hosting sites i know.. not to mention the sizes of DS files are way beyond 200MB which is the limit for mediafire.. @@

#12 joannakueh

joannakueh

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Exception reason:
DragonSaga.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Users\User\Documents\DragonSaga\Release\DragonSaga.exe" at 001B:00F072D0, std::_Init_locks::operator=()+2335457 byte(s)

even i redo the xml.dat file, still crash... any solution?

#13 kizzlemon

kizzlemon

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

thank you for this, fixed my problem.

#14 FrozenMillennia

FrozenMillennia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Exception reason:
DragonSaga.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Users\User\Documents\DragonSaga\Release\DragonSaga.exe" at 001B:00F072D0, std::_Init_locks::operator=()+2335457 byte(s)

even i redo the xml.dat file, still crash... any solution?

I have the same error as this disciple of Dragons

#15 Sindri68

Sindri68

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

i downloaded the xml file but it still crashes, please help.

#16 Sindri68

Sindri68

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Bump. I really want to play the game but damn.. until now i still can't fix it. Please Help. Mods, anyone?

#17 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Bump. I really want to play the game but damn.. until now i still can't fix it. Please Help. Mods, anyone?

Reinstall and hope it works?

#18 Sindri68

Sindri68

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Reinstall and hope it works?

Tried that once, trying it now for the second time.

Another problem. DL stops at 50% ish. A file fails to download. Do i need to restart the whole patching process? Damn the first 50% took me 4 hours to patch only to stop :(

EDIT: Additionally, @StormHaven, I would appreciate it if you have a link for manual download for the latest version, 0.2.53 if i'm not mistaken. I'm currently manual-downloading 0.2.50, but I'm 50% sure that patching will fail at some point.

Edited by Sindri68, 20 March 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#19 PiggyNate

PiggyNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

just noticed this part..... 10 days later ._. , been busy, is the issue solved or what?
if not , just try alternative files around the forums, it will help

#20 SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Posted Image

I've been getting this same problem. Reinstall and alternates don't work.
Could someone either upload a working 2.58 or something? Because I don't see this problem getting solved anytime soon.

#21 jjustaminute

jjustaminute

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

HELPPPP THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME!! 

#22 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

As far as I know/been told, the bug trap has been a known bug.  Not everyone experiences it. My recommendation is that you reinstall and patch fully. Make sure you don't run into any errors and go into the game.

#23 Lujia

Lujia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationPilipinas
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

As far as I know/been told, the bug trap has been a known bug.  Not everyone experiences it. My recommendation is that you reinstall and patch fully. Make sure you don't run into any errors and go into the game.

I reinstall the client like 5 times and bugtrap thing is still happening within 30min~hour of playing the game.

mostly it happens on loading screen
(I think dragon saga eats a lot of memory in the computer so it happens) just a thought.

Bugtrap has been there even on Dragonica Korea hosted by Nexon Korea and all Dragonica/DragonSaga has it.

Temporary solution?
Restart Client:

•  Before and after F7
  •  Before entering Dungeons (Vancliff,Drakos,Black claw nest etc etc)
  •  Before and after spamming F1(Gold farming) \

just Restart the client if you will do something important.

#24 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

I reinstall the client like 5 times and bugtrap thing is still happening within 30min~hour of playing the game.

mostly it happens on loading screen
(I think dragon saga eats a lot of memory in the computer so it happens) just a thought.

Bugtrap has been there even on Dragonica Korea hosted by Nexon Korea and all Dragonica/DragonSaga has it.

Temporary solution?
Restart Client:

•  Before and after F7
  •  Before entering Dungeons (Vancliff,Drakos,Black claw nest etc etc)
  •  Before and after spamming F1(Gold farming) \

just Restart the client if you will do something important.

Then I guess the issue is a bit more deeper.

Thanks for the info Lujia.

#25 Lujia

Lujia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationPilipinas
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

Years has passed and they change their login System/Client for upgrade.

Nexon Korea / Japan /GNJoy Korea has it.

Maybe its worth a try that might be the answer removing the annoying bug.

as I research on Bugtrap in DS Korea not a single bugtrap report has been posted on their blog.

On their Official website there is a login 

• You need to install active X (Sadly need to use IE to install the ActiveX) 
  • You need to Login
  • Once the Active X is installed you need to press the "Game Start" button on their website

-The launcher will appear and patch,after the patcher is done you will proceed on selecting server  

As I notice you cant open the launcher if you dont login on the official website.

(you cant open the Dragonsaga.exe on the release folder) a little bit diff on the common login system.

5hNB3.jpg

Edited by Lujia, 13 November 2013 - 06:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users