#1 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

SO I have decided to go BB/IB till level 135 after which I roll to DB/Hundred Spear Build for War/MVP/PVE

My confusion regarding this build is that following it means I cannot max endure at lvl 10 as I am used to with a spear based build. Also, Is Spiral pierce really needed to level when you are following a BB Build ?

Lastly, can some experienced LK please post a RK BB/IB skill build in a skill sim for me please ? I dont want to mess up .

#2 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I've decided this skill set for me( same IB/BB build ) : http://irowiki.org/~...SHOeAcFrDqnsNIn

#3 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

one of my friends created this skill set : http://irowiki.org/~...SHOeAaFqQrkjaIn

apparently, it includes IB & DB & HS..but it misses out major portion of Rune Mastery & 3 lvls of Dragon Training !

Can anyone explain why this skill set isn't followed widely ?? & will it be good for PvM & occasional PvP/MvP purpose ?( no WoE )

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Endure maxed isn't a must, especially not for PVM. Clashing Spiral is the strongest single target attack of an LK, but hundred spears out damages it as RK (unless maybe if you are on strings...). If you are mainly AOE leveling with BB/IB, you do not need clashing spiral. Do note that clashing spiral maxed will give more bonus damage to hundred spears.

Missing 2 levels of dragon training is a huge loss on DB damage. Any build with DB really should have DB and dragon training maxed. Rune Mastery is also really useful. This is why most people only use builds with 2 of the skills out of the 3 (Hundred Spears, Dragon Breath, Ignition Break) and not all three.

#5 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Yes Ash21 - I found your build while looking through the swordsmen forum , It was a nice reference :)
@kasshin - I see, Endure doesnt last its full timer for me anyway while PVMing so lvl 8 isnt bad I guess. When I re reoll to DB/HS build - I can get max endure. I suppose I can switch between Concentration and Endure for a continuous endure like effect.

I will mostly be AOE levelling till I get DB/HS after which I would also like MVP a lot. This would be my first time with a BB build- I used to always play a spear Knight - never a 2 H swords Knight.

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

After rebirth you will have access to Spear Dynamo, which has no cooldown and can be recast immediately. You can use level 1 spear dynamo (choose the level) for mobbing and for the endure effect, and use level 5 spear dynamo when you need the HIT boost.

BB / IB build is quite effective at MVPing as well. Actually, its single target DPS may actually be faster than HS due to the long cooldown of HS. Both IB and BB are aoe skills but you can still use it as single target DPS against MVPs.

DB is the best skill for killing ghost MVPs, and is most effective when under strings (removing the skill cooldown). It is definitely possible to make a BB / IB build that also has maxed DB + dragon training (DB / IB build as opposed to DB / HS build). DB is always fully fire element so it is normally recommend to have either IB or HS for dealing with monsters / MVPs immune or resistant to fire.

#7 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

one of my friends created this skill set : http://irowiki.org/~...SHOeAaFqQrkjaIn

apparently, it includes IB & DB & HS..but it misses out major portion of Rune Mastery & 3 lvls of Dragon Training !

Can anyone explain why this skill set isn't followed widely ?? & will it be good for PvM & occasional PvP/MvP purpose ?( no WoE )

Good thing you catch that. RK will be crap without having the ability to use runes. You're gonna have to sacrafice one of those skills for runes. Get at least lv 9 runes.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Dragon Training needs to be maxed for DB, it adds damage!

Rune mastery should be at least level 9 as well - the lvl 9 rune, Verkana, is incredibly useful in WoE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users