Password Reset - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Password Reset

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Since you guys did the iRO-wide password reset I have not been able to reset my passwords. I do NOT have a junkmail filter on my email that I use for RO.

It's a private email that I only use for business/online-payment related accounts, such as game subscriptions, paypal and ebay. I have never had a junkmail filter on or applied at any time.

Other players have told me that they had to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours to get the email, however I have been trying for a WEEK now and I still have no emails.

Since a junkmail filter is ruled out, why am I not getting the password reset emails?

#2 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

So I submitted a ticket and this is the half-assed response I got to it.

Thank you for your inquiry,

We are sorry to hear of any issue experienced with the recovery of the account in question. Due to a recent outbreak of brute force attacks on RO Game accounts; all Rangarok Online game accounts had their passwords reset. Please note that game accounts must now be registered to a Warp Portal account in order to retrieve the password. Because of this we have now bound all game accounts listed in this ticket; that have not yet been bound to a warp portal account and all game accounts related to this warp portal account to this warp portal account. Please use the warp portal website to change the password to the game account in question.

As the game accounts are now bound to the warp portal account the website will automatically fill in the requested information.

To retrieve the password/account name linked to an account.

Note: We recommend that any game account password be at least 7 characters in length and contain a mixture of numbers, letters, and symbols with randomized capitalization in order to be most secure.

1. Log in/Register to http://warpportal.com.

2. Goto the lost password page found here: https://www.warpport...mepassword.aspx
2b. Lost Account ID Page: https://www.warpport...ameaccount.aspx

3. Enter all information as prompted.

4. An email will be sent to the email address registered to the account.

5. Open the link in the email. You will now be able to set a new password for the account.

For a more in depth article on how to retrieve a game accounts password please view the knowledge base article here: https://support.warp...BSearchID=62844

Thank you for your support of Ragnarok Online. If you have any other questions please feel free to submit another ticket and we will be happy to assist you.

Michael
Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

Please do not reply to this email. Using the reply function will result in the WarpPortal support team not recieving your reply. In order to respond, please log in to the WarpPortal Support Site and reply to this ticket.

Can you actually ready my ticket next time instead of ignoring every thing I said and copy-pasting a generic reply to it? Your reply did not help me at all.

Allow me to clear some things up.

1. I am not stupid

2. I am well aware of how to navigate the warpportal website

3. I am well aware of how to reach the password reset page

4. I am not stupid

5. I have submitted SEVERAL password reset forms over the course of a week now

6. There is NO -I REPEAT NO- junkmail filter on my email

7. I am NOT getting the email

8. I am not stupid

I'm just going to submit another ticket and hope the response I get next time isn't as stupid and negligent.

Edited by trljason, 12 October 2010 - 10:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users