Zuly drain via 'Elite' NPC shop - Page 3 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Zuly drain via 'Elite' NPC shop

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 irlalalo

irlalalo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

People would bump their prices up to try to compensate for the % they would get taken out. I've seen it happen in other games with larger communities. Imagine what this small one would do.

The aim of tax is to remove excess zully from the game, not to help poor players become rich. 10% doesn't affect low level trades much, and if they need money, they can always put in some effort to farm. It's just a game, increase in price will not cause people to starve to death nor have any negative effect on their persons. One set of honor gear is currently 2b-2.5b (non hawker set), players bumping up prices will mean what? 2.2b - 2.725b? Is this few hundred mils significant? In my opinion not much.

Anyway, it's a free market based game economy. Players may bump up the price artificially in the short-run, but as money supply decrease, prices will have to come down to realistic levels eventually. The market will always fix itself.

#52 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Funny how some of the ppl who are posting to reduce zulies in this thread, are the very same ppl who have tons of zulies and costumes worth billions...

I have costumes worth billions. Im not sure what point you're hoping to make with that Sam. I have tons of costumes that I've farmed to get(or sold im--or in some really cool cases awesome people have gifted me). Who cares about the economy does not really matter. Do you know what happens to costumes worth billions if there is less zuly in the game. No one pays the stupid prices and the prices deflate when the owner of said item really wants to sell it.

It means im prices go back down, other stupid prices go back down. Think of it like a real currency. If they were to just generate a lot of any currency, the worth of that currency would go down compared to what it was...And it would look like prices go up as people try to balance out the declining currency. Same with the zuly. As the game gets more and more, each zuly is worth 'less' and you need more to buy something you want.

#53 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

I have costumes worth billions. Im not sure what point you're hoping to make with that Sam. I have tons of costumes that I've farmed to get(or sold im--or in some really cool cases awesome people have gifted me). Who cares about the economy does not really matter. Do you know what happens to costumes worth billions if there is less zuly in the game. No one pays the stupid prices and the prices deflate when the owner of said item really wants to sell it.

It means im prices go back down, other stupid prices go back down. Think of it like a real currency. If they were to just generate a lot of any currency, the worth of that currency would go down compared to what it was...And it would look like prices go up as people try to balance out the declining currency. Same with the zuly. As the game gets more and more, each zuly is worth 'less' and you need more to buy something you want.

You want IM prices to go down, and other stupid prices to go down, but at the same time you say you have billions in costumes hmmm.. TBH the only prices besides sagis i see in market that are OP are just mostly costumes... gear is still around the same price... 500-800mil for 15s... and as for epics... well the prices on those go up and down depending on which class is popular at the time...

#54 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

You want IM prices to go down, and other stupid prices to go down, but at the same time you say you have billions in costumes hmmm.. TBH the only prices besides sagis i see in market that are OP are just mostly costumes... gear is still around the same price... 500-800mil for 15s... and as for epics... well the prices on those go up and down depending on which class is popular at the time...

Are these prices quoted from Draconis? Cause majority of +15 epics in Leonis is around 800-1.5b. In some cases more.

#55 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Having billions in costumes doesn't mean I have an endless supply of Zuly. Most costume pieces I won't ever sell. And the honor gear is the same price because its not as effected by im other then the refine part of it.. If you don't think those prices will creep up eventually though---I'd be willing to bet otherwise. And btw, someone was saying the other day that they have started to go up.. People are offering 300-350m for clean(or selling for those prices) which a few months ago was 200-250m. Not a drastic change..sucks though if you're a noob and farming doesn't reward much. And don't forget about all the rerolled gear people use on their characters. Rerolled im gear. Backsheilds, face masks, hats, etc.

This is to close the gap between the rich and the poor not widen it..

#56 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Are these prices quoted from Draconis? Cause majority of +15 epics in Leonis is around 800-1.5b. In some cases more.

The prices are for armors, not epics.

#57 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Feuer - Have you been to Leonis? The prices for epics +15 are over 1 bill and some are up to 4 bill in shops.

And even the "rich" people of Rose have opinions Azul. And a lot of them, though they take advantage of the high prices, understand that they economy on Leonis is insane.

First time players that want to enter into PVP matches and even some dungeons are at such a disadvantage. I know a few people that came into the game through Steam have quit because they can't compete. They do not have the zulie to buy the gear or weapons they need at max level and they are at a real disadvantage in CD since they are not fully geared. So CD is miserable for them and they quit. That will not help keep the game of Rose viable. And we need more players, not less, to keep the game going.

#58 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Mom, my mains are all on Leonis, I only have 5 or 6 alts on Draconis. Majority of the time, I don't even log Draco anymore unless it's just to mess around. Good to know my vanishing act is going well though, been trying to stay under everyone radar lately lol.

#59 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Feuer - Have you been to Leonis? The prices for epics +15 are over 1 bill and some are up to 4 bill in shops.

And even the "rich" people of Rose have opinions Azul. And a lot of them, though they take advantage of the high prices, understand that they economy on Leonis is insane.

First time players that want to enter into PVP matches and even some dungeons are at such a disadvantage. I know a few people that came into the game through Steam have quit because they can't compete. They do not have the zulie to buy the gear or weapons they need at max level and they are at a real disadvantage in CD since they are not fully geared. So CD is miserable for them and they quit. That will not help keep the game of Rose viable. And we need more players, not less, to keep the game going.

Actually the prices i posted were regarding armors not epics.

#60 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

You said that already lol.

#61 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Guess i wasnt clear the first time. :)

#62 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

regardless, my point still stands..that armor is going up in price too, just slower.

#63 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

regardless, my point still stands..that armor is going up in price too, just slower.

Always right to the point... *_*

#64 DVNT2

DVNT2

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I like the custom items at high price and tax idea based on percentage of item sold. The tax workaround would be simply doing a player to player trade and not via vending. Taxing all money trades and vending would fix that but that has other drawbacks to consider.

Another zulie sink idea is an NPC that will spawn a boss for a very large sum of money. That boss some some chance of dropping a good item or medallion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users