Ragnarok Online 2 - Page 8 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Online 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#176 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

RO2 will have English Language voice tracks at launch.

I hope that the English voice actors love RO themselves and do an outstanding work ^^;

Voice acting is a very important part of game/movie for me, as it goes far past "saying words and keeping the meaning" but good game/anime/movie directors make the voice a part of their characters. And dubbing is a touchy subject of love-hate with purists/people who preffer english.

Personally, I dislike english and spanish dubbing, so an option to switch between English-Original vopice would be super.

#177 SinWeasel

SinWeasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO2 - Odin

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

That will be good, and I agree Kadnya, but I would be fine with sub as long as I know what there saying Im ok with that, but if it is English dub I hope it is done right

I guess the WoW world is bigger than YOU think... lol. WoW has pservers too =\.

I know how big WOW is Ive played it when it first lunched ive even beta tested it, but the amount of WOW privet servers is nothing compared to RO, cuz u have to have a pretty high end rig to run wow and be able to support the amount of ppl playing it. Ive ran one before and its not that simple of a game to upkeep. RO u dont really need high end rig for ive ran a few privet servers in my day and GMed allot more.

#178 Temp3MonthAcct

Temp3MonthAcct

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 649 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

I hope that the English voice actors love RO themselves and do an outstanding work ^^;

Voice acting is a very important part of game/movie for me, as it goes far past "saying words and keeping the meaning" but good game/anime/movie directors make the voice a part of their characters. And dubbing is a touchy subject of love-hate with purists/people who preffer english.

Personally, I dislike english and spanish dubbing, so an option to switch between English-Original vopice would be super.

To add to this: if you have a subtitle option (for people with hearing impairment, or people playing with no sound), but you DON'T have an option for switching the language of the audio, that's just lazy. Especially considering you're not squeezing this game onto a DVD. It always bugs me when games leave out this crucial feature.

#179 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Oh damn. I know the version I played, while in english, all the voice tracks were not and thus you never knew wtf was going on.

#180 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think WarpPortal's going all out on this one. After all, RO2 is the most important game that they've hosted since... well... probably RO.

Since it was taken out early in the original RO, it would've been nice to have a day/night + weather system in RO2. Maybe in the future?

#181 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Be nice to have english dub cause even some video clips on some others havnt done that hell on the english server some arnt even sub titled >_<

#182 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Will it be as bad as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJ_SR09VmQ

#183 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Will it be as bad as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJ_SR09VmQ

Wow, that sounds like Laura Bailey(eh, VA of Tohru Honda, Lust in FMA, Oichi in Sengoku Basara?) before she became somewhat okay with voice acting. Somehow I doubt we'll be actually getting renowned english VAs for RO2 though.

Fatal Frame might as well be the pinnacle of VGVA fail.

Edited by Sacriel, 09 April 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#184 mitxgg

mitxgg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationUnknown
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

I think WarpPortal's going all out on this one. After all, RO2 is the most important game that they've hosted since... well... probably RO.

Since it was taken out early in the original RO, it would've been nice to have a day/night + weather system in RO2. Maybe in the future?

I really hope that they do go all out. Not to mention, learning from the fatal mistakes seaRO2 has made.

#185 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Bad-quality image aside, I was hoping for a job-neutral outfit for my RO loyalty. Like the angel or demon set. This is kind of disappointing.

http://www.facebook....489385077777716

Edited by ZeroTigress, 10 April 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#186 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Bad-quality image aside, I was hoping for a job-neutral outfit for my RO loyalty. Like the angel or demon set. This is kind of disappointing.

http://www.facebook....489385077777716

I agree. Though I'm guessing they're trying to stay away from competing with their own cash shop, since you can get angel and demon there. I believe this costume is actually a reward given out for getting the highest rank within the Prontera Church Union, so it won't conflict with cash shop purchases?

I want a Novice costume. So bad. That would've been the perfect RO loyalty gift.

Edited by Sacriel, 10 April 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#187 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I really hope that they do go all out. Not to mention, learning from the fatal mistakes seaRO2 has made.

It would appear they're taking it very seriously with all the work they've been saying they've been doing.

I have but two requests of WP for RO2 launch. No ridiculous CDs for Resurrection skills, and make costumes permanent. Everything else, I have faith that WP will do the right thing.

#188 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

B>RO1 High Wizard costume, these modern MMO costumes look like nonsense.

And then they make one and put it at 1% in whatever RO2's version of a lucky box is. :p_sick:

#189 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

some of the wizard costumes look good tho say when you get to payon and beyond the wizard one looks good the sorc ones on other hand makes you look like some sort of flower fairy hybrid ~_~

http://img853.images...e2013010622.jpg

#190 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yay, turtles...

http://www.facebook....631542746861573

How about RO's armored Pecos instead? Those are way better than turtles.

#191 mitxgg

mitxgg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationUnknown
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Turtles aren't that bad, it's free anyway! (: What's bothering me more are those Saintess Costumes, I certainly do not want my character to look like a priest. Totally agreeing with Sacriel on the Novice Costume. Novice is the iconic class of RO and it is right that it symbolizes the return of old RO players, not some Saintess robe. Hope they'll look into this one :/

#192 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

The thing is WarpPortal only has access to whatever kRO2 has already done. If there's no Novice costume on the kRO2 servers, it's not likely there'll be one on our server.

kRO2 should give us a Novice costume or implement something into the game that lets us become one. I'm fine with either.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 10 April 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#193 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

The thing is WarpPortal only has access to whatever kRO2 has already done. If there's no Novice costume on the kRO2 servers, it's not likely there'll be one on our server.

kRO2 should give us a Novice costume or implement something into the game that lets us become one. I'm fine with either.

Yea. Unfortunately I'm quite sure there is no novice costume. But at least we know they're developing new content. I remember when I logged onto kRO2 6 months ago it was really empty, but then I logged on in February and kRO2 is lively again. I suppose knowing that Gravity isn't going to just let RO2 flop with these updates coming out makes a big difference. Man I hope WoE will be multi-castle/ownership. I'll be really sad if they turn WoE into just a GvG deathmatch/KotH/CTF.

#194 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Yay, turtles...

http://www.facebook....631542746861573

How about RO's armored Pecos instead? Those are way better than turtles.

Actually, there are armored Pecos! In kRO2, you can buy them from the same vendor that sells normal Peco mounts for twice the price. If you're a Knight/Warrior, it's a must!

#195 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

B>RO1 High Wizard costume, these modern MMO costumes look like nonsense.

And then they make one and put it at 1% in whatever RO2's version of a lucky box is. :p_sick:

The mage/wizard lvl 25-35 armor is basically the High Wizard armor.

In light of the fact that every class ends up wearing the same thing towards the endgame even with the multiple sets, they should really just make costume version of ALL the armor, or make it so you can turn anything equippable into a costume.

#196 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Actually, there are armored Pecos! In kRO2, you can buy them from the same vendor that sells normal Peco mounts for twice the price. If you're a Knight/Warrior, it's a must!

I was more referring to the RO loyalty reward.

#197 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

They are doing english voice overs for launch with "Anime/Game" voice actors heard alot before...
I guess this means there will be Steve Blum.

#198 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

And Vic Mignogna.

#199 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

I call Johnny Yong Bosch doing Assassin Cross Eremes. Though it definitely wouldn't be my first choice, it just seems all the "cool", badass types get voiced by him.

#200 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

@Sacriel
doesnt WoW have a function to use armors as skins that would be nice on ro2 in future cause there are some mage wiz sets i liked as well >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users