Questions: Alchemist -> Genetics - Page 2 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions: Alchemist -> Genetics

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Amistr > Sera = No idea, i havent tested yet, prefer vanil for Sera.

Yes, you need to evolve the Amistr to get Bloodlust, also it need to reach a certain intimacy to get the skill, so is not enough with just evolving him, you will need to wait till he be Loyal to get it.

#27 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Another question mates: is Amistr -> Sera viable?
And MUST I evolve my Amistr in order to get his "ultimate" skill Bloodlust?

It's viable. It's not an ideal combination, but it is viable.

You always need to evolve your homun in order to change to homun S. But if you want bloodlust (which you do, otherwise why are you starting with an amistr?), you need to get it to loyal after evolving it and before changing it to homun S.

Also note - once you change to genetic, your homun can level past 99. It is very important that you don't let that happen until your homun is homun S, because stat growth is MUCH higher as homun S - mentioned this because you'd likely be genetic with 99 homun well before it gets bloodlust.

#28 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

It's viable. It's not an ideal combination, but it is viable.

You always need to evolve your homun in order to change to homun S. But if you want bloodlust (which you do, otherwise why are you starting with an amistr?), you need to get it to loyal after evolving it and before changing it to homun S.

Yeah, I figured his Bloodlust is pretty much a must. And the HP leech effect is nice. It's pretty sour I've to get him to loyal all over again but oh well, I went though so much trouble getting the "right" embryo. His stats gain per level is- or was pre-renewal- in the excellent - amazing barracks, using DoddlerRO's tool. I've no idea how to calculate find out his how he's doing now though.

I haven't transcended yet 'cause I want to evolve Ami and get his Bloodlust first.
Sure, I could do so as a Biochem but I just want to get it over with so I can focus on reaching 99 as fast as possible later.

Also note - once you change to genetic, your homun can level past 99. It is very important that you don't let that happen until your homun is homun S, because stat growth is MUCH higher as homun S - mentioned this because you'd likely be genetic with 99 homun well before it gets bloodlust.

I figured as much on my own but I wasn't so sure. Thanks for clarifying it. :D

#29 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Oh, this is a pre-renewal homun?

Check his skill window. Sometimes pre-renewal homuns have the loyalty skill for free due to a bug (or have some other loyalty skill)

#30 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Yes he is.
Unfortunate he hasn't been bugged. That would have saved me countless days. :pif:

Edited by Zeraphim, 18 January 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#31 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

My questions just keep on popping up, sorry.

Is 100 VIT status immunity mandatory for PvM/MvP (if it applies to MvPs that is)?
Not sure if AGI would be much better as it rarely helped my Sorc who sits at 120 AGi with 365-ish flee, or something along those lines.

Should my build, as a Genetics, be something like 90 STR, INT, DEX, 100-ish VIT and about ~40/41 LUK?
If that's correct, what should I pump to 90 first?

Edited by Zeraphim, 18 January 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#32 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

My questions just keep on popping up, sorry.

Is 100 VIT status immunity mandatory for PvM/MvP (if it applies to MvPs that is)?

Pretty much, yes. Especially for MVPs, they have a high chance of stunning you and they're not afraid to use it (often). You'll also need high vitality to increase your maximum HP so as to be able to withstand strong MvP attacks.

Not sure if AGI would be much better as it rarely helped my Sorc who sits at 120 AGi with 365-ish flee, or something along those lines.

Agility (for a geneticist) has no place when you want to PvM effectively (handle groups of monsters) or be able to withstand strong MvP attacks (Although there are a few exceptions that depend on your flee/perfect dodge).

If you want high flee and attack speed, choose Eira as your homunculus S companion. That way, you can have 500 flee and 189 attack speed while still retaining your battle effectiveness (You can have your cake, and eat it too).

Should my build, as a Genetics, be something like 90 STR, INT, DEX, 100-ish VIT and about ~40/41 LUK?
If that's correct, what should I pump to 90 first?

More strength, more intelligence. Doesn't matter what you 'pump' first, as long as you have at least 90 intelligence, 90 dexterity and some points in strength when you become a geneticist.

Oh, and stop double/triple/quad posting! Use the edit button, if you want to add something.

Edited by ShiveringShadows, 18 January 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#33 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Yeah, you want 100 total vit (I think it works out to 96+4). Status immunity works versus MVPs (as long as you're equal to or higher than the MVP level, like all status immunity in renewal).

Glad to see that my recommendation for getting 41 base luk is catching on. I'm amazed that we had the same AB formula since renewal, and so many people are still building 1 luk genetics because they haven't done the math.

You want 41 base luk, so with job bonus, that's 42, which is a multiple of three (luk for the purpose of atk/matk should be in multiples of three, because it gets divided by 3 and floored). Or you want 42 base luk, so 43 with bonus and 45 (multiple of 3) with BDM or Byeo.

#34 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Oh, and stop double/triple/quad posting! Use the edit button, if you want to add something.

Thanks for the help on the previous answered question, but.. isn't double posting when I'm posting the same stuff twice?
Beside, wouldn't it just be easier for the reader to just see the new question(s) instead of going back all the time and answering out of the blue, thus "double posting" themselves? I dunno, just asking.

The reason I ask so much is 'cause I poke around on the forum and find some interesting questions that has been vaguely answered and I'm an utter newbie to everything Renewal. I just want this character get done right without having to spend a fortune RL money on resets.

I could try to edit this OP so everything's on there thus making it sort of like a new "mini guide". :3

Yeah, you want 100 total vit (I think it works out to 96+4). Status immunity works versus MVPs (as long as you're equal to or higher than the MVP level, like all status immunity in renewal).

Glad to see that my recommendation for getting 41 base luk is catching on. I'm amazed that we had the same AB formula since renewal, and so many people are still building 1 luk genetics because they haven't done the math.

You want 41 base luk, so with job bonus, that's 42, which is a multiple of three (luk for the purpose of atk/matk should be in multiples of three, because it gets divided by 3 and floored). Or you want 42 base luk, so 43 with bonus and 45 (multiple of 3) with BDM or Byeo.

You're a real life saver Azzy, really. I feel like "thank you" isn't even enough... but thank you so much! :)

Edited by Zeraphim, 18 January 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#35 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for the help on the previous answered question, but.. isn't double posting when I'm posting the same stuff twice?

What he's talking about is when you reply to a thread where you already have the last reply, so you end up with two consecutive posts in a thread.

I can't say I have a problem with doing that if the two posts are separated in time and content (ex, you make one post yesterday saying thanks for the help, and another one today asking another question - honestly, this is probably more effective, since the thread would have been marked as read if we saw the thanks post yesterday, and so active forum readers wouldn't have seen the new post). If the posts are close to eachother in time, though (like bottom of first page of thread, with 3 posts from you in under 2 hours), you should make one post, and edit it if you have more to add.

I don't think the effort of turning it into a mini guide is warranted.

#36 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users