PLEASE. DO. SMTH. ABOUT. THE. ZULIE. SELLERS/SPAMMERS - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

PLEASE. DO. SMTH. ABOUT. THE. ZULIE. SELLERS/SPAMMERS

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Probly the Site Kit on the official ROSE site, or from another ROSE main server site, like jRose. They have some really awesome concept arts.

I have the fansite kit, and have done numerous searches for Rose art and those ones just never come up.

#27 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Actually, Hedean thats a good idea, mute/kick if the same line is repeated or used multiple times within a few mins. Except I've already seen one that appends the post is a series of 4 digits of numbers that changes each time he posts his spam, so those spammers would still be there.

Aside from that, shop / players can change their trade shouts each time they post it so they wouldn't need to be worried about being kicked anyway

Well, what I had in mind of how the auto mute/kick work is not what is being spammed. Rather, how frequent the chat is used in short amount of time.

In other word, I will get muted/kicked if I talk too much, be it I'm spamming or just typing very fast. Yes, it might make life hard for the talkative players, but they can always slow down or use vento or skype while playing instead.

#28 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

That would also alleviate the annoyance of the regular users that spam the crap out of the channel with copy and pasted sales pitches.

#29 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

I have the fansite kit, and have done numerous searches for Rose art and those ones just never come up.

Posted Image

#30 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Ha, I guess I'm just not searching right... thanks

#31 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

seriously omg if you do nothing i swear i will quit
-every player

They haven't done anything in damn near 10 years. pz

This is entirely untrue. Please don't exaggerate. Spammers have always been a concern of ours, but the problem is, the harsher we set the spam filter, the more it effects normal players. There was a period where everyone was getting filtered out, just from normal chat because of our implemented tolerance levels on how frequently you are allowed to send a chat message to begin with.

Measures to try to slow them down have been implemented over time, but we don't really feel the need to always make note regarding what we do as it seems to merely let them know early on, how to try to get around it.

Cant you auto mute/kick someone spamming the same chat 5+ times within a minute or something? I know its been widely used before...

The problem with that is not just zulie sellers do it. Players do it too. Learning to differentiate the two is impossible.
So, either we increase the chat spam threshold to stricter limits and it starts treating everyone who simply chats something a few times or we try working on a more improved method of minimizing their efforts. Last time we increased the threshold, the complaints were people weren't able to "talk normally."

ChampPower
To fully investigate a player who's involved in a 'zulie selling ring' takes an incredible amount of time, manpower and resources and sadly, by the time we've eliminated one, another two may appear before the final blow is laid to the first. There are more things we're concerned with in regards to how this happens and so easily, that we have more attention on, in addition to trying to quell their harmfully disruptive manners of advertisement for themselves.

Everyone, please believe me, we hate them every bit as you do, but to be in-game at all hours of the day just to ignore a player or two at a time, solves nothing. It isn't even a quick bandaid, its more like, putting a finger in a hole, on a boat made of cheese with hungry mice on board. Rather than continue to use our fingers, which we only have so many of, we would rather like the solve the cause by taking care of the rodents infesting our wonderful cheese boat. Why? Because we love our cheese boa.. I mean ROSE.

#32 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

ChampPower
To fully investigate a player who's involved in a 'zulie selling ring' takes an incredible amount of time, manpower and resources and sadly, by the time we've eliminated one, another two may appear before the final blow is laid to the first. There are more things we're concerned with in regards to how this happens and so easily, that we have more attention on, in addition to trying to quell their harmfully disruptive manners of advertisement for themselves.

True enough, but that is why you and your team better get start now. Thing has to get start somewhere for it to have a change to complete/success. If you and your team just cite the obstacles and refuse to do anything, the problem will never get solved. Eliminating one zs is better than none. Eliminating 1b Zullies from ZS is better than nothing. Eliminating 1 ZS Farmer or player who sold his/her Zullies to ZS is better siting and waiting for the non-existing solution to drop from the sky.

#33 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

This is entirely untrue. Please don't exaggerate. Spammers have always been a concern of ours, but the problem is, the harsher we set the spam filter, the more it effects normal players. There was a period where everyone was getting filtered out, just from normal chat because of our implemented tolerance levels on how frequently you are allowed to send a chat message to begin with.

Measures to try to slow them down have been implemented over time, but we don't really feel the need to always make note regarding what we do as it seems to merely let them know early on, how to try to get around it.

The problem with that is not just zulie sellers do it. Players do it too. Learning to differentiate the two is impossible.
So, either we increase the chat spam threshold to stricter limits and it starts treating everyone who simply chats something a few times or we try working on a more improved method of minimizing their efforts. Last time we increased the threshold, the complaints were people weren't able to "talk normally."

ChampPower

Everyone, please believe me, we hate them every bit as you do, but to be in-game at all hours of the day just to ignore a player or two at a time, solves nothing. It isn't even a quick bandaid, its more like, putting a finger in a hole, on a boat made of cheese with hungry mice on board. Rather than continue to use our fingers, which we only have so many of, we would rather like the solve the cause by taking care of the rodents infesting our wonderful cheese boat. Why? Because we love our cheese boa.. I mean ROSE.

You should put an option to disable language filter.

#34 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

True enough, but that is why you and your team better get start now. Thing has to get start somewhere for it to have a change to complete/success. If you and your team just cite the obstacles and refuse to do anything, the problem will never get solved. Eliminating one zs is better than none. Eliminating 1b Zullies from ZS is better than nothing. Eliminating 1 ZS Farmer or player who sold his/her Zullies to ZS is better siting and waiting for the non-existing solution to drop from the sky.

I'm not just acknowledging it, there are things being done. But as I said, if we talk about what we do to counteract it, it makes it all the more easy to get around it. The difficult part is making the process as automated as possible, without it causing harm to the player that is legitimate.

You should put an option to disable language filter.

A suggestion worth considering, but with what else we're facing right now, pretty low on the importance scale. Still, if it is easy enough, it can end up being done sooner than later. :)

#35 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

About the Chat filter I remember back in the IRC, Days often time I get kick out of a Chat room because the BOT Operator, kicks out people who made 10 consecutive posts. I am just really Talkative lolz..

Even though I am not flooding intentionally I moderate my self not to post very long sentences in chat. It still considered flooding.

Regarding the Zuilee Sellers. Do people really buy Zs from this people I think most of those sellers are just Scammers? And the way I see it they are mostly based from the philippines because I notice the Street names they are giving.

I do hope the Philippines don't get block because of this.

#36 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

ChampPower

There was (and there still is) a Shout channel which sends messages to a part of the map and is restricted to 1 shout every 30 seconds.
Then you added a Trade channel which sends messages to the whole map and has no time restriction.
Don't tell me you cannot see where the problem is.
(And don't tell me nonoby ever told you what the problem was, it was said as soon as the update came out)
Why don't you just restrict Trade messages to 1 message every 10 seconds? That would be a first step to help reducing spam in general

#37 HitBoy889

HitBoy889

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Solutions!
  • Add delay chat like 10-25 sec for every words typed (prevent spammer, seriously)
  • Built-in player block command chat (make sure everyone sees it how to do it when login especially for newbies)
  • Hire temporary in game assistants to kick/ban ZS till they gone
  • Pretend to be buyer, check logs of related suspicious trading & ban them

#38 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Solutions!

• Add delay chat like 10-25 sec for every words typed (prevent spammer, seriously)
  • Built-in player block command chat (make sure everyone sees it how to do it when login especially for newbies)
  • Hire temporary in game assistants to kick/ban ZS till they gone
  • Pretend to be buyer, check logs of related suspicious trading & ban them

1. Said it before I'll say it again anything that hinders regular players is not a solution. Personally I would find this idea a lot more annoying than the zuly spammers are.
2. /ignore. Done.
3. Manual intervention, this is about the only legitimate solution right now.
4. Fail to see what this would do, it's quite obvious who the spammers are. They're all low level characters with a stupid item in a shop selling for billions of zuly with gibberish names that name their shops after their websites and spam the chat channels. What possible reason would there be to check logs?

#39 HitBoy889

HitBoy889

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

1. Said it before I'll say it again anything that hinders regular players is not a solution. Personally I would find this idea a lot more annoying than the zuly spammers are.
2. /ignore. Done.
3. Manual intervention, this is about the only legitimate solution right now.
4. Fail to see what this would do, it's quite obvious who the spammers are. They're all low level characters with a stupid item in a shop selling for billions of zuly with gibberish names that name their shops after their websites and spam the chat channels. What possible reason would there be to check logs?

1. You would prefer to see player able to type same words in 10+ row within a sec, HUH? You probably one of the spammers in town.
2. Player chat filter is necessary, atm most everyone is using third party tool which is STUPID.
3. Unfortunately our GM is not too active in game, unless you have better IDEA to stop ZS from spamming?
4. All the zulies coming from 1 source or same individual, even ZS made 100 chars with different IPs to move his zulies once you found one of his char it's easily to track him down. GOT IT?

#40 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

You said 10 to 25 seconds, try chatting with someone when you can only type something every 10 seconds.
You honestly think they sell billions and billions of zuly and it all comes from one player? Do you even understand how these businesses work? Trust me when I say it doesn't come from one player or even a couple, if it did these things would have been shut down ages ago.

I've said what my idea is all along, manual intervention. If that means empowering some of the mods to be able to kick these players then so be it.

#41 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

You said 10 to 25 seconds, try chatting with someone when you can only type something every 10 seconds.
You honestly think they sell billions and billions of zuly and it all comes from one player? Do you even understand how these businesses work? Trust me when I say it doesn't come from one player or even a couple, if it did these things would have been shut down ages ago.

I've said what my idea is all along, manual intervention. If that means empowering some of the mods to be able to kick these players then so be it.

That's what I am wondering how do they get the zuilees. and Do people really buy from these scammers?

#42 HitBoy889

HitBoy889

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Dumb... obviously u never play mmo games with anti-chat spam feature before. Even old game like maplestory has it.

There are NOT many of them. Trust me, its easy to track them. One of example with a gut to sell it openly (happening today in draco):

[mod]Please don't post pictures of such things, it just advertises for them.[/mod]

Edited by Zurn, 20 January 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#43 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

I retract my original statement, why don't you just hire a volunteer GM to log in an do the kicking? Since obviously it takes too much time for the staff to log in once every few hours to kick them.

Edited by Feuer, 20 January 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#44 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Pretty sure we've had this conversation like two or three times in the last few years.

#45 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Dumb... obviously u never play mmo games with anti-chat spam feature before. Even old game like maplestory has it.

There are NOT many of them. Trust me, its easy to track them. One of example with a gut to sell it openly (happening today in draco):

And again, I give up. You're right, my apologies, I have absolutely no experience at all dealing with these people.

Edited by Zurn, 20 January 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#46 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

About the Chat filter I remember back in the IRC, Days often time I get kick out of a Chat room because the BOT Operator, kicks out people who made 10 consecutive posts. I am just really Talkative lolz..

Even though I am not flooding intentionally I moderate my self not to post very long sentences in chat. It still considered flooding.

Regarding the Zuilee Sellers. Do people really buy Zs from this people I think most of those sellers are just Scammers? And the way I see it they are mostly based from the philippines because I notice the Street names they are giving.

I do hope the Philippines don't get block because of this.

4. Game Policies
- Promoting hatred of a race, ethnic group, nation, religion, political organization or other affiliation.
Philippines eh?
Please keep it a little general punk. Mentioning a specific specific race will not help. If i use the chat spam as my only evidence basis, I'm quite sure they are using the English language. Is it valid of me to conclude that they are from English speaking countries and ban all IPs from these countries?

Edited by claw68, 22 January 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#47 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Bought gold from one of the companies selling in ROSE for a different game. They spoke very little to no english, ended up getting a refund but found out my phone bill had a 5$ charge from an out of the country call.... That's my legitimate proof. Doesn't matter what language they do/don't speak. They're and they aren't on American soil. The point is, they are a pain in the ass.

Edited by Feuer, 22 January 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#48 remmie80

remmie80

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Isn't it possible to make the ignore lists server based. So when a character gets ignored by ~50 people, his account will be automatically muted for a day/week or reported/blocked?

Edited by remmie80, 23 January 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#49 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

I like that idea, it would have to be reviewed though so no one ended up on there by mistake or because a bunch of people happened to not like on person. It does solve the problem to an extent, the other problem is that list would grow pretty fast and have to be monitored for banned accounts too.

#50 remmie80

remmie80

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, or just automatically remove the ignores after 24 hours. Probably all will not be as easy as it sounds though

Edited by remmie80, 23 January 2013 - 06:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users