• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:03 AM

Questions of curiosity follow.

So! Who else is making a Wonderswan?

If you are making a Wonderswan, what was the main reason you chose to do so?

Are you getting Arrow Vulcan as a gypsy so you can FRAPS how bad it is and send it to the GMs? Or just going with a useful skill build?

Do you think Wonderswan is the weakest 3rd class in both PvM and PVP like I do? They have a nifty sleep skill (but so does warlocks). Does this minor bit of support power justify their main attack doing 1/3 the damage of other 3rd classes that also have support skills? Thoughts?

How's your dancer leveling going? Enjoying DSing Stapo 5 time each for 0.1%?

(and yes I know the class is actually called Wanderer :lol:)

Edited by Jaye, 14 October 2010 - 04:32 AM.

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

I expected AV to perform at least a little better after GMs said they'd lower the cast time some. Seems they didn't lower it very much. Just tried using my 99/70 Gypsy who has 150+ dex solo and 50+ int and my AV cast time was so long that 1) novus in the jobchange quest could reach me before I finished casting the skill 2) it was impossible to cast while I was being attacked. Charge Arrow and Slinging arrow were much worse still, impossible to use. On top of the skill being difficult to use... get this... I can't even do enough damage to 1 shot monsters 9 levels below my level. 2 second cast time and 5 second follow through... to not even kill anything. I switched to a kingbird bow and started killing much faster with a 1 AGI DS. What the feck is the point of AV if even 1 AGI gives you better double strafe DPS than AV? The whole fecking point of AV was for VIT Gypsy to have decent DPS. I got 1 job level and got severe rainstorm and started pwning stuff with a very short charge time. :|

I did have some limited success leveling with an AGI build (did a reset) with my +10 Electric Eel weapon. It autospells AV 10, which sounds cool, if not for the fact that the chance is so low (like 5%) so its worse than waiting on raging trifecta to do any real damage to a monster.

I feel really bad for Gypsies who still need to level toward 99 :/

Edited by Jaye, 15 October 2010 - 03:02 AM.

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:20 AM

No dancers on yggdrasil? I know I have seen a few.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

Found some leveling spots for AV that make the skill somewhat usable solo, but slinging arrow and charge arrow are still unusable.

#5 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

I 1-shoted magarings and pinguculas with AV until I got SR3 (on Maestro anyway).

Edited by Crow, 25 October 2010 - 02:08 AM.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:53 AM

I was unable to do it in 1 shot on Yggdrasil. Don't have access to any +ATK gears or +% ranged gears, and had a +5 Rante. Damage was about 7.6k on a magmaring. What I ended up doing was pairing with a 99 Spearman mercenary and would have him spiral while I AV'd, creating a functional 1 shot hehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users