MayMai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

to counter the inflation that happening in iRO
i suggest,
100.000z is need to take EACH gramps quest, 50.000z for vip
and 10.000z is needed for EACH time you entering Gramp's Hunting Grouns, 5.000z for Vip

Take money from the world please, don't add them...
Gramps giving 100.000z each Hunt for VIP is a big mistake.

also make sp recovery pot buyable at NPC, this will deplete zeny quite quick... i think :"S

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Gramps giving zeny is a mistake, I'll grant you that.

There already IS a huge zeny sink, though - WoE investment. ( http://irowiki.org/w...vestment_System ). Plus, raffler may come back to remove more zeny.

I don't think targeting people doing TI's is the best way to remove zeny - though I agree that they shouldn't be a source of zeny either.

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 January 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#3 MayMai

MayMai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

well, they get easy exp, why not charging zeny for it? .... is what i think XD
but i never know about the investment system (since i just return to play again )
thanks~

#4 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

There are dozens of ways to get Zeny off of the market, the problem is that: there is being more created than can be spent. If there was going to be a way to stop inflation it would be to stop the current flood of Zeny in to the market from the F2P accounts used by bots.

This addresses the issue of botting and would only target newly created accounts.

Setting a cap on the wallet size and trade restrictions easily cuts down on the market being flooded and slowly but surely makes the items and zeny players currently have appreciate in value.

Using both ideas - better placed zeny sync and account restrictions will balance the market and return the integrity of the grind back to the game.

#5 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

zeny caps do nothing... as has been demonstrated... we have a zeny cap and people still bypass it... i kinda agree with the OP... stop giving away zeny along with the exp and EMBs as well as all the loots a person can grab during TI... why not charge zeny to do gramps TI... halve the zeny amount needed to do the quests for VIP players... and remove monster drops from TI... i DONT agree with selling SP items in NPC shops tho... new players selling strawberries is the easiest way to get zeny for gears and pots... and dont bring up eden gears since they never really introduce new players to core things like carding and upgrading... i dont even tell new players in my guild about eden gears... i would rather buy them gears to get them started than to have them never figure out how to upgrade or use cards...

#6 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Gramps giving zeny is a mistake, I'll grant you that.

There already IS a huge zeny sink, though - WoE investment. ( http://irowiki.org/w...vestment_System ). Plus, raffler may come back to remove more zeny.

I don't think targeting people doing TI's is the best way to remove zeny - though I agree that they shouldn't be a source of zeny either.

You act like it giving 100k is anything significant...

The investment might be an okay Zeny sink if 99.9% of the time there wasn't a maint to mess it up and take it away pre-maturely.

@Facekiller: You sound really nice to your guild, lol. Not telling people about free stuff will never benefit them or you.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 19 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

telling them to take the super easy route doesnt make them better players no does it make them any more knowledgeable... so id rather buy them weapons, armor, shields, garments, to get them started... all slotted so they can get early practice with upgrading and carding... i see people 99+ who are still wearing eden gears... simply because they dont know anything else...

#8 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

telling them to take the super easy route doesnt make them better players no does it make them any more knowledgeable... so id rather buy them weapons, armor, shields, garments, to get them started... all slotted so they can get early practice with upgrading and carding... i see people 99+ who are still wearing eden gears... simply because they dont know anything else...

It's okay if they get fed free gear as long as it's from you and not an NPC?

I'm not following...
As against it as some people might be (and I guess for good reason), the Raffler would really only be an effective Zeny sink if he offered either MVP cards or god items/components. Poor people wasting their money on the Raffler like last time doesn't benefit the economy at all, what needs to happen is an enticing sink for richer people.

#9 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I got all my gear before the servers merged to avoid paying massively inflated prices. I really don't believe you can fix the inflation no matter what zeny sink or idea they implement will effect server in a big way.

Edited by Riakuta, 19 January 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#10 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

zeny caps do nothing... as has been demonstrated... we have a zeny cap and people still bypass it... i kinda agree with the OP... stop giving away zeny along with the exp and EMBs as well as all the loots a person can grab during TI... why not charge zeny to do gramps TI... halve the zeny amount needed to do the quests for VIP players... and remove monster drops from TI... i DONT agree with selling SP items in NPC shops tho... new players selling strawberries is the easiest way to get zeny for gears and pots... and dont bring up eden gears since they never really introduce new players to core things like carding and upgrading... i dont even tell new players in my guild about eden gears... i would rather buy them gears to get them started than to have them never figure out how to upgrade or use cards...

How exactly did they implement a zeny cap and how was it exploited?

It's just at the point where, when referencing real fiscal policies and solutions that worked through out history everyone says "it wont work". Let alone an article from one of the worlds top Schools of Business Management by targeting the exchange rate; ig what creates the money in iRO? The players selling items to NPC's, and bots generate hundreds of times that.

#11 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

the cap is just over 2 bil zeny... and players just put the extra in the mail or on other characters to spread the zeny out...and lets get real here.... you can talk about doing this or doing that with regard to capping the zeny but that would have to go through kRO and obviously they dont have an issue with it...

#12 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

the cap is just over 2 bil zeny... and players just put the extra in the mail or on other characters to spread the zeny out...and lets get real here.... you can talk about doing this or doing that with regard to capping the zeny but that would have to go through kRO and obviously they dont have an issue with it...

The 2 bil isn't a cap that's a codec limitation.

The restriction in that regards isn't something that should require kRO approval.

And if it does require approval, that shouldn't be a reason why not to try. A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.

As for putting it on to extra characters

A NEW non VIP account only has access to 3 characters (correct me if i'm wrong), which means they would only have a cumulative total of 3m (1m character) per iRO account. In addition highest a player can trade, mail or purchase an item at is still at 1m per character.

The non VIP account would be unable to send a mail message to another player greater than 1,000,000 because their cap and if they open 3 mail messages each having 1,000,000, the additional zeny greater than 1,000,000 would be lost.

Same would be true for Vending and Trading.

So the bot who's suppose to dump their payload now draws more attention based on the number of transactions because they have to dump it more often to maintain a state of liquidity; being able to continually gather zeny with out any substantial loss due to constantly hitting 1,000,000.

Note: An implementation like this would not be retroactive.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 20 January 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#13 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

u could however make supplies for lvling etc more expensive as your level gets higher. the carrots for rudolph and the pumpkins from witch+alarm are super cheap restoratives and makes any leveling with that combo insanely cheap.

implementing such restoratives to the game makes people spend less on the expensive items like white potions (does anyone even use that?).

#14 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

u could however make supplies for lvling etc more expensive as your level gets higher. the carrots for rudolph and the pumpkins from witch+alarm are super cheap restoratives and makes any leveling with that combo insanely cheap.

implementing such restoratives to the game makes people spend less on the expensive items like white potions (does anyone even use that?).

For End Game Content using white potions aren't the best option. However for Early and Mid Game Content White Potions still serve a BIG purpose.

There isn't a transition from Red to Orange to Yellow to White that will help players move through this. Similar to what we see in J-Style RPG's as you progress you'll gain access to more powerful items as you your self becomes more powerful; a linear game experience but it has a more gradual learning curve.

So yes in a sense yes, by increasing the cost of the items as players level up will curb inflation. However the current billions that are on the market now and continue to rise due to the botting, will only give more of a reason for a (new) player to buy zeny.

If you want to cut monetary inflation due to the over saturation of currency due to the continuos printing of it... the first step regardless if you're liberal or conservative is simple, stop printing money.

#15 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

If you want to cut monetary inflation due to the over saturation of currency due to the continuos printing of it... the first step regardless if you're liberal or conservative is simple, stop printing money.

or like I said before. make the drain larger. one that cant be bypassed with botting or w/e.

wont be an easy nut to crack but its one that has to be solved in one way or the other.

#16 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Zeny is not created by the trades between other players, it's created as well as lost from the Player and NPC transactions.

The problem is players think they can only make money from selling items to other players. IF that IS the case, then the only zeny that is being added to the market is from Bots who are selling it to other players.

Think of it like this

- Was last 100m that you made was it from Vending/Trading or was it from selling items to the NPC?
- If a players play 8 hours a day making the max average 100k means over a 24 hour period they could make 800,000.
- A bot that plays for 24 hours and making the same average, could make 2,400,000 of the 24 hour period.

Now ask your self how much of YOUR zeny you goes back to NPC's from purchasing item, equipment and recovery items? Now ask your self how much of the Zeny from bots does the same?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users