Ideal gear set for Rune Knight in War of Emperium ? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ideal gear set for Rune Knight in War of Emperium ?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Can someone suggest ideal gearsets including God items and not including God items for war?(Assuming highest upgrades to be at +12)

(Also assuming that HS/DB is the preferred war Build - If I am wrong please tell me :) )

I have been suggested these items before - although , I do not know how good they are outside PVP.

+12 CEB
Umbala spirit
Robo Eyes
Brynhild/GR WoE Suit
Dev Woe Manteau/Ray Woe Manteau/+9 Devi HBP/+9 Ray HBP (Is devi good for war considering it gets 50% more damage from other elements?)
+12 Immune shield with Thara frog card.
Sleipnir/Variant shoes/+9 Superior Woe Greave/+9 Unfrozen WoE Suit.
2x KBC Water brooches or 2x KBC Ur seals or 2 Megs.
+12 Glorious Spear or Vellum Spear or +12 double king bird Gugnir.

Since, each of them will cost a lot to me- it will take me a long time to get items of such value and hence I need to know if I am proceeding the right direction . Is GR better for war or is Tao armor/Bryn better because I believe HS is used to score kills in war and not DB?

Edited by Xord, 19 January 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#2 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

+12 Ceb(Carat Carded),+12~14 Turkey On Head(Carat Carded),(If you happen to run into some Kiel Cards,let me know)
BFG[1](Incubus Carded),Black Devil's Mask,Sunglasses[1](Maya Purple Carded)
Umbala Spirit/Hankie in Mouth
+12 WoE Plate(Ghostring Carded)/(Pasana Carded)/(Tao Gunka Carded),Brynhild
Mailbreaker[3],Combat Knife-Both of these Enchanted with Spell and Dex Enchants and Mailbreaker properly carded,+12~14 Glorious Spear,Vellum Katz,+12 Vellum Spear,Mjolnir
+12 Immune/Valk Shields(Thara Frog Carded)/(Golden Thief Bug Carded)
+12 WoE Manteau(Deviling/Noxious Carded),+12 Heroic Backpack(Giant Whisper Carded),+12~14 Nid Garb
+12 WoE Greaves(Firelock Soldier Carded),Sleipnir,Variants
RWC Pendants-Spell 3 or 4 2x,Dex Enchanted,2x Megs,2x Urs Seal(Kafra Blossom Carded)(Errende Ebecee Carded)

And Dragon Breath rules war,never forget that and have a nice day/night.

P.S.-When you get all those equips,let me know and I will tell you how close you are to beating the game on a Rune Knight..Also,these equips are mainly meant for war btw.

Edited by Peerless, 20 January 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#3 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

O_O Thanks

Which is better Vellum or Glorius ? Is Deviling good in war ? Isnt that 50% extra damage from non neutral stuff kinda bad ?

When you say dex enchants - do you mean Ranged damage increase of plain DEx+1,2,3?

Is there any point to making Woe greaves and manteau +12 apart from defence increase ? I mean even +9 should suffice right . OR are there bonuses on these at 12 ?

Spell enchants improve casting DB while Range enchants increase damage. Is it better to spam lesser damage DB over higher Damage but slower cast DB ?

Well other than the God items, MVP cards (GTB, Tao, Kiel) everything else looks doable haha.
I wonder though how much do RWC pendants with those enchants may cost me. I guess I can start with a +12 Thara immune shield at the moment.

How good is Mjolnir on a RK ? Does make it Make DB damage epic ? Since I also plan on making a Genetic as well, Mjolnir might be the first God item I d aim for but that cost D:

Edited by Xord, 21 January 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#4 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

A good WOE RK is a DB RK. None of that Crush Strike bull crap. You need a +12 KVM Spear to do decent damage. Take my advice if you want to save money. Aim for +12, +13, or +14 if you have the funds. Your primary stats will consists of 120 INT and 110 or 100 VIT. Your primary task in WOE is to hurt people in precast (I mentioned primary). So let me ask you this. Is this what you want to spend your money on doing for the rest of your RO career? If yes then please proceed.

You need to invest in a +12 Turkey Hat. A combat knife for demi-human reduct with spell8 total or a triple cursing mail breaker (to cursed and break their gears by chance). A +9 woe plate with GR card if you could afford one. Not everything need to be +12 like the poster above mentioned.. unless you have the funds. If you cant afford a GR card just slap on a pecopeco card on your +9 woe plate for that additional HP that which will help your DB damage. You want to wear a +12 Cranial immune shield to tank those nasty instant fist sura or a +4 Cranial Valk Shield (This does not need to be +9 or +12 unless you have the fundings). Your best garment would be a WOE mant (for the woe plate bonus of course) and this does not need to be upgraded... Unless you feel like buying lunch for Gravity staffs. Invest 3B in a Deviling card. If you can't afford one use a Raydric card. Your WOE shoes need to be +9 with a firelock card. Your accessories can be RWC rings and pendants combo. If you want to keep the server going get two rwc boxes so that you'll have two RWC pendants. If spending money on virtual goods don't make you angry then try to perfect enchant it.

Edit: Another set that will also work very well in WOE is the enchanted and upgraded Ur's set with HP or SP enchants. SP is more preferred since it provides better DB damage. This set also increase Hundred Spear damage by 50%?? I believe.

Edited by ilovemilk, 22 January 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#5 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Vellum Spear is mainly good for Hundred Spears,if not the best at +12.You can get decent damage out of it with a +12 Urs Set with fighting spirit and attack increasing enchants.Glorious Spear is hands down the best with the skill Crushing Strike,especially at +12 or higher.It does sufficient damage with Hundred Spears as well,but not as much as +12 Vellum Spear,unless its +14 of course.I have tested both +12 Glorious Spear and Vellum Spear and Vellum seems to give me more damage.Remember,Hundred Spears is not meant to one shot,unless your dealing with baddies with sucky gear,but it does do a significant amount of damage even against a woe set.You can use this skill in war if you one vs. one or something or even couple it with a few other skills.But DB remains your best bet,especially with strings around,but Hundred Spears could be better than Dragon Breath if your opponent is rocking a fire armor,in which case,you can pop a water convert.It's really all situational though,so remember that.

Deviling is good in war for most classes,but I can say RK is one of those classes who doesn't really require it,but it is useful to have and swap with other mants when being gfisted or hibramed Cometed.Don't default it though,especially against Warlocks and Sorcerors,and get use to switching out gear.With that being said,most of the things you are being hit with thats elemental nowadays is outpottable in war with a DR on,but to be on the safe side,swap.Even better to wear it if you have a GTB shield.Both are handy things to have and are never bad though.

Dex 1,2,3 for faster casting and better hit.

Personally,thats something I would do just because I love to stack defense and also I hate odd numbers,numbers below 10,and single digit number upgrades in RO.Doesn't have to be +12,but that depends on your budget and luck.No bonuses.

Its better to spam faster DBs over time and try to get as much damage out of DB as you can with equips like High Risk armors and buffs.

Will cost alot,unless your lucky.

Its good for faster DB casting.

P.S.-Also,a great RK is one that can become more versatile when dealing with different opponents.If anyone is telling you not to aim to be one of the best,then they are telling you wrong and most likely don't try their best efforts to invest to be as good as they can be.You won't be DBing in precast all the time in war either,because there will be times where you have to Crush Strike classes like a RG whose tanking half your guild if need be,because you aren't hurting him with your DB.Contrary to popular,there are plenty of ways to resist Dragon Breath.

Don't go 120 on any stat as an RK.Thats just....bad,even as pure DB.You need masq resist for SCs in the form of agi,so you won't get stripped off your dragon with one cast,looking stupid.90 int or 95+ Vit for DB RK will suffice.I personally would get some strength for Crushing Strike,Storm Blast,etc.Also,its not hard to get most of those equips I listed for RK if your maining one class,save for Mvps and Gods.Your suppose to be able to get decent equips for your main class,especially for war.Hell,I have 10s and 20s of classes and I can say most of them are properly geared and I haven't been playing for even two years and I have invested $0 into this game since I started playing this game in late 2011.It would also help more if your gear is overupgraded.No,it doesnt have to be,but it helps ALOT.Lol,3b for a DR,you can get one less than that if you know how to play the market.I got my first DR card as a lucky drop from a DR,the first time I hunted it on my account and I wasn't trying to!!!I'm sure you can get just as lucky on getting these items.

Edited by Peerless, 21 January 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#6 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the detailed reply. I am good with market since I might be new to iRO but not new to RO . How many Billions am I looking at, for a GTB purchase though ?

I'd personally like GTB, Tao , Kiel and Garm Cards in that order. haha. But I heard that Tao is around 16B that is if someone sells it. A Tao armor is 10 times better than a Bryn for DB damage after all. Although, it tends to make the RK very Glass -cannony. I plan on getting about 100 each of str , vit and dex. Maybe around 80-90 int. Rest into Agi and some into luk. I am looking at about 60 Agi owing to the response I got from the RK community in my earlier threads.

I chose RK because of its versatility and survivability. I want to be equally competent in MVPing, War and PVP. In War, I'd like to survive(especially when its a horde vs horde situation ), take out targets(be able to outdamage their potting) and scout if required.

Edited by Xord, 21 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#7 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Tao 16B? not anymore..

#8 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Lol. Tao doesn't have an exact price anymore. It's a "name your price" item.

#9 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

I particularly prefer WoE Suit Set for RKs.

Edited by SirDouglas, 21 January 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#10 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

80B is the correct price for it.

#11 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

If only it was 16B,I would most definitely have one right now...

#12 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I would have to disagree with some of the comments stated above.

First of all sorry Sir Doug but that would be one of the dumbest things to do. Why on earth would you rather have a Suit on? What long range skill will hurt you in WoE? You have over 60k hp and full reducs with the WoE Set. Please stop giving terrible advice.

A good RK doesn`t have 120 int. Many people have trouble realizing that DB is mainly increased by a Tao. Adding an extra 20 int or vit won`t increase your damage by much in all honesty. The extra stats are more beneficial in agi because the only things killing or completely disabling an RK are MASQ, DB and that is pretty much it. Default that fire armor man. I don`t know about you but the guilds I`m facing vs all have like 10 RK`s and a few of them have Tao`s
; that`s a pretty deadly pre-cast that will drop a ton of people who don`t have that fire armor on.

60 str
100 agi
100 vit
90 int
80 dex ( could be at 0 to be honest since I get instant with pendants, mailbreaker spell enchants and strings).

If I reset:
90+ str
100+ agi
110 vit
90 int

You will need dex if you plan on using CK and vellum Katz though or you will probably miss lol.

This is if you are going for pure DB btw.

Just letting you know you could have 3k weight and 200 agi and you can still get Masq`d on the first or 2nd try making you completely useless. Just letting you know how broken Masq is especially to Rk players lol

Edited by TheKraven, 22 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

100 agi is too much. If you keep your weight under control, you're pretty much at the minimum success rate for masq with agi in the 60's, and adding more agi has rapidly diminishing returns (due to the minimum success rate). Sure, you can carry more without getting owned by masq if you have more agi, but then you're adding a stat solely for weight limit...

#14 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Well what else would you put it in really? Whats more beneficial? A few % more of Masq resist or 300 more DB damage? Depends how you view it.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Well what else would you put it in really? Whats more beneficial? A few % more of Masq resist or 300 more DB damage? Depends how you view it.

It's not "a few %". You can bottom out the success rate with only 6x agi and 40 luk.

The masq formula is this:
So let's do out some math, assuming a caster with 144 total dex (because it makes the math work out easy) 66 total agi and 40 total luk - this was mentioned above in the thread i pulled this from - and at 3k weight, which you can do if you're careful with what you carry.

{(Caster’s Base Level / 10) + Random number between [(Caster’s DEX / 12) ~ (Caster’s DEX / 4)] + (Caster’s Job Level) + (Skill Level x 10) - < (Target’s Base Level / 10) + [Random number between [(Target’s AGI / 6) ~ (Target’s AGI / 3)] + (Target’s LUK / 10) + [(Target’s Maximum Weight - Current weight) / 100]>] %

{(15) + Random number between [12 ~ 36] + (50) + (30) - < (15) + [Random number between [11 ~ 22] + (4) + [10000 - 3000) / 100]>] %
107+Randint(0,23) - (30 + randint(0,11)+70
(107~130) - (110~121)

Minimum of (Skill Level + (DEX / 20)) % success rate. (ie, 10%)

There are (24*12)=288 combinations. Solving this numerically, we find that in the majority of cases, we're riding along the minimum success rate.
80% of results of those random numbers will be at 10% because of the minimum success rate. The average success rate of a stalker stripping us in the described situation is only 10.76% - just barely above the minimum rate.

Or dex so I could use crush strike, or hundred spear? Okay, so HS isn't gonna kill anyone in WoE, but CS still has it's uses - unless you have crap dex, in which case it'll never connect. Also, the cast time of DB with 0 dex has gotta be awful if you're not in strings....

#16 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Why would you use DB without Strings? lol

#17 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationLost inside the Hazy Effin Maze!!
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

not all guilds have multiple stringers or even have a stringer always present for woe or when you want to pvm/pvp. This is the reality / sad truth about about RO life outside of your guild.

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Well what ELSE are you going to do when you don't have strings? You can't crush strike (you'll miss - 0 dex)...

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 January 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#19 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

why do the first people want +12 WoE sets and waste enourmus amounts of supplies to get it like that? reducs kick in at +9 at the plate. the other upgrades arent mandatory to get the bonus but just a hard-def bonus which doesnt add all so much anymore in renewal.

just saying ur pretty much wasting money and time ~_~

#20 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

You can use counter attack to make crushing strike hit..

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

You can use counter attack to make crushing strike hit..

Only if they attack you while in the counter stance with a non-skill attack, and if they're dumb enough to do that, they're probably not a top threat...

why do the first people want +12 WoE sets and waste enourmus amounts of supplies to get it like that? reducs kick in at +9 at the plate. the other upgrades arent mandatory to get the bonus but just a hard-def bonus which doesnt add all so much anymore in renewal.

just saying ur pretty much wasting money and time ~_~

I know, right? The hard def added is negligible and everything that hurts bypasses it anyway.

#22 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

What the hell... how is he doing that?

#24 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

I just went on sakray to make that video for you. You can pretty much drive by someone and do that easily.

#25 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Left click on the target as soon as you press counter attack hotkey. You have ~0.4second window to make it happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users