Returning Player - Need help with MVP build/Skills/Items Genetic - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning Player - Need help with MVP build/Skills/Items Genetic

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Decimo

Decimo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Please use long term word of item, still new and don't know short-name of items name yet.

Lvl: 88

Job: 50

Stats STR 64, INT 80, and Dex 70, Current stats at the moment.

Homunculus : Vanilmirth, 99 currently working loyal. yup big ugly has flys stuck on him
Skills: http://irowiki.org/~...BdAqFrAkKl3eIn1

Currently broke, but working on it, but would like items that reachable goal. Unless i can find my old guild/friends God items Lol which i doubt i will.

I want pure MVP build, but can sorta still woe. and not sure if i got skills right. and no idea about items and what grade they should be.
*EDIT* also don't know which S Homunculus i should get.

Edited by Decimo, 19 January 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Please use long term word of item, still new and don't know short-name of items name yet.

Lvl: 88

Job: 50

Stats STR 64, INT 80, and Dex 70, Current stats at the moment.

Homunculus : Vanilmirth, 99 currently working loyal. yup big ugly has flys stuck on him
Skills: http://irowiki.org/~...BdAqFrAkKl3eIn1

Currently broke, but working on it, but would like items that reachable goal. Unless i can find my old guild/friends God items Lol which i doubt i will.

I want pure MVP build, but can sorta still woe. and not sure if i got skills right. and no idea about items and what grade they should be.
*EDIT* also don't know which S Homunculus i should get.

Skills:

Drop level 1 cart tornado. The skill sucks, and level 1 would be useless even if it was good. Add level 1 bloodsucker (it bypasses plant type defense, which makes it essential for soloing the malaya instances)
Drop level 5 Summon Marine Sphere. This is useless. Get level 10 potion research instead (that means faster potion recovery when you're taking heavy fire in woe or an MVP does powerup and you're potting as fast as you can). OR level 5 homun res and level 6 potion research.

I'd also consider lowering OC to max vend, since OC is such a small portion of your income.

On my MVP genetic, I did 96+4 vit, 90 dex 90 int 100 str 41+1 luk. I think it would be acceptable in WoE, if not ideal.

Sera Homun S for PVM/MVP, for painkiller (the reduction is truly epic. Most monsters will do 1's to you with basic gear)
Dieter Homun S for WoE/MVP - Ash in woe, Pyro and Granitic Armor for MVP/WoE.
Eira is also an option, though Silent Breeze is still disabled in WoE (until cure free gets fixed to remove it, i think...)

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 January 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#3 Decimo

Decimo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Thanks, I drop Summon marine sphere and lvl 1 cart tornado, but i have another merchant with lvl 10 vending so leaving OC. so for MVP S Homunculus still debating Sera and Eira, by the way what this "blood lust" that i been reading around?

Also what about items? what should i go for? and did not know weapons/armor can go +12 or more?
I remember back in the day it was hard to get +9-10 all together. broke so many stuff lol
*Edit* Also where good place to level? after 100-150?

Edited by Decimo, 20 January 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#4 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

so for MVP S Homunculus still debating Sera and Eira

Not considering Dieter anymore?
When it comes to choosing a Homunculus S for MvP purposes, there are two things to consider. Their 'buff' skill(s) and their negative status effect inflicting skill(s).

Sera has a powerful skill called Pain Killer, which reduces the damage you take by 800 or so for 60 seconds. It also gives a temporary endure effect. This skill is very helpful in player vs monster situations, but slightly less for MvP purposes because of their high damage attacks. Still, ~800 less damage off any MvP attack is still quite good and it will protect you against its mob too.

Sera has two status effect inflicting skills, Needle of Paralysis and Poison Mist. Needle Of Paralysis can inflict the paralyze status, which stops a target from moving as well as increasing the target's cast time and lowering its defense. Poison Mist is an area of effect skill that can inflict the blind status to any target (enemy) that comes in contact with the mist. I don't know whether they work on MvPs or not (haven't tested it out or heard anyone commenting on it).

Eira has the Overboost skill, which changes eira's and its owner's (you) flee to 500 and attack speed to 189. It lasts for 90 seconds. Not sure how useful this is since the slaves from the MvP can lower your flee drastically. If the slave monsters are killed or otherwise occupied, the high flee rate could help you dodge attacks like Dark Blessing.

Eira has a skill called Silent Breeze which was supposed to be a healing skill with a penalty (silence effect), but seems to be able to silence MvPs too (may very well be fixed in the future). I believe the skill has been disabled on all maps with a natural MvP spawn, so your only bet to use the skill is by summoning an MvP (Bloody Branch) on an unaffected map.

by the way what this "blood lust" that i been reading around?

Read this: Blood Lust

Also what about items? what should i go for?

Weapon: Try aiming for a +9 ~ +12 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red) as a final weapon. See this recent topic for more information.
Armor: You'll need several (elemental, status effect resisting) armors for the various MvPs.
Garment: +9 Immune Heroic Backpack
Shoes: Variant Shoes

and did not know weapons/armor can go +12 or more?
I remember back in the day it was hard to get +9-10 all together. broke so many stuff lol

Things have changed. Read this: Refinement System

*Edit* Also where good place to level? after 100-150?

Turn In Quest or Magma Dungeon Level 2: Nogg Road.

#5 Decimo

Decimo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thanks shiveringshadows, Dieter is it good for mvping? mind giving me detail like you did above?

Edited by Decimo, 20 January 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Needle of paralyze's paralyze effect has pathetic proc chance, it's just a damage skill.

Poison Mist is for leveling the Sera (it gives very good homun exp output in OD2). Not useful for much else.

Call Legion is pointless, but fun, and it sure looks cool (also helpful on breaking emp, though not as good as eira overboost)

Sera is really all about painkiller, painkiller is just ridiculous. You can tank better than an MS champ in most TI's - just with painkiller and a 30% shield.

#7 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Thanks shiveringshadows, Dieter is it good for mvping? mind giving me detail like you did above?

Dieter has the highest HP/SP growth of all the Homunculus S, but the lowest attack speed (169 max).

Dieter has a powerful attack boosting skill called Pyroclastic, which boosts not only your own, but also your dieter's attack power. It also changes your weapon's element to fire (And on your dieter too). Pyroclastic increases your acid bomb damage by a decent amount. It does have a penalty, though. Once the skill duration ends, your weapon will be broken (unless it's either an axe/mace or the weapon has been chemically protected by alchemical weapon/full chemical protection). The skill lasts for 180 seconds.

Dieter's Granitic Armor reduces the damage you and Dieter take by 10%. Since it's a percentage of damage reduction, it has the potential to reduce much more than Pain Killer. Once the skill ends you and Dieter will lose HP equal to about 30% of your/dieter's Max HP, though it will not kill you if your current HP is lower than 30%. Not sure how useful this is, because of its penalty. If you can defeat the MvP before the skill ends, you'll be fine. Otherwise, you'll just have to keep a close eye on your/dieter's HP. The skill lasts for 60 seconds.

Dieter's Volcanic Ash Skill can 'neutralize' an MvP. The skill has been disabled on all naturally spawning MvP maps, because of its unintended effects on MvPs (just like Silent Breeze). Don't count too much on this skill (or Silent Breeze), since they may be fixed in the (near) future.

#8 Decimo

Decimo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

What about Accessory and Headgear and Midgear and Sheild?

So far i have list to try get:
Weapon: Try aiming for a +9 ~ +12 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red)
Armor: You'll need several (elemental, status effect resisting) armors for the various MvPs.
Garment: +9 Immune Heroic Backpack (How do you get one?)

Edited by Decimo, 21 January 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Dieter has a powerful attack boosting skill called Pyroclastic, which boosts not only your own, but also your dieter's attack power. It also changes your weapon's element to fire (And on your dieter too). Pyroclastic increases your acid bomb damage by a decent amount. It does have a penalty, though. Once the skill duration ends, your weapon will be broken (unless it's either an axe/mace or the weapon has been chemically protected by alchemical weapon/full chemical protection). The skill lasts for 180 seconds.

Hopefully if you're a genetic, it's full chemical protection, not alchemical weapon. Note that if you die while in pyro, you will lose coating before pyro is canceled, thus breaking your weapon. Kinda high stakes if you're doing something that you can't get back to easily - that's the reason I don't use it on instances unless I have two weapons with me...

Dieter's Granitic Armor reduces the damage you and Dieter take by 10%. Since it's a percentage of damage reduction, it has the potential to reduce much more than Pain Killer. Once the skill ends you and Dieter will lose HP equal to about 30% of your/dieter's Max HP, though it will not kill you if your current HP is lower than 30%. Not sure how useful this is, because of its penalty. If you can defeat the MvP before the skill ends, you'll be fine. Otherwise, you'll just have to keep a close eye on your/dieter's HP. The skill lasts for 60 seconds.

In most cases, painkiller will reduce damage more than granitic, usually much more. It's like ~800 subtraction type damage reduction, and I very rarely take hits for more than 8k damage (If you do, you're probably doing something wrong). But Painkiller SHOULD be better than granitic, because Dieter has other good skills, while Sera's all about the painkiller.

Dieter's Volcanic Ash Skill can 'neutralize' an MvP. The skill has been disabled on all naturally spawning MvP maps, because of its unintended effects on MvPs (just like Silent Breeze). Don't count too much on this skill (or Silent Breeze), since they may be fixed in the (near) future.

Ash making MVPs bug out is a bug, doing it intentionally is a bug exploit.

Ash is a very powerful skill for WoE. That Ash status is nasty. This is the correct use of the skill, not bugging MVPs so they stand politely in place while you kill them.

What about Accessory and Headgear and Midgear and Sheild?

So far i have list to try get:
Weapon: Try aiming for a +9 ~ +12 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red)
Garment: +9 Immune Heroic Backpack (How do you get one?)

The Heroic Backpack (HBP) is from events, usually cash shop boxes, but I could imagine them including it as a top prize in a Raffler event too. I think they even drop from the ridiculously overpriced fire sale box currently in the kafra shop. Expensive item, but absolutely amazing for genetic, since we have 90+ int/dex/str/vit, and all of those four bonuses are useful to us.

Like any other class, you use 30% racial reduction carded shields for whatever you're fighting, and an royal (alice) for serious MVPing. The cranial and royal should be in valk shields, everything else, you can use your judgement on. There's another thread in merchant section about genetics and shields too.

Upper headgear.... that gets complicated!

Some people will tell you to go pure offense, and there are certainly times for that. A +9 Evil Marching Hat [1] or +9 Sagitarius Crown is the best you can pull off on upper headgear (both are +5% ranged damage). The book hat (which was an event in september, and is account bound, ie, you missed it. I was on break, so I did too) is slightly better for bombing if +9 (+9% atk/matk, which is about +6% damage with acid bomb - but only around 4.5 on cart cannon).

You may need a Rideword Hat while leveling to keep your SP up, though I found that this wasn't necessary when I was leveling my male genetic, though.

For MVPing stuff that hurts (I don't bother MVPing anything that doesn't ;-) ), I use Abysmal Knight Helms, carded with -10% element damage cards, paired with mid headgear with same -10% ele damage card. But by the time you're doing MVPs that need this kinda defensive gear, you'll know what you need.

That said, all the practical hats (except AKH, which is fairly cheap, but only useful for limited situations, and also ugly as sin) cost a goddamned fortune relative to how much they help you. Get the other stuff first - you're much better off with a good weapon, a shield, and an immune hbp, and basic gear and a vanity hat, than to have a fancy hat, but lack one of the other things.

Mid headgear should be Black Devil Mask (again, very poor cost to benefit ratio on this). Robo eyes is probably a decent budget choice, or a dark pinger card. And like I said, I have a set of -10% elemental resist carded mid headgear.

For accessories...

One of them's gonna have to have a phen card for uninterruptable cast UNLESS you use an orleans gown (But even if you do, keep a phen in your back pocket, for when you need to wear a different armor).

For the other one, an RWC Pendant (from an RWC rally box - the accessories are account bound, and boxes aren't in kafra shop anymore, but the rally boxes are still under 200m) with good spell enchants (this can cost a few thousand KP of reset ticket boxes to get) is a good choice, but may not be worth it unless you have other classes that also need it (note that since acid bomb cast time is 100% fixed, spell enchants don't make it faster, but they do make cart cannon faster.

For the accessory that's not a phen, there's a strong case for it being a Kafra Blossom Card. But god they are expensive!

I normally default phen waterdrop brooch and KBC waterdrop brooch, but this is largely because I'm mostly doing big MVPs where I really need elemental reduction

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 January 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#10 Banjo03

Banjo03

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Are the RWC accessories any good for MVP Geneticist?

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Are the RWC accessories any good for MVP Geneticist?

They're not epic for genetic like for other classes.

What makes the RWC accs OP is that they give you up to 16% reduction to variable cast time (each), however, Acid Bomb cast time is fixed, so only reducible with sacrament and the like...

#12 Banjo03

Banjo03

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

They're not epic for genetic like for other classes.

What makes the RWC accs OP is that they give you up to 16% reduction to variable cast time (each), however, Acid Bomb cast time is fixed, so only reducible with sacrament and the like...

Ok thanks, I guess it's only for CC leveling then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users