• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Necropile

Necropile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

New to the Mechanics class all together so I know didly squat.

Would like it if I'd get some info on gear/stats/skills/cards that are best used for a pure brewer/support/mvp alchemist - geneticist.

Thanks in advance ^_^

Edited by Necropile, 27 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Are you talking about Alchemist->Biochem->Genetic?

Or Blacksmith -> Mastersmith -> Mechanic?

You say genetic in thread title and mechanic in post.

#3 Necropile

Necropile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Are you talking about Alchemist->Biochem->Genetic?

Or Blacksmith -> Mastersmith -> Mechanic?

You say genetic in thread title and mechanic in post.

Sorry about that I meant to put Merchant class.

And yes
Alchemist->Biochem->Genetic

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Okay - well, first, a pure brewer is a pure brewer. If it could support or MVP, it would no longer be a pure brewer (that's what the "pure" means). Don't mess with potting alchemist potions unless you have the means to get 100% rates (requires multiple third job support characters). Getting good rates on alchemist pots is hard.

Genetic is also not much of a support class. They have one (very important) support skill - full chemical protection - and a few offensive/utility skills that could be viewed as support. Genetic is more of a killing class. CC (or firex where justified) on leveling, AB on MVPs.

The good news though is that the same build can be effective in MVP, Leveling, WoE, and even crafting genetic items (food/pots) with decent rates using only AB buffs and a luk MC.
I've been doing:
Str 100 (base)
Int 90 (base)
Dex 90 (base)
Vit 96+4 (ie, 100 total at job 50)
Agi 1
Luk 41+1 (cheaper way to increase AB damage than adding more int/str, because luk is so cheap)

#5 Necropile

Necropile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Okay - well, first, a pure brewer is a pure brewer. If it could support or MVP, it would no longer be a pure brewer (that's what the "pure" means). Don't mess with potting alchemist potions unless you have the means to get 100% rates (requires multiple third job support characters). Getting good rates on alchemist pots is hard.

Genetic is also not much of a support class. They have one (very important) support skill - full chemical protection - and a few offensive/utility skills that could be viewed as support. Genetic is more of a killing class. CC (or firex where justified) on leveling, AB on MVPs.

The good news though is that the same build can be effective in MVP, Leveling, WoE, and even crafting genetic items (food/pots) with decent rates using only AB buffs and a luk MC.
I've been doing:
Str 100 (base)
Int 90 (base)
Dex 90 (base)
Vit 96+4 (ie, 100 total at job 50)
Agi 1
Luk 41+1 (cheaper way to increase AB damage than adding more int/str, because luk is so cheap)

Thanks and this would be a support / mvp / woe build correct?
What would a pure brewer stats look like? Also what gear?

I'm just looking at the cheaper way to go as I don't have much money as this is my 2nd character and wont be spending much on him.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Pure brewer stats, I don't know off the top of my head. I think you stop at 99/70 biochem (because gen can only go to job 50, and job level is a major part of the success for alchy potions), and then you set your stats so that with harmonize, thickheaded, and cursed, black thing, and any other debuffs you can think of, you get the right values of dex/luk/int so your MC will get all of them to 99 (and so when the debuffs are removed, you get way over 99 in those stats). I don't know what base values this works out to; it depends on how you build the MC slave. Oh and you need a vani for IC 5% bonus. You also need a lot of gear with no uses other than potting. This build cannot level itself, must be helped to level the whole way.

There is no such thing as a "support" genetic build. Like I said, there is only one true "support" skill as genetic - full chemical protection (well, there's Aid Pot, but that is only really used for homun, and there's aid condensed pot, but it sucks because of the long cast time), and you need to get it to use on yourself if you want to WoE or MVP anyway.

That build is a MVP/PVM/WoE build (not optimized for woe, but should be viable; there are arguments for very different woe builds, but these would struggle in other arenas of the game), and with appropriate buffs+gear, it's capable of getting good rates with genetic crafting (ie, Mix Cooking, Bomb Creation and Special Pharmacy) using just a luk MC. I don't think you can get great rates on alchemist potions with it though.

#7 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I can mail you a popo egg which gives luk+2 at loyal.Useful for brewer.Just give me your ign.

#8 Necropile

Necropile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Pure brewer stats, I don't know off the top of my head. I think you stop at 99/70 biochem (because gen can only go to job 50, and job level is a major part of the success for alchy potions), and then you set your stats so that with harmonize, thickheaded, and cursed, black thing, and any other debuffs you can think of, you get the right values of dex/luk/int so your MC will get all of them to 99 (and so when the debuffs are removed, you get way over 99 in those stats). I don't know what base values this works out to; it depends on how you build the MC slave. Oh and you need a vani for IC 5% bonus. You also need a lot of gear with no uses other than potting. This build cannot level itself, must be helped to level the whole way.

There is no such thing as a "support" genetic build. Like I said, there is only one true "support" skill as genetic - full chemical protection (well, there's Aid Pot, but that is only really used for homun, and there's aid condensed pot, but it sucks because of the long cast time), and you need to get it to use on yourself if you want to WoE or MVP anyway.

That build is a MVP/PVM/WoE build (not optimized for woe, but should be viable; there are arguments for very different woe builds, but these would struggle in other arenas of the game), and with appropriate buffs+gear, it's capable of getting good rates with genetic crafting (ie, Mix Cooking, Bomb Creation and Special Pharmacy) using just a luk MC. I don't think you can get great rates on alchemist potions with it though.

Alright thanks Azzy. I'll stick with the build you recommended and not follow a brew build as seeing it won't be worth it.

Is there a set to go along with an Geneticist? Kinda like Sapha or White Wing?

#9 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Is there a set to go along with an Geneticist? Kinda like Sapha or White Wing?

There's no 'mora equipment set' for geneticists. You'll have to pick and choose pieces of equipment seperately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users