Server Maintenance - January 29, 6:00PM (-8 UTC) - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance - January 29, 6:00PM (-8 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hello once again ROSE Community!

We are preparing for a short downtime to perform a server maintenance. This maintenance is to replace some additional network cables between the game and log servers.

Also during this maintenance, we will be applying some back end updates to the server operations. More about these back end updates will be posted during maintenance.

The downtime is planned to be for 6:00 PM (-8 UTC) and the downtime is expected to be approximately 1 hour.
No patch is expected to be needed for this downtime and server maintenance.

Maintenance note:
Now that maintenance is done, I can tell you that there was a sort of exploit that was found, which is how an increase of zulie was being flooded in to the game and likely why the zulie sellers have returned. We traced the activity back to when we first began having the server issues and when we began to compare notes, the abuse was extensive and showed a strong possibility behind why our log servers were acting so poorly.

With the enhancements we've made in addition to this exploit being corrected, we're looking forward to some nice time to focus on content development once again. Thank you everyone for your patience throughout all this headache!

Edited by Leonis, 29 January 2013 - 07:36 PM.
Added maintenance note

#2 JoshRamsammy

JoshRamsammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

please fix judy and the exchanging of the magical coupons :p_laugh:

#3 ChXaXin

ChXaXin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIllinois, United States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Thanks!

#4 Badge

Badge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Please do something about Duped Items, if there is.

#5 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

What about the delete friend from friend list, my name will still appear on their friend list which i got deleted.

#6 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

What about the delete friend from friend list, my name will still appear on their friend list which i got deleted.

I think that is what is intended. It's fine that you want to delete someone, but It should be up to them as well to remove you too.

I also think something should be implemented so that in cases like this, you can block the person so they can't message you via the private message window when they still have you added on their friends list.

Edited by Banrukai, 29 January 2013 - 03:56 AM.

#7 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Pretty sure if 1 out of the 2 are not friends you can't message them. I know you can do that with the Chat rooms though.

#8 Fl4wl3ss

Fl4wl3ss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Bring back Valentine seraph wings please, it will bring in more revenue for you ;)

#9 onizuk4

onizuk4

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Bring back Valentine seraph wings please, it will bring in more revenue for you ;)

i think u have to wait till valentines day^.^

#10 BluePlasma

BluePlasma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCadada
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

i think u have to wait till valentines day^.^

I think it's coming pretty soon! And they always do events maintenances before the real date (like for the christmas event) :P

#11 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Maintenance is going to take a little longer than expected. I've been given an extended estimate of 30 minutes from the original expected end time.

#12 TooCool4You

TooCool4You

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationLewiston,ID
  • Server:ARUANIANS

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

people that gets off work at 5pm or 6pm that wants to get on game.. its seem like a weird idea to do a maintennce this late :)

btw.. are you guys adding some items/costume in IM Mall ?

#13 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I think that is what is intended. It's fine that you want to delete someone, but It should be up to them as well to remove you too.

I also think something should be implemented so that in cases like this, you can block the person so they can't message you via the private message window when they still have you added on their friends list.

It is if i want to name change i dont want ppls know my new name

#14 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

It is intended if you won't show online to someone you deleted. However, you are still seen online and the person you deleted is trying to message you. Wouldn't you find it annoying for both sides?

#15 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Our IT technician seems to be having some difficulty getting the network cables all sorted out. At this moment I have no update on time expectancy, but he's working as fast as he can. I'll give an update as soon as I have one.

#16 TooCool4You

TooCool4You

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationLewiston,ID
  • Server:ARUANIANS

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

hmm ... why they change the usual maintenance time anyways? just curious :)

#17 DVNT2

DVNT2

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image

#18 TylerM32

TylerM32

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

The real question needed to be asked is why in the world do you people start pulling out network cables and not being able to put them in the correct spots with EASE. This game is to old to be having all the server problems it has, dont you think?

#19 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

yeah..the smart move is pull one cable and then replace it then do the same with the next not do all at once lol

#20 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

The real question needed to be asked is why in the world do you people start pulling out network cables and not being able to put them in the correct spots with EASE. This game is to old to be having all the server problems it has, dont you think?

There are more cables than you may realize running through a server room. Not only that, but the rack space itself is relatively cramped.

We're getting close to ready to coming back online. The final checks are being done.

I've just been informed that there was more done than was originally indicated to me. Firmware upgrades were also applied to our network cards as they were needed to the new machines. This could easily be the culprit behind why we've been having network issues since the new servers were installed.

Fingers crossed and I'll post again as soon as the servers are being brought online.

#21 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

There are more cables than you may realize running through a server room. Not only that, but the rack space itself is relatively cramped.

We're getting close to ready to coming back online. The final checks are being done.

I've just been informed that there was more done than was originally indicated to me. Firmware upgrades were also applied to our network cards as they were needed to the new machines. This could easily be the culprit behind why we've been having network issues since the new servers were installed.

Fingers crossed and I'll post again as soon as the servers are being brought online.

Hahaha! Thanks for the update. I really appreciate your posts like this, Leonis :3

#22 JoshRamsammy

JoshRamsammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

patch notes please :p_smile:

#23 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

patch notes please :p_smile:

I'm waiting for this too. v456?? :unsure:

#24 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Servers are being brought online now. You should be able to log in shortly. :)

#25 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Now that maintenance is done, I can tell you that there was a sort of exploit that was found, which is how an increase of zulie was being flooded in to the game and likely why the zulie sellers have returned. We traced the activity back to when we first began having the server issues and when we began to compare notes, the abuse was extensive and showed a strong possibility behind why our log servers were acting so poorly.

With the enhancements we've made in addition to this exploit being corrected, we're looking forward to some nice time to focus on content development once again. Thank you everyone for your patience throughout all this headache!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users