Server Maintenance - January 29, 6:00PM (-8 UTC) - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance - January 29, 6:00PM (-8 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Now that maintenance is done, I can tell you that there was a sort of exploit that was found, which is how an increase of zulie was being flooded in to the game and likely why the zulie sellers have returned. We traced the activity back to when we first began having the server issues and when we began to compare notes, the abuse was extensive and showed a strong possibility behind why our log servers were acting so poorly.

With the enhancements we've made in addition to this exploit being corrected, we're looking forward to some nice time to focus on content development once again. Thank you everyone for your patience throughout all this headache!

So it is true? some players duping zulies right? with all respect GM Leo, you should take this 1st at hand before everything else. You should BAN this kiddos and throw them into the deepest part of underground prison!

Edited by llullTAKSIAPO, 29 January 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#27 JoshRamsammy

JoshRamsammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

i've dissembled wings from the magical boxes of friendliness, i got a magical coupon, but i try to talk to judy, she brings up nothing to do about this coupon :p_sad:

#28 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Now that maintenance is done, I can tell you that there was a sort of exploit that was found, which is how an increase of zulie was being flooded in to the game and likely why the zulie sellers have returned. We traced the activity back to when we first began having the server issues and when we began to compare notes, the abuse was extensive and showed a strong possibility behind why our log servers were acting so poorly.

With the enhancements we've made in addition to this exploit being corrected, we're looking forward to some nice time to focus on content development once again. Thank you everyone for your patience throughout all this headache!

+1

Finally! :D

#29 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Damn the Dupers. We Farm Sell Craft and grind all we can and these people just dupe a dope. So that is why the economy suck. It just suck when some one is out buying you in the market with DupeGold.

#30 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

So it is true? some players duping zulies right? with all respect GM Leo, you should take this 1st at hand before everything else. You should BAN this kiddos and throw them into the deepest part of underground prison!

No, it was not duping. It was generation of zulie through an unfortunate oversight from an update, over two years ago. Suffice to say, it was changed to not allow for it anymore and the Customer Service Team have taken action against all found whom abused it directly.

#31 PerdanaMenteri

PerdanaMenteri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

No, it was not duping. It was generation of zulie through an unfortunate oversight from an update, over two years ago. Suffice to say, it was changed to not allow for it anymore and the Customer Service Team have taken action against all found whom abused it directly.

So the customer service team will take action? What if the culprit use the zulies to buy our items? Will we be affected by this aswell?

#32 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Great job on fixing the exploit! :D
Anyhoo, when will the Enchanted Zodiac Stones will be available in IM again? With the growing rate of newbies gearing up on Draconis, I think supply replenishment is needed.

Edited by claw68, 29 January 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#33 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

For the love of god make the dreadnaught a mount already !! ><

#34 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Mini Dreadnaught, all we need is another mount bigger than NPC's like the bloody chickens are lol.

#35 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

So the customer service team will take action? What if the culprit use the zulies to buy our items? Will we be affected by this aswell?

That will be up to the customer service team. I can't imagine that they would take action against anyone who unknowingly were affected by the zulie exploit though. They're generally very good about being aware of who's involved and who's not, and only affecting those who were.

For the love of god make the dreadnaught a mount already !! ><

Noted! :)

#36 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

What bug was it? If I may ask...

#37 TheRealSporadic

TheRealSporadic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

What bug was it? If I may ask...

If I remember correctly there was an item in game, that the NPC price was going to change in an upcoming update and would be much higher. This was released a day ahead of time in the patch notes. So individuals ended up buying stacks and stacks of the item. And next day NPCed them and made billions.

#38 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

So what is being done to reduce the amount of zulie in the market? New players can't pay 1bil to 1.4bil for a sagi stone. it will be harder for them to gear their chars.

#39 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

If I remember correctly there was an item in game, that the NPC price was going to change in an upcoming update and would be much higher. This was released a day ahead of time in the patch notes. So individuals ended up buying stacks and stacks of the item. And next day NPCed them and made billions.

I remember that and I think they also rolled back the accounts who exploited it because they knew already about it.

I think it's something else this time...

edit: precisely, that time I think they were reducing skill books' prices and said it before it happened, so people bought stacks of skills to resell them later.

Edited by Gojio, 30 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#40 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

I remember that and I think they also rolled back the accounts who exploited it because they knew already about it.

I see more rare costumes in town now than ever before... hmmm

#41 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Ya I know, I got the same feeling...these zulies must be coming from somewhere, let's hope they find out and take the abusers down.

#42 TheRealSporadic

TheRealSporadic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

edit: precisely, that time I think they were reducing skill books' prices and said it before it happened, so people bought stacks of skills to resell them later.

Yeah your right this happened more then 2 years ago. But I do know someone that got away with it and had like 7xx billion and they let him keep 5xx.

#43 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Yeah your right this happened more then 2 years ago. But I do know someone that got away with it and had like 7xx billion and they let him keep 5xx.

thats sick...

#44 TheRealSporadic

TheRealSporadic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

I wouldn't say that these items are dupped, from what I have understood on how it all works is each item in game has its own ID number. So if it was dupped there would be 2 items with the same ID numbers. Zulie is a different story.

#45 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I wouldn't say that these items are dupped, from what I have understood on how it all works is each item in game has its own ID number. So if it was dupped there would be 2 items with the same ID numbers. Zulie is a different story.

And how do you tell which one is the duped one?

Edited by Gojio, 30 January 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#46 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

You don't, but we do. Dupe reports are investigated and taken action on as necessary by the Customer Support Team.

#47 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, sure will see many people saying they are retiring from the game!

#48 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

You know the chat spam restrictions that has been updated lately really sucks Leonis no offensive but if I got like 2-3 words that I had said before and I use the words in another sentance it will tell me that Spamming blablabla.

You should know that in certain countries like Netherlands we the many of the same words as they are part of the sentance and thanks to the update it's very hard to talk in my own language because It will say I am spamming the chat.

You should restrict that to the keyword 'S> Sell Buy B> etcetc' ...

#49 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Leo, I want to thank you for whatever it was you guys did. Yesterday I saw no zulie sellers in chat. It was great.

#50 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

You know the chat spam restrictions that has been updated lately really sucks Leonis no offensive but if I got like 2-3 words that I had said before and I use the words in another sentance it will tell me that Spamming blablabla.

You should know that in certain countries like Netherlands we the many of the same words as they are part of the sentance and thanks to the update it's very hard to talk in my own language because It will say I am spamming the chat.

You should restrict that to the keyword 'S> Sell Buy B> etcetc' ...

It is possible for the filter to be adjusted. By no means is it perfect, but it certainly is doing its job. If you would like to get in more direct contact with me with sample sentences getting caught by the filter, we can see if adjustments can be made to help ease for you, but not the spammers.

Leo, I want to thank you for whatever it was you guys did. Yesterday I saw no zulie sellers in chat. It was great.

We're glad to see its being so effective. We still have concerns about players, like above, being prevented from normal conversation as well as spammers figuring out ways to circumvent the filter's operations, but for now we're enjoying the peace and quiet too. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users