Leveling 135+ - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Leveling 135+

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I am an Asura thats currently sb/rb build and i have kind of ran into a wall at this point. All the guides i could find suggest leveling at rachel sanc/juperos and so on with lightning ride which has been ruined with nerfs. Most of the forum posts ive read turn into a bunch of people having a pissing contest about what they can 1 shot with 2 mejs and a byrnn and how quickly they can level when utilizing an entire guilds god items and so on. I have been at rachel sanc and the exp is entirely too slow. You just simply can't mob these things up without wasting too much time. I tried juperos and the dimiks just seem to ruin that place by pounding you even while your sky blow mobbing. I also tried scarab hole dungeon/abyss lake and they hit really hard and have so much health it just doesnt seem practical for how long it takes to kill them.

I am kind of new to renewal just came back from 6 years off and the only TIs ive done are nogg which i solod. I have RWH/Nid Immune/racial set of shields and double malic carga. Id prefer to not have to waste what little zeny i have on pots n such. I really enjoyed RO again so far up until now since they really did make leveling reasonable but now it feels like im back in 2008 slaving in biolabs and it isn't very enjoyable. So i have a few questions

1, Are TI parties really worth it i did some math and it seemed like the turn ins would only give maybe 20 some %(with a BM) of a lvl which doesn't seem too impressive for how people go on about TIs.

2. Is it this bad the entire way to 150 because i thought i read in the renewal post that the leveling was supposed to be smooth and quite frankly the exp has been utter crap since i out lvled nogg.

3. Where do you guys find TI parties at(assuming its worth it)?

#2 Tanthalas23

Tanthalas23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

1. If you have VIP + properly leveled monsters in the TI's you usually get better exp than that... IE: Not having Blue/Gold Acidus which are lvl 130, for a 125-150 TI xD They are both low lvl which sux experience wise, only decent thing is how fast you can do it...

2. I guess with Sura, your bread and butter for lvling is usually finding parties and being the tank, whether in Abyss/Scarabas/TI, Mental Strength + having a healer in party saves alot on potions, although always carry some for backup!!

3. The 125-150 TI usually recruites on the right side couches by the stairs to the 2nd lvl in Eden.... Low and Mid TI's are recruited in the actual TI map right at the beginning of where you warp in.

#3 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I will try TIs, is there anywhere else i could solo lvl that would be decent exp?

#4 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

solo leveling isnt really viable unless ur really well equipped. as the good exp areas do require some stuff you need in order to survive I think?

if ur up for it you could try bio2?

#5 LancesBabe

LancesBabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

scarabas is the only good place to level 135+ if u dont have the equips for it then your just outa luck...sura isnt really a class that can solo level tho...mostly goes to rangers and sorcs

#6 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Scaraba hall is great if you are EDP GXs, or FM/CR or simply Comet Warlock :rice:

#7 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Scaraba hall is great if you are EDP GXs, or FM/CR or simply Comet Warlock :rice:

and again it comes down to funds/gears in the end to survive and level effectively :P

#8 LancesBabe

LancesBabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

you can do TIs...u need neither funds or gears sadly it is the best way to level up anyways atleast it incourages partys tho

and once u finish the quest you can still grind at the turn in map

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Suras are one of the harder classes to solo level, especially at 135+. Tiger Cannon is sometimes used at the high levels, but is a bit hard to use.

TIs really are very efficient, especially with the quick ranger killers. Think of it as you get the full exp for 400 of the monsters at the end, in addition to the grind EXP you get during the kills. The grind EXP is also boosted by the party bonus (20% more with each party member).

#10 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

What about Hells Gate Asura from looking at the stat calc it doesn't take much to be able to 1 shot there?

#11 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

It doesn't,but Hells Gate is a single target skill and would be incredibly slow for leveling in Scarabs.And it wouldn't take long for the insects to pick you off,mobbing like that.

#12 Tanthalas23

Tanthalas23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

What about Hells Gate Asura from looking at the stat calc it doesn't take much to be able to 1 shot there?

What the above poster said, single target etc, and you will be eating blue pots like crazy ontop of that.

#13 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

This is the problem with the level penalty crap they added. It makes you always go after higher level stuff, which would be fine if they had them scaled properly. The only place ive seen remotely scaled properly since lvl 100 is nogg. After nogg this games goes right down the toilet if you don't have god items. Majority of the areas just aren't doable if rampage blast can't 1 shot. I have tried virtually every area and im quite annoyed with how badly they have the leveling setup.

The first char i made when i came back was a wizard and i tried to goto clocktower to kill alarms like i use to just to find you are penalized for killing stuff too high.......how does this make any sense at all. This was 99% of the fun as a mage class, being able to go out and fight stuff that actually required skill. Now everyone just AOEs ant eggs, turns in man eater blossoms and does a few quests @ eden its a joke. Whoever thought up this exp penalty needs fired, you should be able to level in whatever way you want. Having the monsters give practically the same exp after lvl 100 and relying on that exp/level curve is plain stupid.

Compare 2 monsters from 100+
Deleter - 10k health - 343 flee needed - 874 high end attack - 2099/1574 exp
Antler Scaraba - 62.6k health - 443 flee needed - 1828 high end attack - 6330/5255

So as the health goes up by over 6x, damage more than doubles, they are basically undodgable unless your an GX, the exp only triples. This right here is the problem. I am not even going to bother listing how much more exp it takes to actually level from when your around 110 compared to 140 but i am sure everyone gets the point. Leveling should get harder and take longer but the game shouldn't be trying to forcefully keep your EXP per hour down which is exactly what this system does. Damage does not scale remotely close to the increase in health pools/flee required n such. Of course anyone with god items loves this current setup because they effectively level like they are in nogg the entire way to 150 while everyone else is screwed. The game should not be balanced around the assumption that you have a guild that will let you borrow 3 god items.

Edited by Wyndor, 30 January 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#14 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

International Ragnarok online has a 'classic' server called Loki, which follow 'pre renewal' game mechanics. You might want to try that.

#15 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Not saying classic is perfect or any better but i was under the impression the point of renewal was to fix things for everyone not only people with god items.

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

The turnins are iRO's answer to the poor leveling mechanics past 100 in renewal.

#17 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

The turnins are iRO's answer to the poor leveling mechanics past 100 in renewal.

Yeah that's what they think, its hardly a fix considering the crappy roles some classes get stuck in for TIs. Not to mention its nothing more than another way to charge people $ to level with reset stones being required to lvl at a reasonable pace.

Edited by Wyndor, 30 January 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#18 LancesBabe

LancesBabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

u can buy reset stones with zeny i have never bought any wpe cuz im broke in real life but i still manage to have 5 lvl 150s only playing about a year

tis and very efficent ive never heard any1 complain so much about exp on renewal its acually very easy to level up you just have a crappyest class for leveling

your a ms tank in tis thats the easyest job in a ti and its pretty fun being unkillable

Edited by LancesBabe, 30 January 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Or you can just get the reset stones by trading in your EMBs...?

#20 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yeah that's what they think, its hardly a fix considering the crappy roles some classes get stuck in for TIs. Not to mention its nothing more than another way to charge people $ to level with reset stones being required to lvl at a reasonable pace.

One ti a day will not lvl you to slow at all, save your eden merit badges as well get stones and when you hit double exp either use them to do more than 1 a day or sell them and buy 3x bms which with 2x exp you will lvl crazy fast.

#21 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

You may have to look into tiger cannon if you insist on soloing high level monsters with one of the weaker pvm classes. Other classes that are easier for pvm get bigger and better aoes as they level so the monsters' hp does make sense.

For people that work full time and can't dedicate as much time to the game, spending their hard earned salaries on kp for manuals, vip, etc. is the way to level fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users