Does the +10% Ranged damage from +9 HBP apply to Bomb damage ? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Does the +10% Ranged damage from +9 HBP apply to Bomb damage ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Trying to find a garment that works well for MVPing/War Bomber. I am more inclined towards Niddhog because of its all roundness but does HBP increase damage ?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Acid Bomb is effected by % ranged damage modifiers, and the +atk for str and +matk for int bonuses from HBP also effect acid bomb.

HBP is the hands down no brainer best garment for bombing. It's like it was made for the class, and we get all the stats for the bonuses that are useful to us to 90 anyway.

Of course in WoE you need a WoE set - but you know this already (i would hope).

Honestly the fact that you are asking this makes me worry for your future genetic, because just about every guide or discussion of the genetic class written since the introduction of the HBP makes note of the importance of getting 90+ str/int/dex/vit for the applicable bonuses, and recommends weapons with +% ranged damage for acid bomb, and I would say that at least half of the forum threads on the topic of genetic on these forums also at least mention that +% ranged damage effects acid bomb.

I even made a flameguard +9 HBP because with a jakk muff, I was having DPS problems vs bakey - even a mildly bad run (a death or knockback out of range, etc) would result in him living long enough to summon the wakwaks (after which it's bomb per selfres token, which is no fun). With the +9 Flameguard HBP, he consistently drops with plenty of time to spare. (I wear wind unfrozen, and go fire immune, vs Bakey)

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 February 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#3 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I do know about WoE Set(dont know why I mentioned war ._.) , I am trying to find a garment which I can use commonly for both Gene and RK but it seems RK is better with Niddhog while Gene is better with HBP. Deviling card seems like a bad choice in war since you will be hit with a lot of elemental damage alongwith Bombs and Shura fists. So I guess, I ll settle for +9 Devi HBP for Gene.

I know the guides mention this but lets say I was trying to be 100% since I am going to invest into a +9 HBP which is quite a lot for me since I can afford only one atm.

Edited by Xord, 01 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I do know about WoE Set(dont know why I mentioned war ._.) , I am trying to find a garment which I can use commonly for both Gene and RK but it seems RK is better with Niddhog while Gene is better with HBP. Deviling card seems like a bad choice in war since you will be hit with a lot of elemental damage alongwith Bombs and Shura fists. So I guess, I ll settle for +9 Devi HBP for Gene.

Well you can't use a Nyd on an RK in woe/war either - he needs the woe set too!

For MVP, it's worth noting that you almost never have the luxury of being able to wear a DR unless you're hunting weaksauce MVPs. Most MVPs have elemental attacks that require you to wear elemental armor and a garment that doesn't add 50% damage.

The DR is much more useful in plain old PVM. I still think that a +9 HBP is the right thing to put a DR in - but you're not going to get to use it on MVP.

And - for RK, it depends on what you're doing with the RK; If you're doing DB, the nyd is what you want (though unless you have a bryn, I think you can get better damage from a well enchanted Ur's Set, though it's crap on defense). If you're doing HS, you have no choices - you MUST use the Ur set otherwise HS will suck. In any of the few situations not covered by that, HBP is better.

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 February 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#5 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hmm, I can only afford one +9 HBP so I have to put something universal in it. I could settle for Raydric if its worth it. But I guess at present I am looking at deviling. And as far as Nyd goes - I basically asked for PVE and not war. I am well aware you need a war set for war. I dont plan on Soloing the top end MVPs for now (like bako) .

Edited by Xord, 01 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#6 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

On both of my genetics I have +9HBP's DR/Immune to swap between. (only one DR is mine, other seems to be a very long term lend - not sure I'd spend the money to not have to swap when the time comes but eh I'm lazy)

Each are mutually baller in different situations, if you're going for Randgris - go with DR since her physical is about 100x stronger than any of her ele attacks, wearing holy armor negates the added holy dmg)

DR is also amazing in leveling spots with high neutral physical attacks, such as the Angra Mantis/Scaraba we have in now

For your first HBP, go with Raydric

Edited by Havenn, 01 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#7 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I see, I ll go with raydric +9HBP then. Pretty sure when I can afford a Deviling , I can easily afford another HBP.

Although, I doubt I can afford to make 30% Elemental reducing +9 HBPs for every top end MVP.

#8 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

I see, I ll go with raydric +9HBP then. Pretty sure when I can afford a Deviling , I can easily afford another HBP.

Although, I doubt I can afford to make 30% Elemental reducing +9 HBPs for every top end MVP.

My thoughts exactly on the first statement, exactly what I did.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ele reduction HBP's - anything that has any elemental skills that worry you, should be fine with the raydric since it will just prevent the amplification of those attacks.

Shouldn't need anything more than 1 raydric 1 DR for a very solid MVP'r

#9 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

I would just make elemental orleans gowns for specific mvps with nasty elemental spells

#10 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I would just make elemental orleans gowns for specific mvps with nasty elemental spells

Lol, again what I have XD.

Also good to have an Unfrozen water armor for Hatii, Stormy Knight and Buwaya

Edited by Havenn, 01 February 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Can you survive Bakonawa with a fire orleans and no god items or MVP cards? If so, you're a better player than I!

If I wore fire, the SG in second form killed me, and if I wore water, the meteor storm needed heavy fire resist to deal with, and I couldn't outpot his LoV + his normal attacks in fury. My solution was going fire immune with wind unfrozen and fire/water/wind proof pots.

#12 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Gtb or bring a sorc X_X

#13 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

GTB is not a card that everyone else have access too.

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Gtb or bring a sorc X_X

GTB: tens of billions.
Sorc: Make a second sorc so I have one to bring with each of my genetics, and gear him so he can survive to get ME off, and dual client him, and do the whole thing fast enough that bakey doesn't summon the wakwaks? Or do you mean bring another human player along? Then they'd want half my loot - that's a non-starter; their half of the loot has paid for the HBP twice over already, and I've only been doing bakey for like 5-6 weeks (on 2 accts).

My solution of a flameguard HBP still seems better than either of those...

(though, I still don't think I've made up the cost of the HBP in terms of tokens saved by not having to deal with the token-per-bomb finish when he summons the wakwaks...)

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 February 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#15 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

This is why iro has problems... no one wants to make friends lol

Either suck up to someone with a gtb or get someone to tag along SOMETIMES~

There's so many gtbs now on chaos you can probably find 3-4 people you know that have one lol

#16 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

The cheaper solution to bakonawa, albeit a still expensive one is Detale card.

My method for Bako - Carefree B. rosary/Phen pendant on other - Unfrozen Fire armor - immune HBP - T.proof pots.

With that I rarely die but you still have to pot like mad in 3rd form

#17 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Bakonawa MVP seems like the best MVP or something. Wonder when will they release its Card. But honestly , I d personally avoid Bakonawa atm. Although, I dont mind teaming up with a like geared player and split loots. Something is better than nothing.

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

He's not the best MVP, but he's got a great balance of being fast, predictable, instanced (so no comp), soloable (with the right gear), and profitable.

#19 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

How about using asprika? You may loose 10% range damage but you get 30% resist on all elements and Teleport skill.

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

How about using asprika? You may loose 10% range damage but you get 30% resist on all elements and Teleport skill.

It's -_-ty reduction though, it stacks multiplicatively with % resistance to element :-(

#21 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I see, so cards like jakk, hode, raydric, DR and the like are still much better than asprika?

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

I see, so cards like jakk, hode, raydric, DR and the like are still much better than asprika?

Depends on what you're doing and what other gear you have on, but they have the potential to be much better.

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 February 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#23 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

I was told not to go with Asprika, even after almost buying one for the soul purpose of Bakonawa spellemental (copyright) reduction. So i went with DR for Randgris.

I would say Randgris is at least 2-3x harder to solo than Bako....at the very least

My record on Bako is a no death run.....Randgris I've done with as little as 2 tokens solo, but that was only once.

Edited by Havenn, 01 February 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#24 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Doesn't asprika only apply to physical elemental attacks and not stuff like SG, meteor etc.?

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Doesn't asprika only apply to physical elemental attacks and not stuff like SG, meteor etc.?

Last I understood, it worked on all sources of monster damage (but not player magic), but stacked the wrong way. I am not certain on this though.

My record on Bako is a no death run.....Randgris I've done with as little as 2 tokens solo, but that was only once.

I haven't had a death on Bakey since I got the flameguard HBP ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users