#1 Hatu

Hatu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

Set up UW's so that only a certain amount of people can register for the quest.
For instance, if there are 15 JO who sign up lets say only 15 (+5 or -5) can join it. And if someone attempted to sign-up and the match was at it's limit then they wouldn't be able to get the quest.. Just like they had missed the window for sign-up's.

I say this because I work full time (like many rose users) and I have a lot going on outside of the internetz. So I only get 1 UW per weekday and that is the 10PM UW... Well I've only been back into Rose for a week and already every night at 10pm I join my 1 UW for the day and there are 15 JO and 40 RC/FG. No one in those Factions wants to even up the teams themselves of course, so this should be handled on your end.

Not only does the smaller team stand no chance of winning (and getting the most possible union points) but it's not at fun to even engage in the UW at all. Your crystal is immediately destroyed and within 10 minutes from the start there are 10 players spawn-camping sending their summons into our spawn...

So you avoid them and take a group of allied players the tunnel routes and try to attack the less guarded crystals on the other side.. But they have so many more players than you that they can manage to have 10 players at your spawn, 10 at each of their corners and 10 in the middle of the map. Now not winning isn't all that bad, it's perfectly fine actually but it turns out to be a horrible UW for everyone on the JO side because you're constantly dying, having to re-buff and you're being ganged. Within 30 secs of me engaging 1 player I have 5 others all spamming skills on me and there's nothing I can do because I'm a raider with no stealth and no cloak :/

That way the more people that join the more slots that would open up.. And just for the sake of arguing we could say it would be perfectly fair if the system was setup to be +10 or -10 to account for the dual-client's who are farming points on another account sitting afk in spawn the whole match...

So then you would have 20 JO vs 10 FG, 30 vs 40, 45 vs 50, etc. Within 10 players of each other.

and not a 3:1 ratio.

Many other games have team auto-balancing features that make the odds better and don't allow the teams to be 'stacked' ratio wise. 1:1 isn't required by any means but what's the sense of even going to UW if this is the outcome every night?

With full buffs just about any class stands a chance against any other for the most part so having an equal number (or close to) is imperative. Knights can't take a group of people like they could before... With everyone's high acc, raiders can't take people out 1 by 1 like they did before. it's much harder to quickly take people out especially if there are so few players on your side of the playing field... Because it's that more pressure on you to go out and take guys out... A lot of times without buffs because when there's 15 of you playing, only 2 or 3 of those are clerics and the rest are raiders/champs/mages.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

15 vs 40 is on a good day. Usually it's like 5-10 vs 50 and sometimes even 5-10 vs 80. I really wish I was exaggerating too.

I don't know if your idea would actually work because alot of people that sign up are just leeching which would throw off the actual numbers.

Edited by Phish, 14 October 2010 - 06:07 PM.

#3 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

Regardless, they should still give something like this a try and we can try and tweak it from there. I've always hoped they would try to implement something similar to this.

#4 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

how about having them constantly run throughout the day but limit the number of people per battle.

example you sign up for a uw once there are 15 people on both sides it teleports you to the uw ground and the battle starts, once that war is done it moves onto the next 15 on the list and so on. that way the teams are even (bar people dcing during the match/ afking during the match)

dunno how well thatd go havent done a union war since irose lol

#5 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:23 AM

was thinking about balancing wars to and came up with the idea to implent an 1.5x ratio.
So lets say one side has 40 players the other side can only bring in 60 players.

For sign ups: Let everyone be able to sign up, first come, first get. The one who doesnt belong to the amount of players who can enter wont be able to go in portal.

For this make the quest undeleteable once u got it, to prevend the abuse of taking the quest over and over on a char to get ur team be able to join in more players. Quest will delete itself after uw is over or u can delete it once time is over.

Its not completely balanced but atleast u wont get a ratio 5:80 anymore.
And perhaps ppl will join the other side once they not able a few times over to play.

Plus ppl who multiclient and sign up many different accounts will think twice to leech their accounts at the winning side once they start losing cause they wont have enough active players anymore to actualy fight in war.

#6 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

autobalancing wouldnt help much...since the game doesnt know if the players are going to leech or help fight. lets say uw only starts when theres a 1:1 ratio. for all we know, rc could have 40 leechers, 10 players vs jo's 40 players and 10 leechers. the result would be the same.

also this will lead to more canceled uw's if either side doesnt get the correct number of people. canceled uw's wont help much.

#7 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

The only problem I see is the A-_- would really make a difference. At this time it really doesn't matter how many are afk and the a-_- are the only reason some wars go. I think that random assignment of factions might work better. Lets say all 4 factions are considered equal without affiliations to any. Then people would be able to sign up for whatever faction they need at the time. Then when sign ups happen the game would put together the factions by ratio of players signed up.

Example:
15 JO 20 RC 5 AR 30 FG
The game would then calculate the number signed up and in the above situation might group FG/AR against JO/RC.

Or another example
10 AR 5 JO 15 RC 40 FG
Group up AR/JO/RC vs FG

I know the numbers would not always be even but it could help balance sides, people would be less likely to throw in A-_- since who knows which side would win or how they will be paired, and clans and friends can still stay in one faction if they want to.

I think it would be fun to have to make random parties from different factions. If you are not in a group that knows they are all in one faction you will have to quickly form your parties once you see how you are grouped.

Down side - I can see one faction being very full though and throwing everything off. But if a ratio can not be met say 1:1.5 or 1:2 or something then the war does not go. So if 75 RC and only total of 30 JO/AR/FG sign up that war would not go.

#8 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Server:leonis

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

this is a little bit complicated ..whatever you do about ratio-ing/balancing is hard to work at all cause youll never know whos gonna participate and whos gonna leech so its hard to tell. . .
canceling uw is not a good idea more players will get more bored if uw gets cancel. . .and the only problems i can see why uw sometimes not balance because of the different time zones. ..
and i notice in the recent uw is not bad at all cause now you cant predict who's gonna win at all. .and not like before JO/AR always win in the whole time. . .

Edited by paLDube, 15 October 2010 - 10:58 AM.

#9 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

They could make it random.. You enter the war as say FG and it says FERRELL GUILD & ARUMIC DEFEND AGAINST THE MIGHTY RIGHTOUS CRUSADERS & JUNON ORDER.

If they did that though, Winner needs to get 40-60 Pts, Forget the defender vs attacker win points. I never understood while the under dog attacker always get a whopping 15 points for winning.

#10 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

u get 15 points if ur lucky enough to be able to get down side otherwise ur stuck with 0 points beside proofs u might have got by killing opponants.

#11 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

Yeah the attacking side shouldn't recieve less points for winning than the defending side.

Attacking side: 15 points for sunrise crystal being destroyed, 15 points for sunset crystal being destroyed. 30? more if you are a cleric.
Defending side: 15 points for sunrise crystal being protected, 30 points for winning the war. 30 more if you are a cleric.

Whats also a downside is that in the very uneven wars support clerics can't even get points. In the last 2 days I believe my cleric recieved 15 points all together in a total of 6 attacking wars, of course I am just buffing myself at spawn but for those support clerics who are active it's pretty unappealing to even enter sometimes because of this.

#12 Aldrine

Aldrine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

if possible they should also disable the mini-map inside UW.. that way nobody can see the red dots coming and shout WEST,EAST,MID,WEST TUNNEL and EAST TUNNEL. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_mwahaha.gif

#13 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

15 more for cleric when attack -_-

#14 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

if possible they should also disable the mini-map inside UW.. that way nobody can see the red dots coming and shout WEST,EAST,MID,WEST TUNNEL and EAST TUNNEL. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_mwahaha.gif

-_- I actually like that idea, Would make it more fun I think, we wouldn't know where people were coming from unless you actually saw them running around. Raiders would have a blast with that too, cloak + no red dots = fun :P

Edited by Lybis, 15 October 2010 - 12:56 PM.

#15 Hatu

Hatu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:19 AM

UW wasn't designed for people to dual client and leech points on their alt's. Not saying it's a bad thing, but that's not what the purpose of UW was. TO me it is exploiting within the legal limits, but yeah. There would be a way to auto-kick the AFK's in spawn and such but that still doesn't fix the issue with having 10 active and lets say 30 AFK's.

#16 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

how about randomize? odd number of sign up will be attacking, if you are the even number signing up then you are defending.
points will go to the union you are in. so its not fg/rc vs ar/jo.

to avoid people choosing sides, you can disable getting the quest again in another hour.

#17 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

crazy thought. but have a 5-10min limiter for afk's if u didnt do anything for 10mins ur kicked and at 15mins u get balanced out in uw something like a reset if ur group had 40 leechers and ur just 2 guys then at the 15min mark u get balanced out for like a 20v20 and if ur attacker ur proofs get transferd into points (if you were to be transferd to the def side) just a thought :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users