34 replies to this topic

#1 azncloudboi

azncloudboi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

What should I get if I'm going throw? like which one to max out first?

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

I like Exploding Kunai better than Splash, but that's possibly a matter of preference. I highly recommend getting charm-earth because putting up 9 of those increases your weapon attack by 90% or so and it only costs 1 skill point.

Edited by Jaye, 06 February 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#3 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

I like Exploding Kunai better than Splash, but that's possibly a matter of preference. I highly recommend getting charm-earth because putting up 9 of those increases your weapon attack by 90% or so and it only costs 1 skill point.

What other skills are worth getting Jaye?

#4 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

What about the other Charms? Oh, and btw, why do you preffer Exploding K over Splash? Cause I have 5 points to spend and I'm not sure which of those I'll max lol. Are they ranged skills?
Edit: and btw, I currently have 99 vit/str on both chars, K/O, Kunai build, is that okay?

Edited by Joaco, 07 February 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#5 gicko

gicko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Renewal- Chaos

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Is it advisable to get distored cresent next after getting earth charm and maxing exploding kunai?

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Distorted crescent doesn't seem very useful based on its data... looks like its very unreliable.

What about the other Charms? Oh, and btw, why do you preffer Exploding K over Splash?

The other charms just have specific formula modifications to certain ninja spells as far as I know, I don't think they do a blanket increase of damage with a specific element.

Spoiler

I like exploding kunai better because you can control the targeting better from a safer range and it does more damage and doesn't require as heavy of a stack of kunai to use.

Edited by Jaye, 07 February 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#7 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

how is distorted crescent very unreliable? it's as straight forward as it can be. If target's HP/SP is an even number at the time of cast = increase ATK/MATK respectively. If it's an odd number = decrease.

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Because you can't predict what the target's current hp/sp will be and yours won't always be even to buff your atk.

#9 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Didn't I say that your HP/SP has to be an even number AT THE TIME of cast? How hard is it to make sure your HP or SP is at an even number before you cast? Same thing goes for people you will be buffing.

#10 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Just in case you are confused, it doesnt matter if your HP/SP goes down to an odd number during the skill duration. As long as if your HP/SP values were an even value at the time of cast, your ATK/matk will stay increased.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

That is extremely impractical for a buff.

#12 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Pretty damn practical buff for an extra +150 ATK/MATK. I don't think people should be playing this game if they can't tell the difference between an even and odd number ^_^

#13 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

:heh:

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Okay, you spend your time every 2 minutes checking your hp and if its not even purposely taking damage from enemies and potting to try and get an even number to maintain your buff. I'd say it's personal preference. Doesn't change that its inconvenient and somewhat unreliable. Not sure why you are arguing. use it if you want to, but don't push the skill's inconvenience on everyone like you'd have to be retarded to not want to use it by dumbing it down to a statement like "I don't think people should be playing this game if they can't tell the difference between an even and odd number".

#15 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Calm down Jaye. It's actually you who is pushing your personal preference onto other people by stating that it's an unreliable buff. I'm sorry that you find it alarmingly difficult to take a look at the last digit of your HP or SP to see if it's an even number before casting the skill. It's understandable that you'd be getting mad since you don't want to admit being in the wrong but it's probably better for you to concede here before making yourself look like an-_- :)

#16 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Kaddy baby calm down I feel its a good buff if u have a good set up but I don't think he was trying to argue just saying. You know if you need HUGS I am here. Just play how you wanna play it no need for insults in such.

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Calm down Zero. it's actually you who are pushing your personal preference by attacking my opinion when I said in my opinion it was unreliable. I'm sorry that you find it so alarmingly difficult to take a look at my opinion and realize your way of thinking isn't the be all end all of logic before posting. It's understandable that you'd be getting mad since you are trying very hard to be right out of some sort of inferiority complex, but it's probably better for you to concede here before making yourself look worse than you already have :)

Edited by Jaye, 07 February 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#18 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

:p_swt: Sometimes you gotta say F it....

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Yeah when I am doing 21k damage to a 15k HP monster with throw kunai I sometimes say to myself, "what sort of unnecessary micromanaging of buffs can I do to make my damage 23k so I overkill it by 8k instead of 6k? This leveling isn't annoying enough." That's when I say "F it" and I follow one of zero's posts so I can feel smart like him.

#20 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Anger does that to people. Jaye is currently irrationally angry for being told that her assessment of the skill is really silly :( I'm not going to give up on Jaye though! She'll come to her senses and figure out how childish and delusional she's being :)

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Jaye is super calm because that's what people who are in the right are like. She just feels pity for you being silly and angry.

I will be giving up on you though, because you're a pompous idiot (as opposed to a pompous smart person who is still redeemable at least for their intelligence. Think the Sherlock character in the prime time Elementary show). I seriously doubt you'll come to your senses.

#22 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I hope that's not what you tell yourself whenever you go to the irowiki site and get told off by all the moderators/admins there :(((

All posts from this one up to the top has been unapproved by VM07 due to an obvious circumstance.

Edited by VolunteerMod07, 07 February 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#23 TheKiss

TheKiss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

An opinion from an "outsider" to the argument:

Just get yous max HP/SP to be an even number, then all it takes is 10~20 seconds to get the buff anyways. That's what I did in the test servers

If you can't get it like that, you can always go overweight and force your HP/SP by using a few skills (Ninja Aura/Soul, Clear Meditation) and maybe a adding a few recovery items for good measure (Grapes and Apples work wonders).

If it takes you more than 30 seconds to do this, you probably don't know your own character very well.

But then again...

-points to topic-

this is a Kagerou thread... and only Oboro can into Distorted Crescent Moonlight......

#24 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Both Zero and Jaye have different views when it comes to practical or impractical use of Distored Cresent. One is saying that it's not practical to use it as a debuffer while the other is saying that it's good to use as a buffer if timed correctly. Regardless of what your views are, I appeciate the input on this fresh new class which not too many understand.

I do agree with Jaye on this one though. My opinion on this skill is not worth getting. Having to look at your status windows and then having to perfectly time your cast in a hectic situation is not practical at all. Maybe I should quit playing Kagerou because I'm not fast at reading a status window.

Edited by ilovemilk, 07 February 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#25 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

In regard to the elemental orbs (talismans or whatever), I'm a throwing build and I plan to get all 4. The reason for this of course is because when you summon 10, Exploding Kunai will go from neutral damage to whatever property you've summoned. It rather significantly increased my damage output with that skill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users