#1 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

What advice would you give to a priest doing their very first TI party? VIT or AGI? Just realized I could reset my Battle Priest to FS Priest and will prolly do my first party tonight as an FS priest.

#2 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Vit because Agi isn't going to do you any favors.

#3 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

You probably wanna be more tanky as a priest like Riakuta said. Agi won't do much to help you survive.

#4 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ok VIT, but what kind of poor skills/behavior would you like to see priests correct?

#5 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Ok VIT, but what kind of poor skills/behavior would you like to see priests correct?

Using the party screen to heal. :p_swt:

A lot of new priests try to heal on-screen and it ends up killing more players. Healing via the party screen helps alleviate that and keep more people alive. (Use Heal and click on anyone's name via the party screen, cool feature huh?)

When you get to AB, don't rely on coluseo heal to heal everyone to max. You're still gonna need your regular heal for individual healing.

That's about all I can say or think of.

Edited by Senkasa, 10 February 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#6 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

If you end up being the only priest remember to conserve you sp, not everyone will need full buffs, agi for everyone if u a moving party, if your not in a moving party agi and KE mobbers and bless casters and ignore the other 8 people that will be in ur party that will be there just for the ride, its not like buffing them will actually get them to do anything

#7 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Also. Scholars/Professors will be your BEST friends in TI parties with Soul Exhale. You just have to heal them after they convert their HP to SP.

#8 Brenson

Brenson

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

/snip
A lot of new priests try to heal on-screen and it ends up killing more players. Healing via the party screen helps alleviate that and keep more people alive. (Use Heal and click on anyone's name via the party screen, cool feature huh?)
snip/

omg you're my crush for the day. i luv you so hard right now :ani_awsm:

#9 VolunteerMod01

VolunteerMod01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Moved to the appropriate section. Please post class-related questions in their appropriate subtopic! Thank you :)

#10 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Max Magnificant, and Max Resu, hate seeing priests not maxing this skills, specially at mid to high level parties.

#11 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Moved to the appropriate section. Please post class-related questions in their appropriate subtopic! Thank you :)

Oh you mean like how all the kaberou/Oberou questions are in the expanded section? Why are you targeting me? Everyone posts class questions in main because they don't want to wait 4 hours for 1 comment.

#12 VolunteerMod01

VolunteerMod01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Oh you mean like how all the kaberou/Oberou questions are in the expanded section? Why are you targeting me? Everyone posts class questions in main because they don't want to wait 4 hours for 1 comment.

Both Kagerou and Oboro are expanded classes, so they belong in the Expanded section. Unless you actually mean the Ragnarok Community chat? On the first page there is no topic specifically about Kagerou or Oboro (other than the reset NPC topic), and their builds and weapons, because they have been made in the appropriate section or they have been moved to their section as well.

So in the future can you please post in the appropriate section? Thank you in advance :).

#13 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

UHHHHHHH there's actually two threads on the front page about Kaberous and Oberous, do your job and stop singling me out, thanks for killing my thread btw, just doing what every other person on the forums does, but you have to single me out

#14 VolunteerMod01

VolunteerMod01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

There are 3 not pinned threads about K/Os on the main page, because the first one is the race to 150 topic which is a general topic and doesn't really apply to being in a section based on giving tips about the class. The second is about there being a reset NPC for ninjas. That doesn't really belong in the expanded section because that's more of a request that people are asking for rather than build questions. And the third topic is about the weapon, but that has already been moved (however the topic is still there to serve as a link to the new placement). I'm not singling you out because I also moved another user's thread to the appropriate location, and many users post threads in the class sections and get responses. Sorry that I couldn't meet your expectations. Thank you for your understanding!

Edited by VolunteerMod01, 10 February 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#15 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

My advice to FS Priests/High Priests/Archbishops is to pay attention. It's pretty important to make sure that certain buffs stay up--mainly Magnificat, Bless, and AGI. Like Senkasa said, use the party window to buff or Heal, since that will help you keep track of who's gotten which buffs more easily and will avoid mishaps like healing the wrong person (or monster) and letting a low-HP partymate die. Also, bring your toolkit. As a Priest/HP/AB, you'll need plenty of BGems, Ancilla, Blue Potions/Strawberrys, Holy Water, and Green Potions/Panacea. It's pretty frustrating for me when I'm in a TI on a non-Priest class and I find out that the Priest can't Resurrect or drop a Sanctuary/Epiclesis when needed because they don't have BGems or they've run out of SP and have no restoratives.

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Get a phen card / orleans gown / other no cast interrupt gears. Light of Cure with Cure lvl 1 enchant lets you spam high heal, but has a lvl 110 req. Stay with the party, preferably in the middle behind the tanks but not at the back or you may get stuck. Use reduction / tank gears even if you aren't supposed to be tanking. Look at what people say in chat, like if someone is leaving, someone died and needs res, etc. Rebuff people who are ressed as they have no buffs. Spamming praef can be viewed as "noob" and people will argue about KE vs assumpt, but using praef as often as you can in a regular TI situation really does save lives and SP. Know how other classes work to give them appropriate buffs later on like Sacra, Odin's Power, Impositio.

#17 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Normal heal sucks when you're a high level. You want to instantaneously heal someone for larger amounts than spamming several heals over and over (waste of time....) when you could have healed that person once and casted Assumptio, Odin's Power, Kyrie or renew buffs or something. Also, every AB should invest in Arc Angeling card... Running out of SP is just pathetic and slows everyone down. If you can't afford the card, bring pots at least.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 17 February 2013 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users