#1 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

seriously i wish i could restat my smith, but im already level 90. its been a grueling 90 levels of potion spamming galore. i swear to god that sometimes i have 0 flee rate at all. currently at 90 agi and killing some harpies in aldebaren and theyre wrecking me. they have a 100% hitrate against me. in fact i dont think ive ever dodged a single one of their attacks

i dunno how all these botter/af.kers do it honestly. you guys must have like nothing but flee cards on or something. if i ever rebirth this horrid character, im going str/vit with a lil agi this time for cart revolution mob training

Edited by killedbytofu, 11 February 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

If you were to post your stats and gear we could give comment on why you're having these issues.

But agi smith is pretty terrible. Pure agi smiths never worked out all that well; Even in the old days, most were hybrids.

#3 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

i just realized i put 90 instead of 80 for my OP lol. im currently lvl 82 since i posted this. been grinding on pecos since i have good flee towards them

If you were to post your stats and gear we could give comment on why you're having these issues.

But agi smith is pretty terrible. Pure agi smiths never worked out all that well; Even in the old days, most were hybrids.

im using the eden gear

57 str
89 agi
13 vit
1 int
40 dex
1 luk

im currently pumping nothing but str and vit now. i know my str is pretty low but its because i was getting sick of being hit alot so i went crazy pumping agi thinking the flee would start kicking in and making it more bearable. next thing i know im lvl 80 and leveling is miserable. in 3 levels it wont even matter cuz ill be in TI parties, but i really just dont get why theres so many pure agi smiths/chemists on the server. thats ALL ive seen since i started leveling and its not just a few. ive seen 100s of chemists that are pure agi. i thought maybe that they fixed smiths flee since the old days and thats why noone was going vit anymore. maybe all im seeing are bots with tons of flee gear on though

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hardly anyone makes agi chemists/smiths. Because they're terrible, as you've correctly observed. Are you judging based on attack speed, or looking at third job characters (genetic with Eira homun S can get 500 flee + 189 aspd w/out agi via overed boost buff)? I ask because I'm very surprised to hear that you're seeing lots of pure agi chemists/smiths!

I don't know which eden gear you mean (there are several of each gear, and I've never done the eden quests so I don't know which ones you would have).

But it sounds like you don't have much +flee gear; for a pure agi anything-not-a-thief-class to work, you need +20 flee in your garment, at the very least, and there are a few headgears that give 10-15 flee (I think some are cheap too), plus cash shop ribbon for 5 flee, and there's 35-40 flee right there. (vs 12 if you have eden mant II). I think this is what's keeping your agi smith from performing poorly, instead of miserably like it is now.

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Also what are you using for a weapon?
I used +7 Two handed [2] axes carded with elemental cards and always endowed.

I've made an agi smith work in the recent past with flee gear but you need to be dishing a lot of damage
to offset your reduced survivability. You need to hit about 325-350 flee to meaningfully dodge anything in your level range.

#6 sat0ri

sat0ri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Ah this must be the post drazzy was talking about. So a good way to lvl is to get decent str, Vit, dex, some int and just cart revolution? We just started so funding is quite low. Although she ran around the turtle oisland ti looting everything in sight and made some nice pot money lol.

#7 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

What you need is better gear and better monster choice. Agi build is boring without CD/+7 or 9 HBP/ROFL. Harpy has high hit rate, Choose easier monsters like turtles on 2F or stapo/magmaring that not many aggresives on the map..

#8 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

ahhhhhh, i wasnt aware that chemists got a flee buff from their pet. that must be how all of these af.kemists are able to not die in hunting zones. but yea im actually seeing agi merchants up the yin yang now. mostly from botters which is what made me think that smiths had flee now since a botter wouldnt risk putting whisper card and other gear on such a disposable character

Ah this must be the post drazzy was talking about. So a good way to lvl is to get decent str, Vit, dex, some int and just cart revolution? We just started so funding is quite low. Although she ran around the turtle oisland ti looting everything in sight and made some nice pot money lol.

yea this was my old blacksmith build YEARS ago and it absolutely rocked. great for solo leveling, great for mvp, and even better for pvp. just make sure to have auto attack turned off because cart rev will fail to cast if you get locked onto a monster. smiths are very STR reliant since their flee sucks and they dont really have attack spells (mammo sucks because it drains all of your money). their damage IS their defense. i only went the AGI route because i was seeing SO MANY agi/flee smiths/chemists, that i thought maybe gravity had buffed the crap out of them. i guess theyre just hella stacked with gear though. btw that build also needs at least 30 agi for aspd or youll be clawing your eyes out from being too slow

dont get me wrong. agi is fun on smith. hell, when cart revolution isnt on, i almost feel like a snail because im so used to seeing a flurry of damage. its just too potion costly and not very efficient.

Edited by killedbytofu, 11 February 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#9 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

btw the headgear card youre talking about is Isilla Card, and it costs about 10 mil lol

#10 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

There's something I really hated from the latest "monster balance" patch, and it's the fact that almost all of the mobs got increased acurracy, in absurd amounts in some cases.

A couple of examples: (95% Flee: Before > After)
  • Harpy: 349 > 378 (Hit + 29)
  • Roween: 338 > 377 (Hit + 39)
  • Desert Wolf: 355 > 371 (Hit + 16) + Changed Fire Attack 1 for Fire Attack 5
  • Loli Ruri: 358 > 374 (Hit + 16)
  • Taoist Hermit: 365 > 385 (Hit + 20)
  • Wanderer: 397 > 459 (Hit + 62)
  • Horn Scaraba: 388 > 430 (Hit + 42)
They're, in my opinion, one of the reasons of why AGI classes are so rejected now, since even with highly Flee dedicated gears (Dragon Vest & Manteau combo for example, plus Whisper/K. Icarus/etc) in the proper levels you might hardly get around 70% dodge rate, average, against most mobs. So you might depend on drugs like Pine Jubilees if you want more chances.

Still... I really like my AGI Axe Mechanic, Around Flee 345 ~ 350 at the 100s (no buffs included yet), ASPD 188 without buffs except AR and Serk, and quite good POWAH!! (I like to yell it xD). Before Mechanic... I used to wield just VVS Elem 2H Axes to level, good ol' Porcellio pantie & Whisper undie, Aqua diadem... Now I left the Elem axes, changed the good ol' pantie/undie for dragon vest & mant, added BSB & Shack combo, and now using... mostly Giant Axe, because I can't mob with Pile Bunker. Yeah, a PvM dude.

#11 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Now I left the Elem axes, changed the good ol' pantie/undie for dragon vest & mant, added BSB & Shack combo, and now using... mostly Giant Axe, because I can't mob with Pile Bunker. Yeah, a PvM dude.

youre mobbing with agi build ? ^.o

that sounds painful!

it seems that they keep trying to find ways to slow down our leveling. potions are already insanely overpriced. as a new player i find myself constantly broke because all of my money goes to potions. 60z for a red potion starting is too much to ask of a new player, let alone how much i spend on yellows and whites. and then they intentionally make it so mobs will hit us even when we have maxed out flee. this plus how they throw in random high lvl monsters into what used to be the best hunting zones now, all points to that theyre trying to kill us and grief us into not leveling fast so that well pay for VIPs to get the no exp loss bonus and other benefits. i bet they dont have anolians raping your face off in vip high orcs right?

ugh. im gonna stick out the smith and just leech TIs till i hit 99 then enjoy respecing to the functional str/vit build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users