Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

x

Edited by ceinchase, 23 May 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#2 9609130119062331410

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Depending if you want Intel Or Amd

I would Go with Maximus Extream MotherBoard what's Intell BTW.
16 gig Gskill Ram DDR 3
1TB Hard disk with a SSD of atleast 200 GB
Grafix cards I would go with HD7650's cross Fire

now why did I pick this lot as it's way in your cost and also it's a gaming MotherBoard what will own even good Build's
Nothing can come close to ROG motherBoards I myself have one and its sweet for gaming never get lag issues has ROG gaming boost and stepping
to keep gaming speeds to a max TBH if you dont know about ROG board's go check them out they are the best boards you can buy on market hands down.

#3 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

x

Edited by ceinchase, 23 May 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Building a PC really isn't that bad. I built my first one at the end of last year. You can put together a good pc for around 800 and a really great one for 1000 or a little bit more.
Definitely want to look for something with specs like this:There are pre-built systems at newegg here: http://www.newegg.co...Category/ID-228

check around at the reviews and see what other people have to say, even if you're not in a locality that can buy from there.

#5 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

If you can't build it yourself, within your budget you can afford a good system builder. CyberPowerPC is nice if you don't want to pay any overhead on assembly with prices near what you get when you build it yourself. However, their preconfigs typically don't provide adaquette information on what is the best part to get or what type of real wattage you are looking at in a system. With a Boutique builder, you are getting alot more service for your money and something you know will run. It also will not be crap like an HP, Dell, or Lenovo.

Now if you decide to go this route, here are the ones I recommend. ASUS RoG version desktops, Falcon Northwest, or Origin PC

#6 9609130119062331410

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

If you can't build it yourself, within your budget you can afford a good system builder. CyberPowerPC is nice if you don't want to pay any overhead on assembly with prices near what you get when you build it yourself. However, their preconfigs typically don't provide adaquette information on what is the best part to get or what type of real wattage you are looking at in a system. With a Boutique builder, you are getting alot more service for your money and something you know will run. It also will not be crap like an HP, Dell, or Lenovo.

Now if you decide to go this route, here are the ones I recommend. ASUS RoG version desktops, Falcon Northwest, or Origin PC

ok thanks :) is there somewhere I can get all that at one time, already set up for me?
there's no way I'd be able to assemble all that myself o.o
*doesnt know what half of that even means* >.<

.. *takes notes*

No sorry you would need to build it your'self
mainly due to it being a ROG motherboard there kinda hard to find pre built systems I can give you links to the parts needed also Im sure if you take the parts to a good pc shop they will build it for you at a small cost but well worth it the board costs 300 alone then say cpu at around 500 ram at 160 cards 600 it'll end up at like 2500 so you'll have 500 left over

shop to build it would cost say 60 so there is room for water cooling if you dare go down that road but yeah pc build is ace its just all down to cost and how far your willing to go.

But no messing a build like this will make extream pc's look slow my pc cost just over 2600 but I'm using the Crosshair V fomula Motherboard whats AMD the Maximus Is better then my board but slower in clock speeds but you just need a pc for gaming Hardcore so I would go with only the best board you can get hold of seems there updated each week and will stay updated.

Let me know if you need a list of parts You dont need to go ROG but if you want the best money can get then it's a must
Oda posted a Motherboard the Asus P8Z77-V LX (Z77 ATX) what is not bad but is not really a gaming board that's thing There is gaming motherBoards and Just normal Boards Gaming Boards cost Alot of money Just like server Boards. Now dont take this wrong way But Asus P8Z77-V LX (Z77 ATX) is a bottom end Board not saying is crap as it's not and it would run most game's with a good card in it.

It's really hard to explain Between Normal MotherBoards and Gaming one's and they kinda match Up but how do I put it are better at some stuff eg stepping. This is the Asus Maximus http://www.google.co...ved=0CFoQ8wIwAA
And this is the spec's of what it can do http://www.pcupgrade...&categoryid=653 Yeah kinda blows away alot of stuff on the market but cost's alot of money to build

Just some picture of my ROG motherboard Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by vampirenest@hotmail.co.uk, 13 February 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#7 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Products marketed as "Gamer" is just buzzword for people who masturbate to detailed specifications they don't fully understand anyway

If I were you I would go to a local PC shop which repairs and builds PCs for people. I would then ask them to build a computer for me for less than $1000 or something. Monitor, keyboard, and mouse I would buy separately.

Before I would go there I would get some ideas at what I want from what I can figure out myself, such as disk space. If you plan to play some graphic intensive games I would tell them which ones.

Oda suggested some good ideas you could tell the guys at the PC shop, like "Radeon 7950 or GTX 660ti" as the graphic card. If I would make a list for them I would write:
Processor: AMD FX-6300
Graphic card: Radeon 7850
Memory: 8GB
Disk 1:  150+ GB SSD to install Windows on and most games
Disk 2: 1000+ GB HDD to store data on
The reason for two disks is that "SSD" is extremely fast, but more expensive per GB, while "HDD" is good enough and very cheap per GB.

I also took a look at the Cyberpower shop, and while they definitely give you a computer that will handle whatever you throw at it, I can see it hasn't the optimal parts or latest parts, so some parts could be better. But I'm talking about 5-10% better, so its something most people won't care about.

#8 9609130119062331410

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Lool ha ha your funny and bet you never opwned a gaming motherboard :) You should buy one just for the lools when you see it kicking ass of your none gaming one :)

#9 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Freja is right. It comes down to what it can do. In most common setups there is no difference between a gaming motherboard and a normal motherboard of the same chipset. The real difference is with the paint and the lights. Now if you were pushing a $5000 build, a gaming motherboard might finally make some sense because most of what makes the motherboard good is only in use when going overboard.

#10 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

This technology enthusiast guy I follow on youtube uploaded a video of a budget gaming PC similar to my suggestion after my post was made, so I'm not the only one who suggest a regular motherboard for a PC meant for gaming. The motherboard he chooses is simply the one with most features for the cheapest price.

He did however suggest a slightly better graphics card than I did. The total cost should still be below $1000

Here's the video

Spoiler

So yeah, give the PC shop a list like that with those parts and you'll be fine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users