why player never pick item from monster? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

why player never pick item from monster?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

i go to map around prontera,payon,morroc,comodo,geffen,aldebaran,juno player don't want item from monster
they very rich?
if they don't want money by item from monster
where they get money for use in game?

#2 Kandei

Kandei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Many are bots programmed only for XP and expensive items. But some are just people who have limited carrying power and have to be selective about what they pick up.

BTW, I foresee months of delightful confusion between your name and mine. :heh:

#3 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

They can sell items that can be bought with Kafra Points, kafra shop items cost alot in zennies. Usually people don't loot when they are leveling because picking up items will reduce exp gain in the long run. Then again if you are a new player and have no real money to spend for kafra points, i suggest you go loot the drops no matter how low the value is, they will add up in the long run.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Common drops often aren't worth the time to pick up, remember to carry to an npc, and sell. And they take up inventory space in the meantime.

I routinely drop random things I accidentally picked up on the ground, because it's just not worth my time to go to an npc to sell items, when I just want them gone because I'm near 100 item limit or 600 item storage cap. Who cares about a few hundred zeny, or even a few thousand? It's not worth the effort of talking to npc! The money you get from NPCing items is tiny compared to what you get selling rares to other players.

Before the HBP was added to the game, people also didn't grab loot when leveling, now they only do when there's a big pile, and they have HBP for greed, otherwise you waste so much time looting crap that it slows down your leveling (by a lot, actually - 30-50% slower if you pick up loot)

#5 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Common drops often aren't worth the time to pick up, remember to carry to an npc, and sell. And they take up inventory space in the meantime.

I routinely drop random things I accidentally picked up on the ground, because it's just not worth my time to go to an npc to sell items, when I just want them gone because I'm near 100 item limit or 600 item storage cap. Who cares about a few hundred zeny, or even a few thousand? It's not worth the effort of talking to npc! The money you get from NPCing items is tiny compared to what you get selling rares to other players.

Before the HBP was added to the game, people also didn't grab loot when leveling, now they only do when there's a big pile, and they have HBP for greed, otherwise you waste so much time looting crap that it slows down your leveling (by a lot, actually - 30-50% slower if you pick up loot)

what is hbp?

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Heroic Backpack, it gives greed (as well as overall godly stats so people are wearing it anyway), which instantly picks up all items in 5x5 area around you.

#7 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Heroic Backpack, it gives greed (as well as overall godly stats so people are wearing it anyway), which instantly picks up all items in 5x5 area around you.

but player i see they don't want all item even card they don't want it too and i think they never use hbp too because item still drop on floor
if they sell item from kafra shop for get money for use in game
where other player get money for buy item for kafra shop?
i think they never pick item from monster too

#8 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

In this game, you gotta be smart & efficient ! You need to lvl up quickly as well as make quick zenny..the only way to achieve both goals is to grind away & pick only the rare drops !! Its simply not possible to pick up every piece of item on ground !! A newbie can't be selective on what he picks. He has to pick every item dropped in order to even survive the game !

Players who don't pick up items have generally mastered the ability to survive the game & probably, their only aim ( atm) is to make profits asap !! & when i say profits, it doesn't includes few tens & hundreds..

For example, lets take last week's low TI..It was Elders & Anopheles..Anopheles drop bacilus & flywings while elders usually drop Elder branch/Worn out Magic Scroll/Torn Magic Book..Out of these Elder branch are easily the most valuable item which sells at upwards of 50000z ! OF course you can debate saying that you can pick 100 pieces of Torn Magic Book( which u can NPC at approx 500z ea. ) but by picking 100 pieces, the player will :
1. Slow down the party or his solo leveling
2. Also increase the chances of going overweight( thus slowing down more as he/she might have to go to storage to store those items..( which incidentally, also costs 500z each time you access the storage :P )
Thus, its common to see the rare/valuable drops getting picked up while the common drops are mostly ignored !!

I don't know a player wouldn't want to pick up a card..maybe he's a bot or he knows the card is useless !! :)

Edited by ashS1, 15 February 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#9 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Many people are rich enough where the loots from low tier monster are not worth their time. I am not one of these people though. When i first starting playing i had to use a greed from a mech because the heroic backpack wasnt around during that time. With my mech, I earn about 10m per hour by greeding at nogg road. During last week' TI I made about 200m+ from greeding at dragons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users