The next RO class? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The next RO class?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hi!
Im just wondering what class in the game I should create next? Should I even create a new one? I am a Non-Vip player, and that means I have already one account that has 3 characthers in it, mainly they are Ranger, Arc Bishop and Blacksmith. Incase of talks about in the means of zeny-conversation that will affect my creation for my next class, I say, I am dependent on what I loot. I loot stuff and store them and get transferred to my BS, so basically my BS got all the money that are being receive. Roughly at least 30-100k zenies are made by my Ranger and AB or sometimes none. My BS can at least get zeny for 50k-1mil (depending on loots I sell from looting/greeding in TI...

Anyway back to the characther bit :)
What kind of class should I make next? I want something fun and not boring at all and not equipment demanding at all times if possible. Actually, I got an idea on what I will be creating but reading guides from iro wiki, I am not too sure about making them.

The following are the characthers that I want to make in the future. Swordman to Royal Guard, Mage to Sorcerer and Merchant to Geneticist. I would like to get feedback from you guys on what characther I should create next, so I would not be wasting time on a characther that would not be fun for me. And, also you guys are much more experience than I am, so yeah, advice me with all of your great knowledge! :D

P.S. I have a fourth choice, Mage to Warlock :)

THANK YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE!!! :D

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Right now, I would focus on trying to improve your financial situation instead of expending your very limited resources making another character.

#3 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

You don't have a pvp class. Make a chaser or a Kag/Oboro.

#4 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Right now, I would focus on trying to improve your financial situation instead of expending your very limited resources making another character.

Your probably right. Thanks :)

#5 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

You don't have a pvp class. Make a chaser or a Kag/Oboro.

Wouldnt that be more expensive? and will continue decrease my money?

#6 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

one of the great things about games is you can play them the way you want. If you want to make a new character, go ahead. If you want to work on what you have now and make a bit more money, you can do that too. You can even make a new character to make you some more money. A gank rogue can help you get a little extra money.

#7 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

one of the great things about games is you can play them the way you want. If you want to make a new character, go ahead. If you want to work on what you have now and make a bit more money, you can do that too. You can even make a new character to make you some more money. A gank rogue can help you get a little extra money.

a gank rogue bots....

#8 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Perhaps you got a point there, for playing games for fun

#9 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

a gank rogue bots....

I hate bots...
There too many of them T_T

#10 Jyunosayshi

Jyunosayshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

If you ever make a WoE/PvP Char. I'd say Shadow Chaser. It's cheaper or well imo.
You don't have to worry about overupgrading a weapon to feel useful ;_;

#11 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

most of the classes in this game suck/offer nothing but 1 support spell/are boring as hell. youve already peaked with the characters you have seeing as blacksmith and ranger are the most fun of all the classes and priest support can be fun too when youre feeling too lazy to click monsters.

i would strongly recommend playing a master taekwon, aka Star Gladiator for your next char. theyre cheap as hell to equip (you dont even need a weapon at all) and have insanely entertaining spells to play with including leap, which turns you into superman for a second causing your character to fly off screen into the air (its basically the same leap as the barb from D2) and sprint, which turns you into the flash running straight forward faster then any character in the game. another benefit to taekwon is that theyre basically playing their own game. a ranker taekwon gets missions to hunt and quest to earn rank points. if you get ranked, it turns you into a combo spamming madman.

bard = boring as hell and weak version of hunter. has 1 legit support spell, but its own songs dont even work on him (cant even heal self with lutie). some people swear that their 3-1 is better then ranger, but i think theyre just in denial that the rolled the wrong class lol
Dancer = same thing except that their main attack is broken as hell and causes your character to completely freeze for no reason in the middle of fighting, only curable by walking around to undo it
rogue = boring garbage class with practically nothing to offer cept a trash item farming spell. their 3rd class offers absolutely no PvM spells whatsoever wtih the exception of the copy ability spell which lets you learn other players spells (you can learn arrow storm and level with that). otherwise, youre pretty much assed out on leveling without it cuz they have nothing else
alchemist = maximum boring and you dont see any sort of payoff until after leveling 198 levels to geneticist which then bleeds you of all your zeny
assassin = sporadically fun but expensive to gear up. can get tedious single target killing all the time and poisons are obnoxious to make
wiz/warlock = personally i find their outside of group dungeon gameplay boring as hell and agitating/slow as hell. in dungeon with support though theyre pretty fun and youll get parties in the blink of an eye. can get old spamming the same spell over and over though. warlock offers a lil more versatility, but i dunno if its worth the cost of phen card and all of the other gear thats mandatory to play this class. also theyre squishy as hell, so expect to die ALOT
monk: just a crappy weaker version of assassin imo. i dont know why there are sooooooo many people playing this class. taekwon is very similar but MUCH MUCH MUCH more fun to play. the only plus side to this class is that its the most efficient leveler in the game due to the fact that it can heal and buff itself, so no need to buy potions. also has warp, which makes getting to leveling spots and doing quests easier. other then that though, they do pretty awful dps unless they are asura which pretty much wipes out their entire sp pool just for 1 attack
knight/runeguard = i personally love the class (im a vit spear user) but it has its flaws. going vit spec means youre limited in ways. you become 100% dependant on skill usage since your auto attack is too slow to make a difference. means youre SP dependant. if you choose to go agi, then youll be pretty crappy later on cuz your flee sucks and your health is low. gotta love the fact that you get a mount and endure though. being invincible is a blast
crusader = meh i personally find them boring as hell, but some people love them. not gonna talk smack, but being crusader pretty much blows unless you like tanking/support only. their rapid smiting spell is pretty cool though
Sage = absolutely worthless garbage crap waste of time boring piece of crap. horrible horrible class. everyone is only making them for their pvp use (which is all theyre useful for other then slave endowing) but what fun is lvling a char through 248 levels just for some high end pvp use. once again, a class that people just leech parties to level up because its such a worthless garbage class with no real spells for killing. its basically a mage with the ability to change elements and endow....slow cast times, crappy garbage spells, and yea. if youre looking for a cool pvp character with complex abilities, i guess this would be a good choice, but not worth the hastle imo since 95% of this game is leveling, the rest sitting in eden afk waiting for WoE and wasting money pvping for leet status
Gunslinger = absolutely horrible crap for damage. a total complete joke compared to its ranged cousin the hunter/ranger. hell it even makes bard look like a superpower. no matter how much dex you pump into this crapbag, itll never get good. you get the choice of using the slowest weapon in the world if you want decent damage or using peashooters that couldnt kill a pouring if you want your speed. seriously this class is a trainwreck disaster. their attack animations are pretty awful too. it feels like some cheap gimmicky last minute pieced together class. to be honest it was an absolute blast walking through payon forest with a shotgun blowing things away for the first hour or 2. then once you actually started leveling, the crappyness kicks in. you start noticing that acolytes are doing more dps then you and want to cry. sure they have a couple burst attack spells that are awesome, but theyre SP and ammo costly to use. basically shotgun spec which does all the damage requires you to level as vit/dex. and peashooter pistol is the dex/agi build. their shotgun aoe requires you to mob yourself and explode like magnum break LOL
Ninja = it doesnt get anymore boring then this. literally relying on 1 skill your entire leveling career to level with. F1 F1 F1 F1 F1.....if this sounds fun to you then by all means try it out. of course they do have other skills (magic), but the damage is so weak and pathetic, that its almost a joke to even try. also they are expensive to level since you have to load up on kuneis or magic orbs. i ended up having to spend 100k as a novice changing into a ninja on quest items and kuneis. absolutely ridiculous. no new player could possibly play this class due to the amount of money it costs. sure you do super leet dmg, but youve already peaked at lvl 12 and have nothing left to look forward to for the other 186 levels lol

that pretty much covers it. im sure this will make alot of people rage, but i dont care. its my opinion and to each their own

Edited by killedbytofu, 26 February 2013 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users