Gunslinger Stat/Skill Build Help? [Non-Classic] - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Gunslinger Stat/Skill Build Help? [Non-Classic]

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Ello. I had made a knight up to lvl 89, got bored and made a gunslinger. I am using a Shotgun/Grenade skill build with Agi/Dex. I know that doesn't work well which is why I am asking for assistance. I had just picked up the Eden Revolver III, now doing just as much DPS if not a touch more than my Shotgun, the difference being I am not being really attacked when using my revolver, meaning less potion use. This is what I have so far after following an apparently outdated iRO Wiki.

Base Level 70 / Job Level 60

Stats:
Str: 9 +4
Agi: 78 +2
Vit: 1 +2
Int: 1 +2
Dex: 62 +9
Luk: 1 +6

Skills:
Coin Flip: Lv. 5
Single Action: Lv. 5
Snake Eyes: Lv. 10
Increase Accuracy: Lv. 1
Crowd Control Shot: Lv. 10
Full Blast: Lv. 10
Spread Attack: Lv. 10

Equipment:
I only have the final Eden equipment set, and no cards. I only have about 10-11 Mill and I'm making zeny rather slow, even with a merchant alt. My weapon is the Black Rose Shotgun but I have been using the Eden Revolver III now.

I haven't used my skill reset yet so that is why I am asking for help. I want to do PvE/MvP. I don't care about PvP or WoE since gunslingers are good at neither in comparison to transcendence classes, least till Rebellion. Keep in mind, 10-11 mill is a lot to me since I am making very little at the moment and I am not one to spend money on games since I often quit games and return to them at a later time. Since I want to do PvE/MvP, I have seen pistols to be the best weapon. Rifles I often see discouraged, Shotguns are too slow, and Grenade Launchers are a lot of effort to maintain. SO what I would like is if anyone can give me a skill build for Pistols that is very good(I hate the coin thing but apparently that is unavoidable).

Any comments on my stat build would be welcomed as well. I know Agi/Dex is great for speed attacking, and I chose 9 Str for a bit more weight (no idea if 9 Str make any difference). I can work my way to get reset stones if needed for the stat reset, though I don't see that happening soon. Any suggestions on equipment and cards would be great too for reference once I am better funded.

Edited by EpicGnome, 21 February 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#2 SupBrah

SupBrah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Not sire why you did agi/dex on shotgun/grendade shotguns aspd. Is very low like 143 aspd or lower seems better to go vit/int/dex for shotgun build

#3 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Not sire why you did agi/dex on shotgun/grendade shotguns aspd. Is very low like 143 aspd or lower seems better to go vit/int/dex for shotgun build

I knew agi/dex was a common stat build, and I know from experience high agi works nicely for defense purposes that fit my taste, but I wanted to make shotgun grenade work since Grenade launchers are the highest damage weapons in the game (least at the time I made my gunslinger they were). That is why I'm switching to pistols once I find an updated skill build on here. Stat builds that state incomplete numbers (6x-8x for example) aren't helpful and I am not familiar with range classes on Ragnarok. I will be adding in Int eventually I believe since maxing Agi/Dex really isn't needed. No harm in experimenting with shotgun/grenade since I have a skill reset. It's gotten me to level 70/60 just fine. Just isn't as good as I would like and grenade is too fussy. Plus, shotgun drains pots quicker and thus zeny.

Edited by EpicGnome, 22 February 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#4 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

I'm sorry if it may sound very discouraging but if you want to actually do anything with your GS at the higher levels and would want to kill some lower end MvP's (which isn't alot anyway), I would really suggest that you reset your build to Vit-Dex-Int one and main a Pistol/Shotgun. My reasoning behind this is simply because Gunslingers have very few weapon options and pistols/gatlings, weapons intended for Agi attacking, don't scale very well into the game, especially not if you're auto-attacking. If your justifying getting Agi for flee, notice that your Flee is still gimped compared to most other classes, something imo should have been fixed with renewal but wasn't.

Something that Gunslingers have that most other classes don't is that they have very good skill modifiers. When I see a GS is Agi-pistol type, I either think a.) he's heavily funded or b.)he doesn't know what he's doing. (Commonly the latter) Better work towards the class' strength, right? The Vit-Dex-Int build is a pretty straightforward one:

Vit 79~94 (stop at multiples of 5, take in mind your job bonus)
Dex 90~99
Int 28~52 (just go for multiples of 6 or dump any remaining points)

As contrary as it sounds, I do not recommend maxing out any stat, not even Dex. We don't have the bonus of 100 more stat points to allocate like trans do so we'll have to maximize the usage of the three stats. Try to aim for a flat 120 Dex with bonuses, gears, Blessing, etc. Oh and please, do not put any Str, save up and use Max Weights. It kills me a little inside whenever I see GS's still adding Str for weight capacity.

As for the skills, Desperado and THS is a given, as is Full Blast. I have no problem with you getting Spread Shot as it's a less dangerous alternative to Desperado but if you feel you're already comfortable enough with mob diving with Desp, do skip it. As for the Coin skills, most of them are pretty situational and the only ones I've ever gotten use of is Increase Accuracy(arguable the most useful), Last Stand(heavy pre-reqs!) and Gunslinger Panic (situational at best). As for Coin Flip itself, get level 5 or get none at all, it's just not practical to stand in one corner trrying to get coins with any level lower than 5. Every coin also adds a weapon mastery-like damage, +3 per coin I believe, nothing too amazing. Cracker sucks, Magical Bullet sucks, Gunslinger Mine sucks, Coin Fling sucks, Bull's Eye sucks(unless killing Ninjas is your cup of tea). For PvM, I'd suggest the following:

Snake Eyes 10 (pre-req for Increase Accuracy, in actuality, level 7 is enough to reach the whole screen)
Trigger Happy Shot 10 (Bread and butter)
Full Blast 10 (Bread and butter)
Desperado 10 (Bread and butter)
Coin Flip 5 (Pre-req for Increase Accuracy)
Increase Accuracy 1 (Simply lack of a better option like Improve Concentration)
Chain Action 3 (Pre-req)
Single Action 5 (Pre-req)
Spread Attack 10 (Ranged AoE)
Crowd Conrol Shot 3 (Pre-req)
Extra 2 points - go crazy

Yeah, I know big wall of text, whatever. Tl;Dr - Ditch Dex/Agi build, go Vit-Dex-Int, main a Pistol/Shotgun, max THS, Despe, FB, nothing else matters. If it sounds too hard for you, might I suggest going Hunter route and maining a Ranger instead? I hear Ranger academy is still booming.

EDIT: Oh and if you're having SP problems might want to look into buying a Ulle's Cap[1] + Odin's Blessing, Blue Acidus card, Earth deleter card, or a Rideword hat.

Edited by BIuewind, 22 February 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#5 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Tracking can be also an option if you can afford to OHKO monster or have priest buddy and Tracking is very cheap ammo-wise. Full Blast and THS will eat ammo at huge amounts so you will want to use basic bullets with shotguns and revolvers and bloody bullets with rifle skillspam to improve damage a bit.

And as for Flee - Gunslingers are tied to use Gunslinger Panic in order to raise their Flee +30 units.

Edited by Lucentos, 22 February 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Tracking is not an effective leveling tool. It takes WAY TOO LONG to cast, and does the same damage as THS. So for a handful of bullets (costing what, 3 zeny each?) you get a skill that does the same damage, but has no cast time. You really don't have the time to stand around waiting through a 3 second non-reducible cast time on a single target skill. That's not how you get experience.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 February 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#7 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

I'm sorry if it may sound very discouraging but if you want to actually do anything with your GS at the higher levels and would want to kill some lower end MvP's (which isn't alot anyway), I would really suggest that you reset your build to Vit-Dex-Int one and main a Pistol/Shotgun. My reasoning behind this is simply because Gunslingers have very few weapon options and pistols/gatlings, weapons intended for Agi attacking, don't scale very well into the game, especially not if you're auto-attacking. If your justifying getting Agi for flee, notice that your Flee is still gimped compared to most other classes, something imo should have been fixed with renewal but wasn't.

Thank you for that, I'll have to work on getting reset stones but I'll work on fixing my skills. I was hoping a lot of the gunslinger issues would be fixed along with the edition of Rebellion (Gunner 2nd Class) but that wasn't on the list of proposed updates to the class when it is implemented x-x. I might jump back to working on my knight since it is far easier to do the quest for reset stones that way. That is, if the Mesmerizer NPC doesn't reset both. I've heard that it does but also heard that it only resets skills. My gunslinger is for fun so switching to range isn't my cup of tea :P. It was either Gunslinger or Ninja, and almost deleted it to go Ninja but I want to wait it out, max it, then go back to my knight till Rebellion comes. I'll try out your stat and skill recommendations! Also thanks for the cards and hat recommendation. Might be easier to get good equipment if I finished my knight to 99 and transcended.

Thank you to everyone else for your input as well. I'll keep this bookmarked for reference. I'm looking forward to Gunslingers getting a fair boost in the next year or so. I've seen mixed reviews about the Ninja's second class so I hope there is more positive review once gunslingers get (I hope) fixed.

Edit: I changed since the NPC does reset both and I am amazed at how much better a simple THS and pistols does damage, bullet, and sp wise compared to what I was doing before. Thank you a ton! I was unsure what I should switch to since some of the iRO wiki stuff is pre-renewal. I have one last question about equipment. I know the battleground stuff is the best a gunslinger can get generally, but I doubt I can have that anytime soon. I know Double Bloody Outlaw is said to be the best but if I have no Agi, is it still superior to Double Bloody Garrison even if I'm not getting the bonus from outlaw? The armor I can slowly work on as I go.

Edited by EpicGnome, 22 February 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#8 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

By the way Gunslingers will be quite interesting combat option in WoE: TE thanks to Soul Linker`s Kaite that make affected recieve x3 Physical damage from most skills.

#9 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Mhm it'll be interesting. Now I just need to find suitable equipment and a better weapon than eden revolver III. I can get the Double Bloody Garrison [2] but I've seen people say it's not worth it and to go for Double Bloody Western Outlaw but I have no Agi so Western Outlaws ability has no effect. Hmph.

#10 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Gunslinger should stick to Battleground gears since it is the best that can be used by him/her in possible WoE:TE.

#11 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Wasteland's Outlaw is always superior to Garrisons in any which way aside from accessibility, since Garrisons can readily be made while Outlaws aren't, EVEN if you don't have Agi. One thing to notice is that Outlaw is a level 3 weap whilst Garrison is level 2 thus every upgrade gives bigger atk bonus. If you're not going to PvP (which isn't friendly for GS) or won't go WoE:TE (which is a long ways off anyway, ~1 year), I suggest not carding the Outlaw with Hydras and instead card it with the proper race/size +%dmg card or if it cannot be helped, just card it with +damage cards like Andre.

Like above poster said though, BG weaps/gears are the best atm, just remember not to use the Elite Shooter set when going to PvM, No worries about the Glorious set. The Glorious Pistol especially is phenomenal regardless of whether you're fighting Demi-humans or not since it's the only level 4 pistol we get and that +9 upgrade bonus is just handsome.

Edited by BIuewind, 24 February 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#12 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

hey, about some skills that use atk% such as THS, desperado, full blast... may i know why we r not adding str ?

#13 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

If you must know, it is because Dex is the counterpart to Str for increasing damage with Ranged weapons and Guns (pistols, shotguns, etc.) are flagged as ranged weapons along with Bows (instruments and whips are a rather curious case and there are some skills that use various unique modifiers but that's a dif story). Since most GS' attacking skills simply revolve around modifying your damage with +%'s, pumping your Dex is of utmost importance to increase your damage when wielding guns and using these skills.

Hope my explanation was easily understandable and wasn't too messy :p_laugh:

#14 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

If it's a spare Shotgun you need, then I could loan you one of my High End Gate Keeper-DDs if ya want. it's not much but outside of battlegrounds, it's the only lv4 Gun in the game.

for my build, I'm going with the DEX/VIT/INT build, maxed DEX allready, and am currently using the remaining levels to up my VIT and INT. Skill-wise, fully Shotgun based, and yes, I also posses a spare Inferno if you would like.

ign: Argroh.

#15 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think best way to do Gunslinger for Renewal is to do Handgun + Shotgun/Rifle depending on your preferences. I like the high critical rate on Rifles while still able to have a reasonable attack speed. Shotguns prevail in parties though, Magic Strings + Full Blast is too much fun.

Just make sure you pack a Dark Blinder to counteract that self blindness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users