#1 Nyuunyan

Nyuunyan

I made it Off Topic

• Public Security Section 9
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I logged in two days ago for the first time in around four or five years. After hopping around a bunch of MMOS for those years comparing everything to RO and telling people how awesome RO is, I've given up trying to find something better and came back.

However, I'm completely lost! I've been reading up on renewal and finding out there were a lot of changes and sooo many things that seem like something little actually have a giant affect on the game.

Anyway, here's my High Priest:

Posted Image

At level 95; Unfortunately a lot of my equips were taken, including a lot of shields and garments(which I don't have any of now). I have no money to get any of them back and even if I did things seem sooooo much more expensive I'd never be able to afford the gear I had @_@ (I swear every year of RO everything goes up in price buy a couple of mil, but now I see things all over selling for 99mil jeeze)

and my skill build:

Ruwach 1
Heal 10
Aqua Bendicta 1
Divine Protection 5
Teleport 2
Increase Agi 10
Blessing 10
Angelus 4
Warp Portal 4
Decrease Agi 1
Pneuma 1

Kyrie Eleison 1
Magneficat 3
Status Recovery 1
Increase SP recovery 5
Lex Divina 5
Impositio 3
Sanctuary 7
Resurrection 4
Lex Aeterna 1
Suffragium 2
Aspersio 4
Safety Wall 7
Assumptio 5
Meditation 10

At job level 64 with 5 unused skill points

I have no idea what stats or skills I should get or if I should just reset everything(I'm assuming there's someway to reset stuff now).

I'm fairly certain this was a good build at the time, but I've been hearing a lot about how some skills are now a lot better to use then before and some arent? Such as Angelus now is recommended to be maxed? HPs and third classes actually use Kyrie Eleison to do more than maybe walk through a map of annoying mobs or to de-assumptio people during woe?

Also a big one for me is buffing and healing through the party menu. Is this really needed to be good? I'm pretty good at healing and buffing people without it and I've tried to give it a go, but it just seems to clutter up the screen so much and having to scroll down for the two bottom people in the group seems so annoying!

I've been in three full TI parties and the only times someone died were when a bunch of people decided to leave to turn in and when the party leader gwinged and I wasn't able to heal someone in time when we landed on a big enemy group(of course I had only logged into my priest that day so I was very rusty).

Any tips or information for someone who is extremely used to the old way of doing things?

#2 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Well if you want to continue playing Renewal, there should be some guides about doing Eden Quests and how to build an Arch Bishop.

If you want to play RO (sort of) how it was when you quit, you can start anew on Classic.

Regardless, with most of your items gone you might as well be naked. After that decision I would just follow the guides in the newbie section and here.

#3 Nyuunyan

Nyuunyan

I made it Off Topic

• Public Security Section 9
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I've been checking out classic and already have a level 50 aco, however I'm not sure if I'll play on it as much as renewal yet as there just seems to be a rather large amount of bots and I haven't managed to get a response from anyone I've said hi to; maybe things will change once I turn priest and give it some more time.

As for renewal, I've started getting used to the idea of the party window(especially thanks to gwings making it next to impossible to click on people after a teleport), still not 100% on things like seeing people constantly using Angelus, unless I'm reading the stuff about soft def on irowiki incorrectly it just doesn't feel like it would help enough to justify using up SP, I'm probably incorrect on this, but I'm not sure(maybe as a arch bishop with a group of 3rd classes it's more worthwhile though?).

As for gears in renewal, though I am missing a lot of what I used to have I still seem to be doing fine(at least in the TI I've been in) and I've managed to make about 60m zeny already. I also have a few things that I may be able to sell for a decent price like a spare card and a musical box. Also, I'm not sure how much zeny is a good amount anymore, is having 90m a lot(seeing as 99m seems to be the max amount you can vend something for I'm assuming it still is and that the only more expensive things are like MVP cards and super rares).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users