how the hell do you change into a mechanic? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

how the hell do you change into a mechanic?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

im standing at the NPC Chainheart that supposedly starts your quest, and hes asking me for a freakin reset stone or telling me to upgrade to vip.......... are you kidding me with this crap? im on Chaos server. i thought renewal wasnt supposed to do this crap to us? so basically i have to pay for a vip account or wait 4 days of doing garbage TI runs to change into a 3rd class? so much for free to play

Edited by killedbytofu, 23 February 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#2 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

This has been the case for as long as I can remember..

#3 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

This has been the case for as long as I can remember..

taken directly from the ragnarok website job change info for mechanics:

Chainheart in Juno will tell you that to become a Mechanic one must seek out the knowledge that the first Mechanics discovered at the heart of Juperos. Gain the knowledge yourself and you will become a Mechanic as well. Only Blacksmiths and Mastersmiths at Base Level 99 and Job Level 50 are eligible to seek the knowledge required to become a Mechanic.

nowhere here does it say to bring a reset stone. imagine my surprise when i go to change and find out they want an 8 million zeny item from me. seeing as im new, 8 mil is pretty much a small fortune to me

#4 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Mechanic Job Change Guide Requirements Base Level: 99 Job Level: 50 Class: Blacksmith or Mastersmith Item(s) (Consumed): 1 Reset Stone
(if Non-VIP) Rewards Item(s): 1 Green Apple Ring and 1 Driver Band Quest Reward(s): Job change to Mechanic

Taken from irowiki...

Edited by Peerless, 23 February 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#5 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

lol this quest is impossible to complete. what a waste of a reset stone. theres an mvp blocking the exit to the map with the portal. theres an mvp blocking the spawn point in the portal. the dimmiks block the route around the ring to talk to npcs. and you cant flywing in the ring so you have to take them on. cant run past them because they lock you to the ground. this is literally impossible to complete. sigh. guess im stuck at 99 forever and out a reset stone now

edit:
this is 100% impossible without a cloaking card which of course 20 million zeny. good job gravity. now i see why theres practically no mechanics on this server

Edited by killedbytofu, 23 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#6 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Lol,got to go through something to get something.I remember completing this in like 15 mins or less with eden equips,a giant axe and forgot what shield I wore.I know it wasn't something like a valk one though.I killed all the Dimiks though as I passed by them.What saved me was my rudolf hat most of the time.To bad the mvp is there though....

Edited by Peerless, 23 February 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#7 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Lol,got to go through something to get something.I remember completing this in like 15 mins or less with eden equips,a giant axe and forgot what shield I wore.I know it wasn't something like a valk one though.I killed all the Dimiks though as I passed by them.What saved me was my rudolf hat most of the time.To bad the mvp is there though....

i pretty much have the same gear minus the 30 million zeny giant axe which is why you can kill a dimmik and i cant. they hit me for 1000s even though im vit spec and are too mobby to even try to take 1 by 1. without a lvl 150, this is impossible. i cant even carry enough potions to attempt to complete this and if you die the entire thing resets. guess ill just be a TI farm character from now on.

btw giant axe is a 2 handed weapon. i dont see how you couldve used a shield if you were using it

Edited by killedbytofu, 23 February 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#8 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

i pretty much have the same gear minus the 30 million zeny giant axe which is why you can kill a dimmik and i cant. they hit me for 1000s even though im vit spec and are too mobby to even try to take 1 by 1. without a lvl 150, this is impossible. i cant even carry enough potions to attempt to complete this and if you die the entire thing resets. guess ill just be a TI farm character from now on.

btw giant axe is a 2 handed weapon. i dont see how you couldve used a shield if you were using it

Aww,that sucks to hear...

The giant axe was something I borrowed from someone back then.Before,my main weapon was a +4 heartbreaker.My build for my whitesmith had hella agi or little agi and I used hella buffs.I forget,but i had close to 190 aspd.One reason I was able to blitzkrieg the Dimiks.The whitesmith buffs for weapons are something else..I had about 70 vit or so at the time I took the test.The most dimiks I had ever tanked were three,but HSCR helped alot.And no lol,I don't think I had ever used a shield lvling my whitesmith :heh:

Also,too bad..the Giant Axe was like 10m or less back on Ygg Server.

Edited by Peerless, 23 February 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#9 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Aww,that sucks to hear...

The giant axe was something I borrowed from someone back then.Before,my main weapon was a +4 heartbreaker.My build for my whitesmith had hella agi or little agi and I used hella buffs.I forget,but i had close to 190 aspd.One reason I was able to blitzkrieg the Dimiks.The whitesmith buffs for weapons are something else..I had about 70 vit or so at the time I took the test.The most dimiks I had ever tanked were three,but HSCR helped alot.And no lol,I don't think I had ever used a shield lvling my whitesmith :heh:

Also,too bad..the Giant Axe was like 10m or less back on Ygg Server.

i had a pure agi build with 90 agi and it was terrible. almost no flee at all (couldnt afford whisper mantle at the time) so i restatted her to str/vit with a lil agi (like 30 for aspd) and it works out alot better. dont die like crazy in dungeons and i still hit fast. these dimmiks are meant for people like lvl 120+ to fight. its absolutely stupid as hell that they would make a quest for a 99 who obviously cant take them, to have to survive a mobby dungeon you cant flywing in

#10 Banjo03

Banjo03

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I could clear the mob for you.

#11 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

I could clear the mob for you.

if you wouldnt mind, that would be awesome. im on my sniper right now. in game name: Dreamweaver

msg me if youre down

Edited by killedbytofu, 23 February 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#12 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Every third job class change quest requires 1 reset stone .. I am surprised that you didn't know this unless this is your first 3rd job class.

#13 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

lol so he tried to help me, and turns out the dungeon is instanced for the blacksmith taking the quest only, meaning noone can help you. gravity lost their -_-ing minds. i cant take on 4-6 mobs of these monsters at a time even wtih 500 potions, they tear my 10k+ hp down in seconds. this is so -_-ed. im quitting this stupid character. what a trash class

Edited by killedbytofu, 24 February 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#14 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

so much for patience and trying to master this class. Shame on you seriously. for raging about this on the forums and not really wanting a solution to your problem so it seems.

that quest is not impossible to do and Im 99% sure you can even do it with eden gears. seems you dont have the skill to positively end that quest. Next time please dont rage QQ about it on the forums and harrass the community with your tears.

#15 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

I may have used an Errende Ebecee card, some Speed pots then I pretty much just went vroom vroom while potting. Madochanic is a helluva fun class to play if ever you want to continue it (I'd suggest you do). While the Rebellion class ain't out yet, 'Chanics are a pretty *ahem* unique replacement.

Edited by BIuewind, 24 February 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#16 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

so much for patience and trying to master this class. Shame on you seriously. for raging about this on the forums and not really wanting a solution to your problem so it seems.

that quest is not impossible to do and Im 99% sure you can even do it with eden gears. seems you dont have the skill to positively end that quest. Next time please dont rage QQ about it on the forums and harrass the community with your tears.

i tried over 15 times, spent over a million in white pots, tried speed potting and just darting past mobs (impossible to do because they hit lock you) and tried slow pulling (impossible because theres mobs of up to 6 at a time). due to the high spawn rate, even on my closest attempt, i ended up just running out of pots, died, and the quest reset on me.

80 vit and im getting torn down like a mage with 1 vit. this is bs.

just so you know, im a blacksmith, not a master smith. i didnt wanna rebirth because i saw no point in it. i have no use for HSCR, seeing as i dont want to spend money to have to attack, and the other skills are worthless to me since i use sohee tokens for speed running already, im not a forger, and i wont be needing to strip anyones weapon. this character was originally just a money maker that happened to accidentally hit 99 while farming TI for money. thought itd be fun just to transcend to mech since she was 99 anyways, but this is not fun in any way. the fact that they wont allow me to get help really sucks. i am wondering however if other mechanics/smiths are able to enter the portal or not?

seeing how bad this quest is though, i can see why there are almost no mechanics on the server and everyone goes the alchemist route instead. this entire class is plagued with extremely high mat/spell costs, garbage forging options (seriously when the hell is the table of forgable items going to get an update), and weak flee/defense that requires potion spamming constantly. from what i can tell so far, it seems that the majority of people who became mechanics used a stealth card, or had 500m worth of gear on when they did it (neither of which are options for me). so for now, the character will just have to remain a gold farmer in TI and nothing more.

after this experience, im considering rebirthing as a pure agi character again and just buying all the maximum possible flee gear this time around since vit seems to be completely worthless for anything other then living longer while being hitlocked to the ground.

Edited by killedbytofu, 24 February 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#17 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

so the extra 100 stat points and the 25% more HP and SP you gain from rebirthing is useless too?

but whatever. Im sure it can be done with less that you are stating at this moment. because I have done it with gear equal to eden stuff and I didnt use a stealth card.

#18 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

i tried over 15 times, spent over a million in white pots, tried speed potting and just darting past mobs (impossible to do because they hit lock you) and tried slow pulling (impossible because theres mobs of up to 6 at a time). due to the high spawn rate, even on my closest attempt, i ended up just running out of pots, died, and the quest reset on me.

80 vit and im getting torn down like a mage with 1 vit. this is bs.

just so you know, im a blacksmith, not a master smith. i didnt wanna rebirth because i saw no point in it. i have no use for HSCR, seeing as i dont want to spend money to have to attack, and the other skills are worthless to me since i use sohee tokens for speed running already, im not a forger, and i wont be needing to strip anyones weapon. this character was originally just a money maker that happened to accidentally hit 99 while farming TI for money. thought itd be fun just to transcend to mech since she was 99 anyways, but this is not fun in any way. the fact that they wont allow me to get help really sucks. i am wondering however if other mechanics/smiths are able to enter the portal or not?

seeing how bad this quest is though, i can see why there are almost no mechanics on the server and everyone goes the alchemist route instead. this entire class is plagued with extremely high mat/spell costs, garbage forging options (seriously when the hell is the table of forgable items going to get an update), and weak flee/defense that requires potion spamming constantly. from what i can tell so far, it seems that the majority of people who became mechanics used a stealth card, or had 500m worth of gear on when they did it (neither of which are options for me). so for now, the character will just have to remain a gold farmer in TI and nothing more.

after this experience, im considering rebirthing as a pure agi character again and just buying all the maximum possible flee gear this time around since vit seems to be completely worthless for anything other then living longer while being hitlocked to the ground.

Oh no man,you didn't rebirth? :p_sick:
Sorry to tell you,but you will need a miracle to pass that job changing test.
Also,I should have told you it was instanced....I thought it would be apparent since you get teleported there that way.

#19 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Oh no man,you didn't rebirth? :p_sick:
Sorry to tell you,but you will need a miracle to pass that job changing test.
Also,I should have told you it was instanced....I thought it would be apparent since you get teleported there that way.

lol yes, now you can see that im not overexaggerating =p. thought i could pull off casually taking the test without having to go through the hell of 1-99 again and losing my dungeon farmer, but alas i was wrong. currently farming a full flee set right now (dragon armor/manteau w. alicil and whisper cards) so next time around, i can just run past them or mow them down if i have to(ill most likely have a giant axe by then) and not have to waste as many potions.

seriously, giving the merchant class 'endure' would go a looooooooooooooooooong way ><

Edited by killedbytofu, 24 February 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#20 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Tofu you need to rebirth your smith.
You can buy a reset stone in eden for 8 eden merit badges.
Before you rebirth go do every lvl 99 eden monster hunt but do not turn in the xp.
If you have never trans a character before, If you PM me on forums, I'll come help you.
After you rebirth you can get back into the 70s in a day or so (or few hours if you know how) at which time you turn in all you 99 eden hunts xp quest and from there you can get back to 99/70 fairly quickly. You will need the HP for the mech job change.

#21 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Tofu you need to rebirth your smith.
You can buy a reset stone in eden for 8 eden merit badges.
Before you rebirth go do every lvl 99 eden monster hunt but do not turn in the xp.
If you have never trans a character before, If you PM me on forums, I'll come help you.
After you rebirth you can get back into the 70s in a day or so (or few hours if you know how) at which time you turn in all you 99 eden hunts xp quest and from there you can get back to 99/70 fairly quickly. You will need the HP for the mech job change.

save the turnins for when i hit lvl what? 91? or can you turn them in sooner

#22 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Any level but I'd recommend 80+ or there's going to be a massive amount of spill-over EXP (you can only level once and then get like 90% into the level after, so anything more than that would be wasted).

#23 GabbyVio

GabbyVio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Frilldora/Shinobi card.

#24 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

holy crap! the iRO site is completely outdated. they left out the best freakin skill that rebirthed smiths get: MAXIMUM POWER THRUST!

seriously WHAT THE HELL! why isnt this spell listed on the spell list for mastersmith?!?!?!?!?!?! youre literally doubling your dmg output with this spell. i seriously wouldve been pissed if i had not rebirthed now and missed out on this spell. if i had known about this, i wouldve never bothered trying to take the mech test and gone straight to rebirthing. this is absolutely ridiculous. smith test should be a cake walk now that i can put out this much dps

#25 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

i guess now you need to thank the dimiks to not have let you rebirth lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users