2/26 Tex Avery's Birthday maintenance - Page 9 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2/26 Tex Avery's Birthday maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
236 replies to this topic

#201 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Why do you even create a special map for mailbox? If the main issue is sending mail from fields, why is it disabled in TOWNS too? Why can't we just mail in towns? Yeah, sure, there are mail boxes in towns, but you need to type names in there, instead of just clicking on someone from friend list which is WAY easier : |

#202 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Orders came down from on high and across the sea.

i guess lot of ppl here are blind
kro orders... they cant say no. deal with it

#203 NerfChasers

NerfChasers

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Honestly Oda this is another frustrating high TI especially for people trying to level their ninjas. You guys need to look at the spawns and adjust them or something because it makes it not worth doing.

#204 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

take the quest and kill on regular maps

#205 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Means i cant use the mail system as a bank anymore? Max zeny for one character is 2.1b right.

#206 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Means i cant use the mail system as a bank anymore? Max zeny for one character is 2.1b right.

^This is my most important concern.
And especially when all your chars are filled up to the T with zeny...

#207 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

If they would increase the zeny limit that would be nice

#208 MightyMoo

MightyMoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Oda,

Curious, is Enriched dude and his Ores staying? I'm confused because the thread stated that he was going to be leaving. And, if he is going to stay, can we also have dbl drops and exp back as well. Thanks!! lol..

#209 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Oda,

Curious, is Enriched dude and his Ores staying? I'm confused because the thread stated that he was going to be leaving. And, if he is going to stay, can we also have dbl drops and exp back as well. Thanks!! lol..

Since the costume cake hat quest was put in, the enriched event was extended just until next week when the cake hat quest leaves.

#210 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

unfortunately the zeny cap is due to how the game is coded, as stated many times in the past. i wish i had your guys' problem of too much zeny :P

#211 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Oda, has anything been discussed or done about solving the non-WoE related lag?

This is supposedly a "networking issue" that only started to happen post-merge (except it isn't - it'll happen with or without proxy services like LowerPing), despite the fact that Chaos uses better hardware than pre-merge Valkyrie and maintains the same or lower player count. Pre-merge Valkyrie didn't have these issues.

In what way is the new hardware better? More efficient cost-wise or is it actually better hardware? Because I find the latter rather hard to believe.

#212 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

If they would increase the zeny limit that would be nice

impossible. I dont know the specifics, but it has to do with coding. its not something simple to be adjusted with a few mouse clicks.

#213 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

* Maybe later down the line request a "Send to" storage to storage system. Were you basically right click an item in your storage and a "send to" option pops up which prompts a "Character/Amount" window that sends items directly to the named players storage. You could even have it bounce the items back if there storage is full. It'll take some time to bulletproof this but if it does exist the supply problem will pretty much be non existent, with a lot less server instability to boot. Increasing the amount of items we can place in storage from 600 to 999 or something would help as well.

Love it!

#214 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Like I said make a bank system to coin your zenny. It's a nice feature to have for zenny storage.

#215 jesric

jesric

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Server:chaos renewal

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

take the quest and kill on regular maps

takes roughy 3 hours to finish dolomes and that was just my sorc, my friend's bow sc and my 2 links. No gwings just walinkg(since links werent in pt) and we took some breaks to recover link's sp, wait out webs and bleeds(only when my sorc was bleeding with less than 5 sp)

Edited by jesric, 27 February 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#216 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Ok so we tested with all our Guild's Genetics and The Deiter Skill Volcanic Ash has been disabled on woe maps. Now considering this is a woe only skill why was it disabled? It's not broken in woe and is THE reason people make a homun in the first place. You kinda just nerfed a very large part of a entire class. Not to mention it's the only reason you get a homun for woe in the first place. Dont even get me started on how it's harder to level a homun than getting your gentic to level 150.

I mean seriously did you just accidentally forget to mention you nerfed 'stealth nerf' it or did you accidentally make the change and dident know about it?

#217 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Ok so we tested with all our Guild's Genetics and The Deiter Skill Volcanic Ash has been disabled on woe maps. Now considering this is a woe only skill why was it disabled? It's not broken in woe and is THE reason people make a homun in the first place. You kinda just nerfed a very large part of a entire class. Not to mention it's the only reason you get a homun for woe in the first place. Dont even get me started on how it's harder to level a homun than getting your gentic to level 150.

I mean seriously did you just accidentally forget to mention you nerfed 'stealth nerf' it or did you accidentally make the change and dident know about it?

My mouth literally dropped after I read this... it's one thing to disable it vs MVPs but to disable it in WoE is just ridiculous. What's the point of making a dieter when it's main skill for WoE is completely disabled? And what about silent breeze, is that still working? And let's not even mention how painkiller works on allies but not on enemies during WoE, even though it would be used primarily as a debuff (but you can use it on whoever you want in PVM)...

VA is disabled in ET, it's disabled on MVP maps, it's now disabled in WoE too. What exactly is the point of this if you can't use it anywhere? Am I supposed to use it for the + fire damage on regular maps even though geneticists are incapable of endowing any of their killing skills? Or has this become another skill like stalker's piece? Homunculus are starting to seem pretty useless in PVP environments now.

Edited by Alaska, 27 February 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#218 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I do Believe KRO made Volcanic Ash only work in woe/pvp it seems iro has done the complete opposite? I mean like seriously it's a woe only skill.

#219 MightyMoo

MightyMoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Since the costume cake hat quest was put in, the enriched event was extended just until next week when the cake hat quest leaves.

Thank you for the reply...:)

#220 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Unfortunately, several of the homunculus S skills were reported and found to cause problems during WoE in our testing and had to be disabled. As for the MVP/ET maps these skills were also causing behavior problems with the AI of the MVPs which was not the intended use of the skill.

Volcanic Ash Dosent Cause a problem during woe, you just decided to lump it into the same pile as Silent Breeze which is truly broken. Yes these skills should be disabled on all non woe maps. But you went unnecessarily too far when you nerfed Volcanic Ash in woe. It was never a problem, your trying to fix that one just because a different skill was causing a problem and thats just lazy not to mention shows you dont understand the skill and what it's like in the first place. Because if you did have experience with Volcanic Ash you would know that it does not cause a hindrance in woe and is not broken either.

It has too short a duration and people still manage to use skills just fine. It is used to increase fire damage in a precast, not for any other reason but the GM's wouldent know that would they? I mean they have not really ever used one in woe before have they. I say this because if they had they would know these things and wouldn't even consider disabling it.

This is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction where instead of evaluating each skill individually they decided to lump them all in the same boat and just say screw it we will disable them all. You should be evaluating each skill on it's own merits because if you did you would not be disabling Volcanic Ash on all woe maps.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 27 February 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#221 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

impossible. I dont know the specifics, but it has to do with coding. its not something simple to be adjusted with a few mouse clicks.

The word is if. And is not a command nor a request.

#222 SupBrah

SupBrah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

those desocket book or slotted sun glasses things when we recieving those?

#223 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

if you think Enriched hammer makes the econ any better.. you obviously dont fully understand how the RO econ works do you?

I think you misunderstood or misread what I said.

This is ridicules because people like me spend cash & zeny to upgrade items in order to sell them or buy Enriched in order to sell it & you are killing the market & making us loose money that we have spent.

Killing the market = ruining the market

Making us loose money = NOT helping the economy

This is from the 2/12 Maintenance post:

Some fun things up on tap for today, still a few things I need to get the last confirmations on but this is what is going on today:

Double monster exp and drops event active until Feb 26th
-Spawns are boosted for event monsters

Valentines day events going in:
Orc Woman's Rage event
Incubus/Succubus quest

Enriched Hammer/Eat gear and 50x boxes of enriched ores come in for one week.

Fixes:
Illusion shadow gets a fix
WoE 2 guild dungeons will have monsters incorporated into them

Kafra shop:
1 week left for the Punxatawney Phil's Lucky box
2 weeks Serpent hat box
Valentines day Groove Pack arrives
(Some of the items in the box: Always get a Safe to 7 chance box and valentines day fireworks, and a chance of getting Slotting Coupons, HE Battle Manuals, Poring letters and Heart Eyepatches)

New TIs:

70-100 High Orc & Evil Druid
101-125 Nightmare Terror & Abyssmal Knight Draco Ice Titan
126-150 Wickebine Tres & Rake Horn Scaraba

Now this weeks post:

+Costume Cake hat quest from last year's Valentines day event will be in for one week for those looking to make one.

--Mail system being permanently disabled to improve server stability. You will still be able to pick up your existing mail but will not be able to send new ones.
Though sending mail will be disabled on existing maps, we are creating a "Postal Annex" area that players can access through the WoE map Kafras where they will be able to create new mail messages. Information page on Postal Annex

-Serpent hat box leaves next week

-Enriched Hammer event leaves week

-Double EXP/Drops event leaves

-Valentines day quests are in for one more week.

-tear in time quest leaving tonight.

WTH three weeks straight. You could have planned that a lot better & thought about that before leaving him in for a second week when it was only supposed to be a week in the first place. On top of that if it's for the Cake Quest all you had to do is the same thing you always do which is put him in just for a weekend without Ores.

I don't even understand why there is another Cake Quest already when we just had one two months ago in December. How many Cake Hats do people need...lol

That's the problem with this game is everything is just recycled over & over, in the groove packs & lucky boxes, as rewards, etc... It's the same items over & over again. Just keep killing the economy so the people that have zeny won't spend it & those of us trying to make some keep making less.

#224 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Volcanic Ash Dosent Cause a problem during woe, you just decided to lump it into the same pile as Silent Breeze which is truly broken. Yes these skills should be disabled on all non woe maps. But you went unnecessarily too far when you nerfed Volcanic Ash in woe. It was never a problem, your trying to fix that one just because a different skill was causing a problem and thats just lazy not to mention shows you dont understand the skill and what it's like in the first place. Because if you did have experience with Volcanic Ash you would know that it does not cause a hindrance in woe and is not broken either.

It has too short a duration and people still manage to use skills just fine. It is used to increase fire damage in a precast, not for any other reason but the GM's wouldent know that would they? I mean they have not really ever used one in woe before have they. I say this because if they had they would know these things and wouldn't even consider disabling it.

This is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction where instead of evaluating each skill individually they decided to lump them all in the same boat and just say screw it we will disable them all. You should be evaluating each skill on it's own merits because if you did you would not be disabling Volcanic Ash on all woe maps.

Did Oda delete his reply because I don't see it?

It's one thing to disable something. It's a whole other thing to start disabling things without even telling people about it. I'm really getting tired of hearing about all these different things being disabled to fix the "Latency Issue" & now the latest one, to fix the "Stability Issue". Nothing that has been done has changed any of these issues. They do NOT exist just inside of WoE. It's a server wide issue any ways.

#225 korganjartek

korganjartek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

I didn't see a reply at all to that at all Razzez. Also, I just attempted to do the mid TI on my Geneticist, and I'm wondering who decided that it would be a good idea to have a monster that is incapable of being damaged by pretty much any skill in the Geneticist skill list? It's been seeming lately that the TI monsters have been extremely poor choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users