Itemization for maximum survivability in PVP and WoE - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Itemization for maximum survivability in PVP and WoE

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Hi.. I would like to know a good itemization for AB in pvp and woe... The gears i am looking for are mid to high items but not mvp cards and 100 MDEF sets since getting then would hurt my wallet too much lol...

I personally prefer items that give reduction in dmg rather than increased heal amount since as i said i want more survivability not getting one or two shotted by people..(excluding sura)

i am currently thinking of these;
Asprika
+12 cat ear / pom with kk card
BFG w arc angeling card
immune or valk shield w thara
property armors for switching
KVM weapon or enchanted weaps (need more info)
shoes i have no idea lol they all seems similar unless i find mvp cards..
acessory im not sure again...

People tells me Asprika isnt the best choice any more ? O.o so any recommendation would be great!
Thanks in advance!!

#2 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Forgot to mention my build will be something like this

20 or 30 str
1agi
99int
99vit
99luk
and rest is on dex or depending on my prefrence agi

my skill will be based around Sacrament!

#3 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Use WOE set for maximum survivability.

#4 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

I have my reason for thinking woe sets arent the best? o.O
besides if its normal gears i can use it in pvM environment for investing zeny wouldnt hurt as much as buying full WoE sets =)
thanks for contribution tho

#5 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

I have my reason for thinking woe sets arent the best? o.O
besides if its normal gears i can use it in pvM environment for investing zeny wouldnt hurt as much as buying full WoE sets =)
thanks for contribution tho

If you don't want to listen to people then don't ask. WOE set is best for PVP/WOE survivability.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

WoE set(with gr) to get 100 mdef(50 woe set + 30 black rosaries with kbc + 5 from pom + 5 from valk shield + 2 from blackframe glasses +8 from mdef enchanted long mace) is definitely the most survivability you'll get on AB. You just carry fire and gr woe armor and switch those and you're good.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hi.. I would like to know a good itemization for AB in pvp and woe... The gears i am looking for are mid to high items but not mvp cards and 100 MDEF sets since getting then would hurt my wallet too much lol...

I personally prefer items that give reduction in dmg rather than increased heal amount since as i said i want more survivability not getting one or two shotted by people..(excluding sura)

i am currently thinking of these;
Asprika
+12 cat ear / pom with kk card
BFG w arc angeling card
immune or valk shield w thara
property armors for switching
KVM weapon or enchanted weaps (need more info)
shoes i have no idea lol they all seems similar unless i find mvp cards..
acessory im not sure again...

People tells me Asprika isnt the best choice any more ? O.o so any recommendation would be great!
Thanks in advance!!

BFG gives +2 to all stats, it is not slotted!

Asprika sucks and always has, the % reduction doesn't work on anything that hurts. I'm not exactly sure how it behaves, but it's not a proper -30% damage all element garment like it looks like. It's only useful in PVM (where it works on everything, I think - but stacks multiplicatively instead of additively with other % reduc).

The WoE set is the way to go, hands down no question.

Presently you have 16% + 30% = 46% demihuman resist. This just plain doesn't cut it now.

You want the WoE set:
+19% demihuman resist, so you'll have 65% resist (ie, go from taking 54% damage to 35%, so about a third less damage)
+15% ranged damage reduction
+50 MDEF
+5 int
+1000 hp
+100 sp
Then drop a nox card into the garment, of course, firelock into the shoes. If you can afford to go 100 mdef, do what Viri suggested.
There is no other combination of garment+armor+shoes that comes anywhere close to the WoE set in terms of survivability benefits. If you want survivability in WoE, you want the WoE set.

Shield should be valk shield, not immune.

Lower headgear should be hankie in mouth.

Long mace for % reduction.

Ideally accessories should be black rosaries with KBC.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 March 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#8 ryfee

ryfee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Asprika sucks and always has, the % reduction doesn't work on anything that hurts. I'm not exactly sure how it behaves, but it's not a proper -30% damage all element garment like it looks like. It's only useful in PVM (where it works on everything, I think - but stacks multiplicatively instead of additively with other % reduc).

The WoE set is the way to go, hands down no question.

Presently you have 16% + 30% = 46% demihuman resist. This just plain doesn't cut it now.

You want the WoE set:
+19% demihuman resist, so you'll have 65% resist (ie, go from taking 54% damage to 35%, so about a third less damage)
+15% ranged damage reduction
+50 MDEF
+5 int
+1000 hp
+100 sp
Then drop a nox card into the garment, of course, firelock into the shoes. If you can afford to go 100 mdef, do what Viri suggested.
There is no other combination of garment+armor+shoes that comes anywhere close to the WoE set in terms of survivability benefits. If you want survivability in WoE, you want the WoE set.

Shield should be valk shield, not immune.

Lower headgear should be hankie in mouth.

Long mace for % reduction.

Ideally accessories should be black rosaries with KBC.

I believe he was talking about Black Frame Glasses [1], which gives 2mdef and can help you achieve 100 mdef.
BDM (Black Devil Mask) is the one that gives 2 to all stats and is not slotted.

@ OP: You might want to get a hiding acc too; it always helps. Always try to switch and bring extra gears (GR/Pasana/Unfrozen, Immune/Anti-Sniping); you know the drill. Don't bother with putting AA in a BFG--famous choice to put inside a BFG is MP.

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 March 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Oops, how'd I mess that up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users