#1 Temp3MonthAcct

Temp3MonthAcct

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 649 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I messed up the advanced search I did, and bought a Valk Shield.

But it looks like Rosa Shield is better (the best)? All that extra defense is important, right? Imperial Guard also looks like a good option?

At least I can use Valk shield for shield spell I guess? lol

Edited by Temp3MonthAcct, 28 February 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

You should ask specific RG questions in the Swordsman forum.

Rosa / Cross = best for shield spell level 1. Valk = best all around shield, and you'll need one for MVP or WoE.

You can activate the shield spell effect and switch shields, and the effect stays. So really you should have several shields for different purposes, with the appropriate card for each situation.

#3 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Sacred mission is the best shield for rg

#4 Temp3MonthAcct

Temp3MonthAcct

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Right now I'm doing PvM against monsters who don't seem to be using elemental skills. Valk and Rosa seem to work almost the same. I'm assuming Rosa is reducing damage a tiny bit more, and I can't tell because of how variable the damage is.

What's so good about sacred mission?

#5 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Sacred mission is the best shield for fighting an rg

fixed

#6 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Sacred mission has only 10 def less than a rosa shield, but it is unbreakable.

#7 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

I still use my cross shield, for 4 yrs.

#8 Temp3MonthAcct

Temp3MonthAcct

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

I sold the carded shield for 35m and took a bit of a loss. Thanks for the help. Sorry for having it in the wrong section, I was tired.

#9 Torcida1950

Torcida1950

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

What about a tournament shield for leveling purposes? I'll use hunting spear anyway and this shield increases physical damage by 5% if used with hunting spear :o
Oh and nice to know that you may switch shields after activating shield spell 1. Therefore I'll just get a cross shield and switch back to tournament ^^

Edited by Torcida1950, 07 March 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

Tournament is an okay shield, but way overpriced for what it offers. PVM is supposed to be just a "short" process so I wouldn't really spend that much on something just for PVM. If you're getting hodremlin, valk shield is probably better since all classes can use it and elemental resist etc. is better. If you're using "cheap" cards like orc warrior, khalitzburg, go with something cheaper like a rosa shield. With a rosa you don't even have to switch shields for the 130 atk.

#11 Torcida1950

Torcida1950

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

What else can you suggest as good starting equipment for RG? As recommended in the RG guide i want to start in Juperos. But since penomena and peco peco egg cards are damn expensive I'll have to safe for those right now. Raydric garment is my second expensive aim :/
Which garment would you recommend? I was thinking about valkyrian manteau or flame manteau of naght sieger. Dragon breath seems also like an option since I'll train in abyss lake dungeon at higher levels...

#12 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Those are pretty nice garments. Heroic backpack is good for the bonuses of course, and nid is nice as well especially for the sp leech chance, but these are more expensive. Any cheaper garment with raydric will be fine for leveling, or with neutral reductions like vali's manteau or harpy card.

Not sure how good overbrand will be for juperos as they are ranged. If it's not working well you can stay at nogg for a little while longer.

#13 Torcida1950

Torcida1950

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Oh didn't know about that garment and that card. They are way cheaper than raydric and already achievable. Thanks a lot :D
The description of nid says that it reduces 7% from ALL elements. So does it also reduce neutral attacks by 7%? That would be awesome :o
I'm still unsure which headgear, armor and accessories to get. I guess I'll prefer ebone rather than meteo plate, because I might already get 80 Vit until level 100. That should be enough stun resistance I guess. But no idea which card to put in...maybe earth deleter to regain SP?

Edited by Torcida1950, 08 March 2013 - 12:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users